*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

So how do you guys spend your time on flights or in the car to handle your excitement on the way there? Even though we hardly sleep a wink the night before and pick the earliest flights possible, I never can bring myself to sleep on the way to WDW! I typically bring a book, but I’m usually too excited to really read! Lol last trip we traveled with our friends and their kids, so we did Disney mad libs and that gave us more people to talk to. But this time it’s just me and hubby, and he likes to sleep. He can go to sleep so fast anywhere... and I’m so jealous! Lol what do you guys do to pass the time?

So how do you guys spend your time on flights or in the car to handle your excitement on the way there? Even though we hardly sleep a wink the night before and pick the earliest flights possible, I never can bring myself to sleep on the way to WDW! I typically bring a book, but I’m usually too excited to really read! Lol last trip we traveled with our friends and their kids, so we did Disney mad libs and that gave us more people to talk to. But this time it’s just me and hubby, and he likes to sleep. He can go to sleep so fast anywhere... and I’m so jealous! Lol what do you guys do to pass the time?

I download some songs from my cloud so I can listen to music with my phone in airplane mode. I may listen to an audio book this time, not sure. My daughter plays games on her phone that don't need internet. Our flight isn't that long. We're less than 2 hours away from Orlando by plane.

Well checked a lot off of the "to do" list today. Started off with an early appointment to get my son's haircut. Came home for a bit and did some more packing. While here I charged all of our portable chargers. Both dd and I have phones and my son's portable nebulizer charges with a usb port; so we have a portable charger for each of those things.

I needed to do some shopping so I went out in the afternoon. Got dd some sun glasses, got our travel sized toiletries, new toothbrushes and over the counter medications. Came back home and got back to work. Had dinner in there somewhere. About to go to sleep but now everything that we won't need before we go is packed. Honestly at this point, it's just the shoes we are taking that we aren't wearing on the plane. For my son, that's his flip flops and slides. For me, it's my crocs and slides and for dd, it's sneakers and flip flops.

Our quart sized Ziploc bags are filled and packed as is the rest of my carry-on bag. Kids are still working on theirs. I also got the magic band stickers on. Had no trouble packing for us in the 2 bags and the big one easy to pick up so I'm not worried about weight. Only used one side of dd's suitcase.

Going to the bank on Monday to get some cash from our savings and to Target for some Disney gift cards. Almost there.

I was thinking of this August crew today as I repeatedly checked the My Radar app and saw the heat index was up to 107 in Orlando. That calls for more than a pool day. That calls for frozen drinks and a whole lot of AC! I don't know if I've ever felt air that hot before ! I think we have a good plan to avoid the hottest parts of the day and we're prepared with "gear", but wow. 107!?!
The suitcases got packed today. We managed to get all our stuff into 3 carryon sized bags for a 9 day trip. I feel so proud of myself.
And now... we wait. Four days until palm trees and happiness!

I like to use the water out of the beverage dispensers to fill our water bottles. It is fresh and cold and tastes great. It is also ecologically friendly and free. ;) I just cringe when I see those cases of bottled water being delivered to the resort rooms. That stuff doesn't really taste very good, imo.

I agree. I just don't understand why people are still drinking out of plastic period let alone have their kids drink from them.

I was thinking of this August crew today as I repeatedly checked the My Radar app and saw the heat index was up to 107 in Orlando. That calls for more than a pool day. That calls for frozen drinks and a whole lot of AC! I don't know if I've ever felt air that hot before ! I think we have a good plan to avoid the hottest parts of the day and we're prepared with "gear", but wow. 107!?!
The suitcases got packed today. We managed to get all our stuff into 3 carryon sized bags for a 9 day trip. I feel so proud of myself.

See :magnify: see, this is exactly what I was talking about. The heat index vs what is actually feels like. Baby, it's gonna be hot, hot hot! :charac2:Oh my poor body! :crazy2:

Finally got some shopping done yesterday. I had my daughter with me so it took me twice as long to get through a store. Plus we did a stop at Justice so she could check out all the little toys & accessories they have. But I did score 3 pairs of capris for free & I only spend $20 there.

Last time I downloaded some Disney podcasts & listened to them. DH listens to music. My kids usually watch a movie or play games. My daughter colors.

I saw that too. We’ve been having heatwaves here that the heat index has been reaching 110-112 & it was not pleasant. But it’s got to be better to be in Disney than in Jersey.

I'm really hoping to catch a nap on the flight down since I'm getting up at 2 am and am planning to stay at MK that night until at least HEA. Usually I read. Sometimes I watch a movie on the plane. I have a bunch of games on my phone for this trip, too.

My turn for the 1 week from today. We will be an hour into flying to disney!!
Same, only not an hour in, just 20 minutes!!

Also, thank you to whoever canceled EMM at DHS for the 19th, I was finally able to grab us spots. :)

As for the heat, we were just there the week into 4th of July. The key is to get in and get out and get in the pool!
Follow pool with a nap/rest in AC until you go back out in the evening. :thumbsup2

Checked out Southwest flights and our return flight went down. Got 3000 points back. Woot!!
Our roundtrip price is 13496 points. $232 if cash. I think that's a great price. This is from GRR (Michigan).
Thank you. My flight went down by 5,000 points last week. I read your post and checked again - I cannot believe it went down another 4,000 points! I am pretty surprised they dropped again - this flight is in like 3 weeks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter