*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Finally started packing. Was going to wait until tomorrow; but I got a burst of energy when I finished work for the day. Got a good bit done. All of my son's clothes are packed and his life jacket. One of 2 swim trunks are packed. He wore one pair of swim trunks today so they are drying. He and I are sharing a bag. I'm trying to decide on the last 3 shirts I want to take; but I packed all of my shorts and swimsuits. I also started my carry on bag. I should finish up tomorrow with anything that we don't need before we leave.

Taking my son for a haircut in the morning. Then we'll head to Target for our travel sized toiletries that I forgot earlier in the week

We are officially in the single digits! 9 days to go. We have everything organized and out in the spare bedroom. We are just waiting to put it in suitcases until the day before.
We're at 9 days too! I know what outfits I'm packing for myself and that's the hardest part; but I'm totally a last minute packer so I'll be doing that next Saturday. We do go quite often- August will be our 5th trip this year- so I basically keep all our travel toiletries in the hanging travel bag in my office and never really put the suitcases away 8-)

On another note I Really hope they still have the hitchhiking ghost popcorn bucket when I get there :hmghost:

I received my last package in the mail yesterday so I need to go through what I have & see what else I need. I’m hoping to make a run to at least one store today.

Dance finished this past Thursday but fall baseball practice starts today. That was a short lived break.

On another note I Really hope they still have the hitchhiking ghost popcorn bucket when I get there

I really like that one. I don’t normally buy the specialty ones but that’s the best one I’ve seen & I might have to get one. I doubt they’d still have them when I get there.

Finally started packing. Was going to wait until tomorrow; but I got a burst of energy when I finished work for the day. Got a good bit done. All of my son's clothes are packed and his life jacket. One of 2 swim trunks are packed. He wore one pair of swim trunks today so they are drying. He and I are sharing a bag. I'm trying to decide on the last 3 shirts I want to take; but I packed all of my shorts and swimsuits. I also started my carry on bag. I should finish up tomorrow with anything that we don't need before we leave.
I almost forgot to get dh another pair of swim trunks! We plan on lots of swim time this trip and I'm sure they wont dry well enough in between trips to SAB!
I really like that one. I don’t normally buy the specialty ones but that’s the best one I’ve seen & I might have to get one. I doubt they’d still have them when I get there.
I like the themed popcorn buckets as decorations around the house. Oogie Boogie is part of my Halloween deco and the Christmas buckets come out in December.

@FoxC63 How do those water filters work? We usually end up buying gallons of drinking water from the store and filling our bottles because the water out of the sink in Florida is gross! 🤢
The Brita ones we have you fill them up like a regular water bottle and the filter is in the spout you drink out of, so the water goes through the filter before you drink it. We filled ours at the resort with ice and water every morning and wrapped them in our cooling towel to keep our bag dry and our towel nice and cold. Every time we grabbed a snack or a meal we filled the bottles with more ice and water. Have a great trip!

I like to use the water out of the beverage dispensers to fill our water bottles. It is fresh and cold and tastes great. It is also ecologically friendly and free. ;) I just cringe when I see those cases of bottled water being delivered to the resort rooms. That stuff doesn't really taste very good, imo.

Oh and I think, and my kids and husband agreed, that the water doesn't taste as bad as regular Florida water. It tastes like they might be filtering it.

really like that one. I don’t normally buy the specialty ones but that’s the best one I’ve seen & I might have to get one. I doubt they’d still have them when I get there.
I don't usually buy them either, I have one from the Christmas party years ago and Oogie Boogie and that's it. But this one I have to have!

1 week from today will be our 1st day at Disney! We are going to Magic Kingdom during the day and hoping it's not too busy with the first party people. We plan to leave around 3 when it starts to get busy.

Us too!! Hoping people avoid the park earlier since it closes early.

The Brita ones we have you fill them up like a regular water bottle and the filter is in the spout you drink out of, so the water goes through the filter before you drink it. We filled ours at the resort with ice and water every morning and wrapped them in our cooling towel to keep our bag dry and our towel nice and cold. Every time we grabbed a snack or a meal we filled the bottles with more ice and water. Have a great trip!
What a great idea about the cooling towels, we will be trying this as well!

Hey everyone. I had to do a new ID since I couldn't remember my last one...lol. Anywho...we arrive at POP (our first time at this resort) on August 25. We are super excited to stay here...we've only done Disney twice and both times were at moderates. Does anyone have a new printable August activities chart?

Hey everyone. I had to do a new ID since I couldn't remember my last one...lol. Anywho...we arrive at POP (our first time at this resort) on August 25. We are super excited to stay here...we've only done Disney twice and both times were at moderates. Does anyone have a new printable August activities chart?
I have a link to the website that has the calendars but I don't see a print option.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/08/walt-disney-world-resort-recreation.html

Our cooling towels came in individual ziplock bags and the towel wrapped bottle slide in perfectly.
Where did your purchase your cooling towels? I have one but need to get dh o e. The o e's at Disney are very expensive!
One week from today hubby and I will be seeing Hamilton (this has been a 2 year wait) and then waking up very early the next day for our flight to Disney. Haven’t started any packing, but have started pulling out of the random things I have. I’ll start packing early this week... hopefully.
Hamilton is fantastic. We had tickets last year as part of our season tickets here in StL and next season they are back ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter