• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

That's awesome! I wasn't a fan of AS2 but the kids do like it. I'm hoping to skip it this year. We all love Slinky.
Lol yeah, we aren't big fans of it either honestly and were really lamenting our luck of being stuck in a queue for a ride we didnt really want to go on anyway! Good thing for us we stuck it out! It's just such an underwhelming ride compared to pretty much everything else at WDW.

So my booted broken child and I went to the mall yesterday walked from one end to the other and I told her “u realize this is the equivalent to walking from the Pop bus stop to the park entrance right?”:rotfl2:We are there for 18 days and a scooter rental is about $400 from Apple and I was reading that the knee roller scooter could get painful with all the hills. This may just force us to have a more restful vacay. My concern is the rain and the boot.

So Alien Swirling Saucers started up again a minute after I posted that, we already had a fastpass to SDD and we're about a minute from riding it! 2 SDD fastpasses in the same day, cant complain about that!

Score! Yesterday I had gotten Jungle Cruise for a rolling FP and it turned into an anytime one when the storms hit and closed it. I got to go on Space instead.

Pro tip that I had no idea existed: Space has a single rider!! It’s not obvious outside, but when you get into the queue area inside a little ways, there’s a sign instructing you to tell a CM if you’re a party of one. I did so and the CM at the second FP checkpoint had me go down a whole other empty path straight to the loading area. I had FP so it basically made it a walk on but I would imagine it would save a huge amount of time for standby riders.

So my booted broken child and I went to the mall yesterday walked from one end to the other and I told her “u realize this is the equivalent to walking from the Pop bus stop to the park entrance right?”:rotfl2:We are there for 18 days and a scooter rental is about $400 from Apple and I was reading that the knee roller scooter could get painful with all the hills. This may just force us to have a more restful vacay. My concern is the rain and the boot.
I was reading your post up thread and thinking about our boot experience from last summer. Our 11year old DGS broke his foot at camp just prior to our vacation. Too young (and reckless) for a scooter, we had to go the wheelchair route. It wasn't too bad, as he was able to get around pretty well with the boot, and we used the wheelchair for longer treks. DD purchased a rain cover for the boot on Amazon. Let me just say, that the boot plus the wheelchair got this child tons of attention; the CMs treated him like a king! There were many guests who we met along the way who shared their personal boot stories with him. Everyone was so kind; a little boy from Great Britain gave DGS his balloon, it was such a sweet moment I had to hold back my tears.
I can't imagine dealing with two wheelchairs, and yes those scooter rentals can be pricey, but you may have no alternative. Best of luck to you all, I am certain it will all be good.

@luvmy2babies WOAH! School starts that early???!!! o_O My boys don't go back to school until Sept 3rd.

@capegirl I bring flip flops, slippers, dress sandals and walking sandals. Usually I wear my flip flops through the airport and switch to my slippers on the plane. It's so cold.

@FoxC63 How do those water filters work? We usually end up buying gallons of drinking water from the store and filling our bottles because the water out of the sink in Florida is gross! 🤢

The white one is Brita Travel unfortunately no longer sold and the blue is called Beautiplove. I bought mine from Amazon. I think they may have sold out. I posted about it awhile back and it was in stock.
We do not get any weird taste when using them. Fill up stainless steel containers at night, stick in fridge and have cold water in the am. Both are so small you can pack it in your backpack to take in the parks.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I am going to be cancelling a 12:35pm BOG reservation for Friday, August 16th. Will do it in a few minutes. :)

The Villains After Hours party was so good! We actually spent the first half hour of it in the line to get first crack at some 50th anniversary Haunted Mansion merch! We got a 50th tshirt, the ears, an ornament, a mug and the annual passholder spirit jar with Victor! It comes with a death certificate! We also bought a light up Zero with a leash you can "walk" him. Then we headed over to Star Traders to get our Hades ornaments. I went on Space Mountain, wife cant handle it unfortunately, but the Villains overlay was just some of the villains speaking during the ride. I walked right on, and when I got off, the line was huge! We then did Pirates and the overlay there was just a few live pirates in the ride, so that part was underwhelming. We watched Malificent the Dragon a few times as she went by and at 1am we watched the fantastic stage show! For snacks, we got a total of 6 bottles of water and some popcorn. The lines for the free stuff were short and went fast, the li es for the special items.s were long, so we didnt bother. We just didnt have time to stop for one of those lines! We also got a Villains After Hours tumbler and tshirt. We have about 6 different packages to pick up now!

I keep thinking I should start packing since it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't. Unfortunately, I know I'd keep going back and double, triple, quadruple checking everything, so I'm really just saving my sanity by waiting. :eek:

6 days!

I keep thinking I should start packing since it seems like I'm the only one who hasn't. Unfortunately, I know I'd keep going back and double, triple, quadruple checking everything, so I'm really just saving my sanity by waiting. :eek:

6 days!

Make a list and pack things you don't use on a daily basis. :cheer2:

We usually book the first flight out of Midway because the plane sits there overnight and usually leaves on time. Plus the first flight out usually gets us to our resort by 11am. But the airfare for a flight that leaves one hour later, 7am instead of 6am, dropped to $72 earlier this week, $47 less per person that what we paid for the early flight. So we switched and hope that we don't regret it. :) I haven't bought airfare for our flight to Disney in December so now I have $47 to apply to that ticket.

Anyone have which waterproof pouch they bought off amazon? I'm thinking of bringing an old Iphone 6 just to take to the water park one day for pics.
I have a Moko neck pouch. Cheap, and survived a waterpark day. I also bought the fanny packs, but the band is too long for average-sized people. (I went back to Amazon, and the waists are all the same size on the ones I saw.) It is waterproof, and it is much bigger than the neck pouch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter