*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Thanks. So far we have only gone Southwest although I have looked at others. The baggage fees generally rule those out. I feel really fortunate. Last year I paid quite a bit more for our flights; but when my mom said she wanted to do the vacation on a Thursday to Tuesday time frame but wanted to go down to Florida on a Wednesday, I hoped we'd get cheap flights. Those midweek days tend to be less expensive. In 2017, we flew down on a Thursday and returned home on a Tuesday and I scored flights for $55 each way.

Also glad to have that part behind me. There was literally one flight on each travel day that worked for us.

We always use SWA when we fly to Orlando and the last time we went in August we were able to get $49 airfare. They were having a big $49 sale. :) We usually try to travel on Wednesdays and Saturdays to get the lowest prices.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this thread!

Sign me up for August! We'll be having our anniversary trip from Aug 8 to Aug 23! 10 days Disney, 4 days Universal. c: We'll be staying at Pop Century for most of our trip and will be at Art of Animation for the final days of our trip. I can't wait!! I just hope it won't be too crazy, weather or crowd-wise.

We still haven’t booked our flights home yet. We always book SW but the flights home are high & haven’t gone down. I think I’m going to book Frontier. I’ve never flown with them but the price is right. Only thing is I need to stay another night to make the times work. We’re thinking about staying close to the airport. Anyone have recommendations?

We still haven’t booked our flights home yet. We always book SW but the flights home are high & haven’t gone down. I think I’m going to book Frontier. I’ve never flown with them but the price is right. Only thing is I need to stay another night to make the times work. We’re thinking about staying close to the airport. Anyone have recommendations?
We've stayed several times at the Hyatt Internation airport hotel - it's so handy waking up and being at the airport. Makes it super easy to deal with luggage. There is a great roof top pool that we like to swim in at night and watch the planes fly in. Restaurants (fast food and sit down) / shopping available. It's very convenient. It can be expensive, but with some of the discounts available (such as AAA) the price can be right. Once we even got a package with a really nice breakfast included.

I think this is allowed.... if not feel free to delete.

I have 2 830am BBB reservations on August 27th at MK. PM me if you want them.

Booked a trip to POP 8/17-21 for myself and my 2DD (11 & 8). We have had a crazy year and are still in the midst of it, so what else do you do but book a trip?

I do not plan on telling them for at least another month or so. Some home life things to take care of first and then I will surprise them so they have something to look forward to.

I added MNSSHP tickets for 8/20. We are only doing a day each at Epcot and HS with our final night at the Halloween party. I took my oldest when she was about 2 ½ and she fell asleep just as the parade started.

We have done whirlwind trips before so they will be ok with the fastpaced of it. We had no plans of going back (last trip 2017) until next Aug (2020) for my 45th but the withdrawal is real!

I will be catching up on all 39 pages later! Looking forward to chatting with everyone and I will join the FB group also.

We're all booked up now. Both legs of the flight and today I called in to book the resort (preferred rooms at All-Star Movies). I qualify for the military discount and thankfully there was still availability. Got 2 rooms plus the QSDP. Wasn't going to get the dining plan; but when she quoted the price, it was manageable and it will be nice to have food taken care of in advance.

She seemed pretty confident we'd get the request for connecting rooms which will be nice.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this thread!

Sign me up for August! We'll be having our anniversary trip from Aug 8 to Aug 23! 10 days Disney, 4 days Universal. c: We'll be staying at Pop Century for most of our trip and will be at Art of Animation for the final days of our trip. I can't wait!! I just hope it won't be too crazy, weather or crowd-wise.

You have been added to the Roll Call. Weather is always a bit crazy in August, but I am expecting crowds to be pleasantly manageable this year, at least for those of us who are done with our trips before the 29th.

I think this is allowed.... if not feel free to delete.

I have 2 830am BBB reservations on August 27th at MK. PM me if you want them.

I think this is allowed too :)

Just booked OKW for 8/11-8/15. We’re amped up over here!

Sweet. You have been added to the Roll Call.

Booked a trip to POP 8/17-21 for myself and my 2DD (11 & 8). We have had a crazy year and are still in the midst of it, so what else do you do but book a trip?

I do not plan on telling them for at least another month or so. Some home life things to take care of first and then I will surprise them so they have something to look forward to.

I added MNSSHP tickets for 8/20. We are only doing a day each at Epcot and HS with our final night at the Halloween party. I took my oldest when she was about 2 ½ and she fell asleep just as the parade started.

We have done whirlwind trips before so they will be ok with the fastpaced of it. We had no plans of going back (last trip 2017) until next Aug (2020) for my 45th but the withdrawal is real!

I will be catching up on all 39 pages later! Looking forward to chatting with everyone and I will join the FB group also.

Sorry your year has been so crazy, but I agree, there is no better cure than a trip to Disney!
You have been added to the Roll Call.

We're all booked up now. Both legs of the flight and today I called in to book the resort (preferred rooms at All-Star Movies). I qualify for the military discount and thankfully there was still availability. Got 2 rooms plus the QSDP. Wasn't going to get the dining plan; but when she quoted the price, it was manageable and it will be nice to have food taken care of in advance.

She seemed pretty confident we'd get the request for connecting rooms which will be nice.

It is always such a great feeling once everything is booked!

Woot! What a great group here :) I've been kicking this idea around for a little while now (actually the day after the previous summer deals went away, d'oh! ;)) So excited to get to bring down my middle sister and her daughters/my nieces (will be 11, 9 and 7) for a six night stay. Our six night stay at our favorite moderate, POR, is booked, and just did flights yesterday. Our mom is coming down to join us as well. Originally I was just going to do a resort stay, just so I could afford to get us down to our Happy Place, and there's SO many things sister and I want to do on a trip, but gets pushed to the back burner. Grandma and Grandpa couldn't let the girls not go to the parks though ;) So they are getting 2 day tickets for their birthday gifts (this will be their bday/xmas gifts from me this year). That made it more affordable for me to get sister and myself the same tickets. We plan to play at Winter Summerland (mom and I have, sister and nieces have not), and hang out doing activities at AKL (since we're not going to AK this trip). Our package comes with a day at the waterparks...I haven't been to one in 15-20 years (same for sister) and the girls have never been--so that will be fun--as they LOVE swimming at the resort pool. Then the boat over to DS and just hanging out at POR for our 3 "down" days. MK and Epcot for our park days--and even then doing things the girls don't normally do/ever done...Sorcerers of the Kingdom, A Pirate's Adventure, Agent P, and Tom Sawyer's Island. As one who doesn't usually do the DDP as of late, I went ahead and did the QSDP for this trip. We have been very fortunate and have been to WDW many times over the years (even the little ladies), but this will be the first with no table service meals. And it's another thing we're actually looking forward to for this trip, just doing what we want, when we want ;) For this trip I went with the "knowing it's paid for" factor. So very much looking forward to the end of this summer. Oh yeah, we'll be there 7/31-8/6 lol! Plan on telling the girls the first week of their summer vacation...so they can be all excited and look forward to it and I don't have to keep a secret any longer than that lol (it'll be about 2 weeks after the two older girls' birthdays).

Woot! What a great group here :) I've been kicking this idea around for a little while now (actually the day after the previous summer deals went away, d'oh! ;)) So excited to get to bring down my middle sister and her daughters/my nieces (will be 11, 9 and 7) for a six night stay. Our six night stay at our favorite moderate, POR, is booked, and just did flights yesterday. Our mom is coming down to join us as well. Originally I was just going to do a resort stay, just so I could afford to get us down to our Happy Place, and there's SO many things sister and I want to do on a trip, but gets pushed to the back burner. Grandma and Grandpa couldn't let the girls not go to the parks though ;) So they are getting 2 day tickets for their birthday gifts (this will be their bday/xmas gifts from me this year). That made it more affordable for me to get sister and myself the same tickets. We plan to play at Winter Summerland (mom and I have, sister and nieces have not), and hang out doing activities at AKL (since we're not going to AK this trip). Our package comes with a day at the waterparks...I haven't been to one in 15-20 years (same for sister) and the girls have never been--so that will be fun--as they LOVE swimming at the resort pool. Then the boat over to DS and just hanging out at POR for our 3 "down" days. MK and Epcot for our park days--and even then doing things the girls don't normally do/ever done...Sorcerers of the Kingdom, A Pirate's Adventure, Agent P, and Tom Sawyer's Island. As one who doesn't usually do the DDP as of late, I went ahead and did the QSDP for this trip. We have been very fortunate and have been to WDW many times over the years (even the little ladies), but this will be the first with no table service meals. And it's another thing we're actually looking forward to for this trip, just doing what we want, when we want ;) For this trip I went with the "knowing it's paid for" factor. So very much looking forward to the end of this summer. Oh yeah, we'll be there 7/31-8/6 lol! Plan on telling the girls the first week of their summer vacation...so they can be all excited and look forward to it and I don't have to keep a secret any longer than that lol (it'll be about 2 weeks after the two older girls' birthdays).
How exciting. I have added you to the Roll Call. We look forward to hearing all about your planning. The boat ride to DS is absolutely one of my favorite things about POR, and one of the few things I can honestly say I have missed the last 3 years when I have stayed offsite. Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Finally got the Sci Fi ADR I was stalking! Now if I can line up the Storybook ADR for a day that works, my evil plan will be complete :maleficen
yay! I have a Storybook one that I'm "ok" with but I'd much rather have it another night - so I'm stalking too! I'm also stalking for a Yak & Yeti which seems silly to me when most other reservations are open! But so I sit checking at weird hours, hoping that one will open up!

We've flown Frontier a ton because we used to live in Denver. One thing you need to know is that everything is extra on Frontier flights. It's almost the opposite of Southwest. Southwest, you pay a lot more, but everything is included (like 2 bags, snacks, etc). On Frontier, you even pay for your carry-on luggage. There are no snacks unless you pay for them. So think about Southwest being an all-inclusive ticket--you pay a higher price but don't have to pay any more once you get to the airport. With Frontier, you start with a very cheap base ticket, but you pay for everything else you use. If you go into the experience knowing that, then you might really like Frontier. We like Frontier and fly with them whenever we can. Also, they have a promo right now where kids under the age of 14 fly free with an adult ticket!

I was so excited about the AP discount - with our tix this time we were close to the break even point. However, hopes have been dashed - the travel agent said the room class we like isn't available as part of the deal - so we'd have to upgrade the room (which would negate the savings we'd get in terms of a discount!) I didn't realize how much I really wanted that pass (even though we have zero plans to go again until 2021). Silly, right? :rotfl:

I was so excited about the AP discount - with our tix this time we were close to the break even point. However, hopes have been dashed - the travel agent said the room class we like isn't available as part of the deal - so we'd have to upgrade the room (which would negate the savings we'd get in terms of a discount!) I didn't realize how much I really wanted that pass (even though we have zero plans to go again until 2021). Silly, right? :rotfl:
I bought one AP last summer, the rest of the family had 10 day base tickets. This year, we planned our trip two weeks earlier so that my AP would still be valid. With the discounts on food and merchandise, the free Memory Maker, and the free parking, I made out pretty good, plus we get a small discount on the special events.

yay! I have a Storybook one that I'm "ok" with but I'd much rather have it another night - so I'm stalking too! I'm also stalking for a Yak & Yeti which seems silly to me when most other reservations are open! But so I sit checking at weird hours, hoping that one will open up!

Call Yak & Yeti directly. I have always had success booking directly with the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter