*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

I keep thinking I should start packing since it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't. Unfortunately, I know I'd keep going back and double, triple, quadruple checking everything, so I'm really just saving my sanity by waiting. :eek:

6 days!

We haven't started packing either and we are leaving this coming Wednesday. On the way home from dropping my 16 year-old at school this morning, I told my 9 year-old we really needed to get it done this weekend. He said, "I was wondering when we were going to pack." I've had the list done for a while and we have all of the clothes. Suitcases are out; but not open. I just bought them though so I just didn't put them away.

I am usually more focused than this, especially with the trip so close; but school prep has taken up a lot of focus with my 11th grader going back to school early. I planned to get our travel sized toiletries a couple of days ago while shopping for her supplies and completely forgot. And that is one of our favorite things to do.

When we get back, we have 6 days before my 4th grader goes back to school. I bought his clothes and his sister's clothes at the same time though. And his backpack and lunch box should arrive today. We'll just have shoes and supplies to get after the trip. I never buy supplies before open house. That general list they post online usually has stuff they don't need and leaves out stuff that they do need. But he also has 3 preseason soccer workouts in between when we get back and the start of school. I am going to try my best to really enjoy this trip.

One week from today we'll be heading to Epcot. Hoping to make it all the way around World Showcase for the first time. Other than that, doing the Land Pavilion, Seas Pavilion, Pixar show, Imagination lab and some shopping.

I keep thinking I should start packing since it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't. Unfortunately, I know I'd keep going back and double, triple, quadruple checking everything, so I'm really just saving my sanity by waiting. :eek:

6 days!

I haven't started and probably won't start until the night before. Possibly the day of since we have a 2pm flight which gives me all morning. I'm a last minute packer and it drives my dh crazy which only makes me want to wait as long as I can. I'm kidding. Sort of. lol

Does throwing that stuff in an empty Amazon box so it's all together count as pre-packing? :lmao:

You're already way ahead of me.

I just saw someone posted an article that says the work on ToT should be done soon (like the date given was today) and the whole ride operating again. Fingers crossed. I'd like extra ToT rides!

I wonder if that means extra fastpasses will be released soon 🤔

6 days!
We are having our packathon weekend! I have most of our stuff sorted out, and I packed our park bag last night, so we're in pretty decent shape. I will admit though, I will still be packing some stuff just before the SUV backs out of the driveway. Since we're driving this trip, so I just added a bunch of road snacks to our stash.

Hi August Disers! Just checking in. We are on day 3 of our 10 day vacation. Having a great time. It was busy at MK on Wednesday evening but not too bad yesterday at DHS. We are off to AK later today and have FP for FOP, Dinosaur and Everest. Booked a bounceback for next year for free dining- Beach Club! But may change to preferred section at PORS. I am just happy to have one booked and we have the rest of the week to make a final decision. HOT! We go every August and it's definitely one of the hottest times I can remember, but manageable. Just be prepared- we are taking lots of swim breaks and touring in the evening which I really like. We can't get as much in like we used to by doing rope drop, but much more comfortable weather in the evening.

We are having our packathon weekend! I have most of our stuff sorted out, and I packed our park bag last night, so we're in pretty decent shape. I will admit though, I will still be packing some stuff just before the SUV backs out of the driveway. Since we're driving this trip, so I just added a bunch of road snacks to our stash.

Handy wipes, tissues & small garbage bags! - Couldn't resist, it's the Mom in me! :blush:

1 week from right now will be with my DD, her 1/2 sister (DH's dd-adore her) and my grandson at MNSSHP! 4yo Grandson's first party-I think he thinks "Mickeys house" is our usual meeting place now LOL.
Friday - sleep in - MNSSHP
See you there!
Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned! Enjoy your vacation and maybe Ill see you at the MNSSHP Friday (with 30,000 other people :) )
We will be one of the 30k LOL
we’ll be there ON my birthday and we are eating at Jiko and I am just beyond excited!!!!
OMG happy Birthday! I was fortunate enough to be in Disney on mY Bday last year and our 25th anniversary (year ago this week)- we had our anniversary dinner at Jiko-Amazing!
I actually have all separate toiletries for travel and these are kept packed st all times, lol
I do too-in fact had to pick up a couple replenishments today. We frequently head to Lake for weekend so it's easier to just keep it stocked., including our "travel" toothbrushes. I even keep a spare set of contacts and case in the bag. But won't do rest of packing until day before. I did dig around old MB boxes-found my HM band, and the extra hard ticket cards from when we converted old old tickets onto the new media. They still have waterpark visits on them, and one day each of park days. Found my HM ears, HM mystery pins from party 2 years ago, and DD's pins she picked up from her 2 parties she went to during her DCP. I need to pack my Universal AP as well as I think I may slide over there one morning to get my AP pin and shirt, and convert the paper printout for HHN to the tickets that fit in lanyards.
Need to find my fuel rod as well...
So ready for this mini break

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter