• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Lisa and Brad for responding to my question.

We are looking forward to our stay at the BC. We normally go over to the WL even when we are not staying there just to soak in the atmosphere. We are so sad to not be staying there though when we leave. Maybe we'll avoid even going over there this trip :rolleyes:

:wave2:
Hello Everyone,

This is my first DIS post!

I am a total fan of the WL. I love it there.

I have only been to WDW twice. Once back in the '60s when I was just 5 years old, and once with my husband and son in 2004. When I was 5 we stayed at Fort Wilderness and I always remember looking up at the CR and thinking "ooh that is where the rich people stay." So three years ago when I booked my family trip to take my then 7 year old son to WDW I was so excited when the reservations office recommended the WL. We were so happy there and I was thrilled to think that I was now someone who was staying at a Deluxe Disney Resort.

We we loved it so much at WL that we are anxiously anticipating our next trip in Feb. 2007. I hope to book it sometime in the summer. I have to admit I'm way more excited about returning to WL than WDW. I just love the lodge.

So Fred and the others have me very tempted by staying on the concierge/club level.

I've read all of the 2900 posts in this thread as I dream of our upcoming trip, so I have a good understanding of the benefits of the food and CL lounges etc., but I do have one question...what other services have you utilized from the concierge floor? I have justified most of the CL expense from the food benefits and the added peaceful atmosphere, but I need just a bit more justification to push me up to the concierge floor.

We will be looking at spending one day off site in Cape Canaveral. Will the concierge staff help us arrange a car rental that day, or will we have to do that ourselves, since we are going off site? I know they help with ADR, but that is just a phone call so it doesn't seem like that huge a benefit to me. What other things have the concierge staff done for your family to make your trip extra special?

Thank you to everyone for your great postings on this site!

Whew! I finally finished reading the thread. :woohoo:

We have booked our trip for Spring Break next April. This will be the second trip to WL for DH and me and the first trip to the Lodge for my daughter and her bff. (they are attached at the hip, gotta bring them both :rolleyes: )

Anyhoo, just wanted to say howdy. :wave:

I had a previous membership but lost my password and can't access that email anymore. Starting all over again sucks, but whayda do. *shrug*

Kimmar was super helpful to me for our previous trip to the Lodge in 2003. :thanks: It went fairly sour because I managed to rupture a disc in my back. :sad2: The folks at the Lodge were wonderful though.

So, this trip is a combo make-up for ruining the first trip to my DH (it was our honeymoon) and a senior year trip for my daughter and her friend. Of course, for all this we had to go club level.

Spoiled family. :love:

Thanks for the thread!

JanetMom said:
:wave2:

I've read all of the 2900 posts in this thread as I dream of our upcoming trip, so I have a good understanding of the benefits of the food and CL lounges etc., but I do have one question...what other services have you utilized from the concierge floor? I have justified most of the CL expense from the food benefits and the added peaceful atmosphere, but I need just a bit more justification to push me up to the concierge floor.

We will be looking at spending one day off site in Cape Canaveral. Will the concierge staff help us arrange a car rental that day, or will we have to do that ourselves, since we are going off site? I know they help with ADR, but that is just a phone call so it doesn't seem like that huge a benefit to me. What other things have the concierge staff done for your family to make your trip extra special?

Thank you to everyone for your great postings on this site!

Hello..and welcome!!! :wave2: The concierge staff has made my ADR's for my upcoming trip..I have also arranged for them to have gifts waiting in my room. If I'm unsure about something, I just fire off an email to them, and they get back to me within the hour most times. I don't need alot of help from them actually...just liked the fact that I didn't have to wait on the phone for my ADR's. Once you arrive and they check you in privately, then your entire trip they are so friendly and kind and interact with you often. I would think they would be able to help you arrange for a rental car with no problem. I think what you will like most about the level, at least what I like..there's not alot of traffic up there! The food is an added benefit..but you will never justify the cost of concierge in food savings. The breakfast is definitely filling, and you can have all the soda you want..but there is very little at afternoon snack time..and small bowls for soup and a hot appetizer, with small plates next to it :p If you don't get there early, you may not get any, as I think they put out one pan of it and when it's gone, it's gone. They do have a wonderful cobbler dish they put out each evening for wine and cordials..and I would make sure I was there right at 7pm so that wouldn't be gone before I got there (some people take more than one helping :sad2: ) Anyway..you will LOVE it up there. Sitting at the tables, around that railing and looking down upon that lobby, it gives me chills just thinking about it :goodvibes just a little over 70 days for me!!! :cool1:

Has anyone ever had the cupcakes sold from Roaring Fork?? I am looking for a recipe/picture of them..if anyone has either please PM me or post! I am craving me one so bad I can't hardly stand it plus its for a birthday for someone who vowes to go back to DW for them alone! :rotfl2:

Wilderness Lodge lovers and expert,

I have decided to step out of the box and leave my beloved Epcot area resorts and have booked our room at the WL on the concierge level. Please guide and reassure me that I have not done wrong. I would like to be in a renovated room, have bunkbeds and a view of Wishes. Is that possible, how should I word my requests, and is there something I am overlooking. BTW, our cast consists of my self, DW, and DS(4).

Thanks in advance to all!

I don't know when you are planning on going, but the info seems to indicate that all renovations will be done by the end of August or so.

You will love it there. It is just so, calming.

LisaRN said:
Anyway..you will LOVE it up there. Sitting at the tables, around that railing and looking down upon that lobby, it gives me chills just thinking about it :goodvibes just a little over 70 days for me!!! :cool1:

OOOH me too, I was there a few weeks ago reading my book and doing just that enjoying the views and people watching from the 7th floor. It is so worth it. Other than what Lisa wrote, we had a situation 2 years ago where our new digital camera just wouldnt work when we arrived at the lodge, so they were very nice in retrieving phone numbers for the company and then arranged for us to send our camera fed ex in the mail while awaiting a new camera. They boxed it and everything for us, the new camera was in our room waiting for us the very next day. So along with everything LisaRN said, those special things that may just come up that they are more than willing to help you with, are just so worth it to us. It really is worth the extra $$$$ you really wont be sorry.

tardin1964 said:
ADisneygirl & Beckie,
Please try and take some pictures of the new seating area in Roaring Forks during your trips. I still don't think anyone posted any.
Have a great time :thumbsup2
Tardin1964

As promised here are the new photo's of the seating area at Roaring Fork. They have keep some of the tables just outside the seating area in the hallway.

I'm not sure if there is really any more seating the capacity is 78 plus the 5 tables for 2 in the hall.

Have an update on the refurbishment, just returned from the Lodge today spoke with Mark the manager at Wilderness Lodge as of yesterday floors 6 and 5 are complete 1/2 of the 4th floor is completed. The south wing of the 4th floor should be completed within the next few days.

Mark said the work is going fast they have been able to complete half a floor a week, they will complete the 4th floor and then start on the 2nd floor. Then floors 3 ,1 then the 7th floor last as they are all partial floors they have fewer rooms. They are estimating a week each for these floors.

All work should be completed by on or before August 1, 2006 if they continue on the current schedule. This information was from the manager not a cast member.

Have a few more news facts but will wait until tomorrow. I'm so tired and have to unpack.

Beckie :wave:

346%3C%3A%3C%3A36%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3264%3E46%3A%3E433%3EWSNRCG%3D32338256%3C%3A72%3Bnu0mrj

346%3C%3A%3C%3A36%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3264%3E46%3A%3E433%3EWSNRCG%3D32338256%3C%3A734nu0mrj

346%3C%3A%3C%3A36%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3264%3E46%3A%3E433%3EWSNRCG%3D32338256%3C%3A738nu0mrj

346%3C%3A%3C%3A36%7Ffp33%3A%3Enu%3D3264%3E46%3A%3E433%3EWSNRCG%3D32338256%3C%3A739nu0mrj

346%3C%3A%3C%3A36%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3264%3E46%3A%3E433%3EWSNRCG%3D32338256%3C%3A733nu0mrj

Welcome back Beckie! :wave: Did you get a renovated room? We did last week!

Welcome back! Thank you for posting the pictures. I think the seating looks MUCH nicer than before! :cool1: Only 12 months to go before we're there again! :smooth:

Beckie

Welcome back!!!!

Thank you so much for posting those pictures.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Connor' Dad said:
Wilderness Lodge lovers and expert,

I have decided to step out of the box and leave my beloved Epcot area resorts and have booked our room at the WL on the concierge level. Please guide and reassure me that I have not done wrong. I would like to be in a renovated room, have bunkbeds and a view of Wishes. Is that possible, how should I word my requests, and is there something I am overlooking. BTW, our cast consists of my self, DW, and DS(4).

Thanks in advance to all!
Connor' Dad

In December I had requested a Woods view in the North wing, with bunk beds. When I arrived, I had a Courtyard with bunks. They told me that there is only 1 room in the North Wing, woods view, which has bunks. It wasn't available, so they granted my 2nd request which was a Courtyard with bunks. If you want woods/north wing more than a bunk room (as you only have 1 child, I had 2)..I would suggest you request the woods/north wing/bunk..but request if that is not available, request woods/northwing/2 queens. If bunks is more important, make your 2nd request be the bunks with Courtyard, if your first isn't available :)

Thanks so much Beckie for those photos! :) Every new photo is see since all these renovations..wants me to be there yesterday already!!

Oh..and it's an exciting day today for me guys.. I will be paying off the remainder of my balance on my trip..and now can anxiously await all my official documents!!! :) :goodvibes

You're looking at one happy Jenny..I had booked CBR with free dining I just changed to the AP rate at the WL for 6 nights,COurtyard view for 1248.. I spent 3 nights in a WV in August and I can't wait to go back

I've been lurking for quite a while here on your board and you folks convinced me -- we're gonna try out WL for our upcoming September 5 night stay. In the past, we've always stayed @ the FW cabins (Totally great -- but we were ready for a change).
I paid off our package yesterday and thought I'd enquire what it would cost to upgrade to a deluxe room and guess what?!? There were none available! I'm not married to the idea of a mini-suite -- but thought it might be nice to have a little more room since our party consists of three congenial (mostly :rotfl: ) adults. My plan is now:to bring an inflatable single bed from home. Anybody forsee any issues? Should I keep trying for the deluxe? Should I tie the third member of our party to the monorail track and let nature take its course? :crazy:
Whaddya think?

Hi Everyone,

I'm only about 1/3 of the way through this thread and I'm wowed by all the great info! Thanks everyone.

I'm wondering if some WL experts can help me word our room requests. We currently have two rooms booked for 9/30 - 10/7 (one woods, one courtyard that we hope to downgrade to a woods.)

We'd really like non smoking, upper-level (but not the 6th floor w/the pit balcony!), quiet rooms that are either adjoining or nearby. I don't want to be obnoxious and request a million things, though!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter