The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

Prayers to all those who posted.

To continue from the last thread, please offer prayers for my father. He is 79 years old and had his second (that we know of stroke) about two months ago. While it was a mild one and he has regained his speech, he now depends on his walker for mobility. He has also lost a great deal of weight. For a reference, he has used a cane for years, however, always refused to use a quad cane out of pride. When I went to visit him yesterday, he gave me his tennis racket and said that he did not think he would be able to play again. Now, because of his health, he hasn't played in over a decade. But, he always kept his racket because he said he was going to get stronger and play again. Thanks.

Norm, my prayers will be with you and your family. I am sure you will stay strong through these tough times.

Update and thanks for the prayers...

My parents got out of the meeting with the Environmental Conservation officials regarding the "wetlands violation" :headache: and it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Fine has been reduced and now we are supposed to write a plan on what will be done to "restore" the area. We did that a couple of years ago after paying a consulting firm and a lawyer because the state's plan wasn't even based on science and they rejected it. :confused3 Now I need to revisit the plan, and the site, and see what I can come up with that is affordable while still making the state look like they are doing their job. The pathetic thing is it has already regrown and the district official hasn't been out in 3 years so she hasn't got a clue what it looks like now or why it makes more sense to leave it alone. Bureaucrats. :sad2: We need far less pencil pushers and more people that have common sense.

My uncle is now out of the hospital and home. Considering all he has been through he is doing reasonably well. Touch of pneumonia and some infection but he could be much worse.

All-in-all things are improving :)

My uncle is now out of the hospital and home. Considering all he has been through he is doing reasonably well. Touch of pneumonia and some infection but he could be much worse.

Back again guys. My uncle is on the table right now getting his pacemaker removed. His body started to reject it. Not sure what the next step will be. To make the situation even worse my beverly cousins aren't even speaking to each other and won't be in the hospital at the same time as each other. :sad2:

OK, so I posted a rant today I should probably post a praise as well (being the optimistic/generally happy go-lucky guy that I am).

After 2 long years my dad has found a job. He was getting very frustrated as a 58 year old man who isn't ready for retirement and needs the health insurance. He was lucky enough to get offered a position for an energy (coal/coke) company in his area of expertise. If he could have written himself an ideal job description this would be nearly an exact match. :cool1:

My parents raised a strong family with good moral compass. It has been difficult watching them struggle through these past couple years and I am so grateful that the light at the end of the tunnel is shining bright. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

OK, so I posted a rant today I should probably post a praise as well (being the optimistic/generally happy go-lucky guy that I am).

After 2 long years my dad has found a job. He was getting very frustrated as a 58 year old man who isn't ready for retirement and needs the health insurance. He was lucky enough to get offered a position for an energy (coal/coke) company in his area of expertise. If he could have written himself an ideal job description this would be nearly an exact match. :cool1:

My parents raised a strong family with good moral compass. It has been difficult watching them struggle through these past couple years and I am so grateful that the light at the end of the tunnel is shining bright. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

After 2 long years my dad has found a job...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks for the good news.

Update and thanks for the prayers...

My parents got out of the meeting with the Environmental Conservation officials regarding the "wetlands violation" :headache: and it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Fine has been reduced and now we are supposed to write a plan on what will be done to "restore" the area. We did that a couple of years ago after paying a consulting firm and a lawyer because the state's plan wasn't even based on science and they rejected it. :confused3 Now I need to revisit the plan, and the site, and see what I can come up with that is affordable while still making the state look like they are doing their job. The pathetic thing is it has already regrown and the district official hasn't been out in 3 years so she hasn't got a clue what it looks like now or why it makes more sense to leave it alone. Bureaucrats. :sad2: We need far less pencil pushers and more people that have common sense.

All-in-all things are improving :)

Positives...My uncle is finally on the mend, my cousins still aren't speaking but that won't change (at least they aren't coming to blows like they have done in the past). My kids and in-laws made it safely to Orlando.

Negatives.. now we received the formal paperwork from the state and it isn't anything like they told my parents and brother in the meeting. Now we have to go by the state's original plan we rejected before because it was so outrageous and lacking in common sense. The conservation officer did come out but it was on the one day my parents said they would not be around and two days before I arrived. She didn't flag anything or leave any written comments or suggestions and then she promptly had to be in another part of the region for the whole week I was there. The fine was not reduced substantially. My parents are completely wound up again and there isn't anything I can do about other than continue correspondence with the state. Frustrating. On top of it all my heat pump went out in our house we can't sell.

I just need to remind myself that in the grand scheme of things I'm blessed. I have healthy kids, and reasonably healthy wife given her vintage :rotfl:, a job, food to eat, and a place to sleep. I am doing better than a lot of people in the world.

I also received a surprise gift of some shaving soap I have been wanting to try and a straight razor gifted to me from Sweden in the mail today (though unless my blood pressure comes down a bit I may hold off on using a straight for the first time
shaving.gif
or I could end up cutting my throat)

Just got back to work after spending a few hours at the hospital. I got a call this morning at work from my mom. Dad has had a history of heart problems and has an implanted defribulator. The past 2 years he has had nothing but good reports from the docs and he has congestive heart failure, but they've told him his heart is actually getting stronger. Anyway, he was at a meeting talking to someone this morning and out of the blue his defribulator went off and shocked him. They took him to the ER at Indy so I met mom up there. Still trying to figure out what happened and why the defribulator shocked, but he looks good and seems to be ok at the present. They're keeping him to do some tests and figure out what happened.

Negatives.. now we received the formal paperwork from the state and it isn't anything like they told my parents and brother in the meeting. Now we have to go by the state's original plan we rejected before because it was so outrageous and lacking in common sense. The conservation officer did come out but it was on the one day my parents said they would not be around and two days before I arrived. She didn't flag anything or leave any written comments or suggestions and then she promptly had to be in another part of the region for the whole week I was there. The fine was not reduced substantially. My parents are completely wound up again and there isn't anything I can do about other than continue correspondence with the state. Frustrating. On top of it all my heat pump went out in our house we can't sell.

As one of the state workers trying to keep common sense alive, this kind of stuff frustrates me. Just know that there are good people on the inside who have good reasons for what they do, and are frustrated by red tape as well.

Just got back to work after spending a few hours at the hospital. I got a call this morning at work from my mom. Dad has had a history of heart problems and has an implanted defribulator. The past 2 years he has had nothing but good reports from the docs and he has congestive heart failure, but they've told him his heart is actually getting stronger. Anyway, he was at a meeting talking to someone this morning and out of the blue his defribulator went off and shocked him. They took him to the ER at Indy so I met mom up there. Still trying to figure out what happened and why the defribulator shocked, but he looks good and seems to be ok at the present. They're keeping him to do some tests and figure out what happened.

Hope your dad's ok. That must have been scary.

Will be praying the MDs figure out the issue. Glad all is seemingly OK and you were able to meet up with your mom.

Thanks for the prayers. Just to give an update, Dad is home and doing well. They determined that the defibrillator didn't malfunction and he was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. They said it is completely unrelated to any problems he's had before and they're not terribly concerned about it. They reset his defibrillator to make it a bit less sensitive and put him on a couple more meds to take care of the afib. He doesn't have any more limits than he'd had before, but due to the medications he's on, he was instructed to keep from getting too much vitamin K which meant lay off the broccoli and cauliflower. All things considered, I think he was thrilled with the outcome, because mom is always making him eat broccoli and cauliflower. Let's just say he won't miss them.

Woke up with call from MIL at 4:00 AM. She has been admitted to cardiac unit, with tests planned.

Woke up with call from MIL at 4:00 AM. She has been admitted to cardiac unit, with tests planned.

MIL had heart cath and being released today. DW had appointment with cardiologist today and her BP was 170/120. Dr think she may have a tumor on kidney and sent for labs.

MIL had heart cath and being released today. DW had appointment with cardiologist today and her BP was 170/120. Dr think she may have a tumor on kidney and sent for labs.
Hope the possible tumor turns out to be nothing. Keeping your MIL and DW in our prayers.

Hope the possible tumor turns out to be nothing. Keeping your MIL and DW in our prayers.

Thanks. I found out after posting this that she has to do a test today to return tomorrow for blood work. It is the only way the insurance company (Rhymes with can'them) will pay for the blood test. Maybe I need to go to rant thread with this one.

Thanks. I found out after posting this that she has to do a test today to return tomorrow for blood work. It is the only way the insurance company (Rhymes with can'them) will pay for the blood test. Maybe I need to go to rant thread with this one.

I used to have an insurance company with a similar sounding name. Loved it a few years ago when they wanted to get into a p!$$ing contest with about all the big hospitals around here and tried to show them how much power they had by removing them from their preferred providers list.

I used to have an insurance company with a similar sounding name. Loved it a few years ago when they wanted to get into a p!$$ing contest with about all the big hospitals around here and tried to show them how much power they had by removing them from their preferred providers list.

correction. Her new insurance rhymes with B-umana. Either way, trying to profit from illness is wrong.

Praying that things turn positive for your DW and a speedy recovery for your MIL.

Just wanted to post a quick prayer for the safe return of my buddy Jim. He is with the Canadian Navy and just arrived in Libya today for the enforcement of the weapons embargo.

May God continue to watch over him and his crew-mates, as well as all the servicemen and servicewomen abroad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter