*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

The Villians event goes on sale on April 29th. Is the time 7AM? We are looking to go on Aug 8, which is the last day of the event. Do you think we will have trouble getting tickets?

Hey all!! I’ll be making a short trip August 28 to 31. Staying at All Star Movies!! Can’t wait.

Please add to the roll call!!

You have been added to the Roll Call.

The Villians event goes on sale on April 29th. Is the time 7AM? We are looking to go on Aug 8, which is the last day of the event. Do you think we will have trouble getting tickets?

I don't think it will sell out the first day, though that is just a guess. We are also planning on going August 8th. I would think that there should be no problem getting tickets on April 29th.

Hope you have a great trip!

Well we're back in the August boat - LOL! With free dining, I couldn't resist. It ended up being cheaper than a week in November at the BC, with 2 extra nights! Plus, I don't want to deal with homework while we're on vacation. Last time we did that, it was horrible. And since my daughter's dance studio will be performing at WDW in January, August will give us a few extra months between trips to save up more money.

8/14-8/23 at AKL. Soooooooo relieved we'll be missing the SWGE madness. EEK!

Can't wait! We are staying at Saratoga Springs from the 14-20th. However, we are on the wait list for the Boardwalk, so hopefully that will work out. This will be our first time in August, as we usually go in September. Fingers crossed we can brave the heat, but I am thinking it won't be much different from our September 2018 trip. Oh, and we are going to do the Halloween party for the first time ever on this trip too!

I’m (hopefully) joining! I’m going several days before SWGE opens. I’m hoping for the best. I’m just planning on going to a couple of parks and seeing Illuminations before it closes.
I went the same time last August and overdid it with the heat, so I’m definitely going to take it slower. I was going to attempt to do 4 parks in one day, but I’m still thinking.
It’s my break in school and the price was right!
I can’t wait!

Well we're back in the August boat - LOL! With free dining, I couldn't resist. It ended up being cheaper than a week in November at the BC, with 2 extra nights! Plus, I don't want to deal with homework while we're on vacation. Last time we did that, it was horrible. And since my daughter's dance studio will be performing at WDW in January, August will give us a few extra months between trips to save up more money.

8/14-8/23 at AKL. Soooooooo relieved we'll be missing the SWGE madness. EEK!

You have been added to the Roll Call

Can't wait! We are staying at Saratoga Springs from the 14-20th. However, we are on the wait list for the Boardwalk, so hopefully that will work out. This will be our first time in August, as we usually go in September. Fingers crossed we can brave the heat, but I am thinking it won't be much different from our September 2018 trip. Oh, and we are going to do the Halloween party for the first time ever on this trip too!

You have been added to the Roll Call. Let me know if you change to Boardwalk.

I’m (hopefully) joining! I’m going several days before SWGE opens. I’m hoping for the best. I’m just planning on going to a couple of parks and seeing Illuminations before it closes.
I went the same time last August and overdid it with the heat, so I’m definitely going to take it slower. I was going to attempt to do 4 parks in one day, but I’m still thinking.
It’s my break in school and the price was right!
I can’t wait!

It indeed is easy to overdo it in the August heat.

I have to tell I'm so excited! My parents are coming along with us and decided to bring our two nieces!! None of the kids know yet so I can't wait until they find out. The one, an almost 10 year, went once to Magic Kingdom in Feb. of 2015 then came with her parents (my brother and SIS in law) and my parents on a week long trip in Nov of 2015. She's been talking about going back since. The other, a newly turned 11 year old, has never been to WDW! I am so excited that my sister agreed to let my parents bring her along!!! (FWIW I believe my Sis would love to come along too but they haven't been able to work it out - I would also love for my nephew (17) to come along but he has so much going on with the start of his senior year right around that time). But Still - I have a BBB for the 3 girls booked with CRT right after and can't wait for that surprise!! But my poor DS8 - it's going to be princess overload lol :)

Wow, lots of new August trippers have been added to the roll call since I've checked in. Off to see who will be there the same time as hubby and I.

EEK! That's the first time in a while I looked at my countdown ticker here. 3 months, 2 weeks and 1 day! 106 days! Not too shabby considering when I first started planning it was well over a year away.:cool1:

I haven’t checked in for awhile, we have our dates and resorts finalized now. We will be staying at the YC 8/17-8/20 and GF 8/20-8/26. We will also be spending 1 night at Universal on 8/16! We have emm booked for TSL on 8/19 and MNSSHP on 8/20/19. We may also do the Destinations tour in Epcot. I have made a few ADRS mostly for breakfast. Bon Voyage, Garden Grill, and Ohana, I will cancel 1 or 2 of these, just not sure yet. We have Sci-Fi one evening. Flights are booked, yay!

Wow, lots of new August trippers have been added to the roll call since I've checked in. Off to see who will be there the same time as hubby and I.

We will be there for part of your trip. We will arrive in Orlando on the evening of August 6th, and our first day in the parks will be Aug 7.

Just bought tickets for MNSSHP for August 23rd! Will be my third party, my sister’s first. We are staying at AoA 8/20-25 then heading over to Universal for a few nights. Not Star Wars fans so we are good with our dates missing opening of the new land.

Just bought tickets for MNSSHP for August 23rd! Will be my third party, my sister’s first. We are staying at AoA 8/20-25 then heading over to Universal for a few nights. Not Star Wars fans so we are good with our dates missing opening of the new land.
You've been added to the Roll Call. I am a Star Wars fan, and will be missing the opening by about 10 days, but I am absolutely fine with that. It will be insanely crowded, and only one of the two rides will be open. I am more than happy to wait another year, or two, before seeing it.

Logged into Southwest this morning hoping our desired outbound flight was still $87. Was planning to purchase on Wednesday. Already have our return flight. I was keeping an eye on it because there was one particular flight that would allow my mom and me to get close to a full day's work in prior to flying out; but still get into Orlando at a decent time. Leaves here at 6:30pm and arrives at MCO at 8:30pm. We've been really fortunate that all of our trips so far have been non-stop flights. Kind of spoiled.

Went in and the flight was $69. Went ahead and booked it so we're set on flights. Booking rooms and ordering tickets on Wednesday. Not how I usually plan; but trying to pay for most of this trip so my mom doesn't suffer from sticker shock before she develops her own feelings for the place. Hoping to make it so she only has to pay for her food and maybe her ticket; but food only is the ultimate goal. I'm ordering the military salute tickets so that will be a big help. Should get them in time to book fast passes.

Hey all, just curious, are there any crowd calendars for Blizzard beach or do we just assume all August is super busy haha. We have never been to a waterpark before and just today decided maybe we would try one this year with our 3 year old. Just wondering if there are any days that are better to go then others.

Thanks

Logged into Southwest this morning hoping our desired outbound flight was still $87. Was planning to purchase on Wednesday. Already have our return flight. I was keeping an eye on it because there was one particular flight that would allow my mom and me to get close to a full day's work in prior to flying out; but still get into Orlando at a decent time. Leaves here at 6:30pm and arrives at MCO at 8:30pm. We've been really fortunate that all of our trips so far have been non-stop flights. Kind of spoiled.

Went in and the flight was $69. Went ahead and booked it so we're set on flights. Booking rooms and ordering tickets on Wednesday. Not how I usually plan; but trying to pay for most of this trip so my mom doesn't suffer from sticker shock before she develops her own feelings for the place. Hoping to make it so she only has to pay for her food and maybe her ticket; but food only is the ultimate goal. I'm ordering the military salute tickets so that will be a big help. Should get them in time to book fast passes.

Wow, nice!
There are no non-stop flights from our airport. I purchased our outbound flight at $155 and now it's at $269. Ouch!

Hey all, just curious, are there any crowd calendars for Blizzard beach or do we just assume all August is super busy haha. We have never been to a waterpark before and just today decided maybe we would try one this year with our 3 year old. Just wondering if there are any days that are better to go then others.

Thanks

I haven't noticed any crowd calendars for them; but we visited Blizzard Beach the past 2 trips and didn't find it very crowded. I think it helps that you can go back and forth between the two. Hardest thing is grabbing a ring for floating in the wave pool. My youngest was a little too tall for the kiddie area; but I stopped by there to get his life jacket for the day and walked by it several times and it didn't seem too crowded. I will say we did not visit on a Saturday or Sunday.

Wow that's an awesome price. We can only get flights that cheap on allegiant. I booked on release day for Southwest because the flight I want always sells out from our airport.

Wow that's an awesome price. We can only get flights that cheap on allegiant. I booked on release day for Southwest because the flight I want always sells out from our airport.

Thanks. So far we have only gone Southwest although I have looked at others. The baggage fees generally rule those out. I feel really fortunate. Last year I paid quite a bit more for our flights; but when my mom said she wanted to do the vacation on a Thursday to Tuesday time frame but wanted to go down to Florida on a Wednesday, I hoped we'd get cheap flights. Those midweek days tend to be less expensive. In 2017, we flew down on a Thursday and returned home on a Tuesday and I scored flights for $55 each way.

Also glad to have that part behind me. There was literally one flight on each travel day that worked for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!