The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was somewhat disappointed with the reservation dept today. We are planning to go mid December and want to stay at WL. Are the deluxe rooms the same as junior suites? We have 3 adults going and 2 children. We also considered getting two rooms connecting or 2 room on the concierge level. Are all the balconies on 7th floor solid? where you cannot see out unless you are standing? We love staying concierge at other hotels. Just trying to find the best deal. One more question. Does Disney allow you to book more than one reservation? I have read alot of guests remarks but still have these questions.

every time I see the new pictures, I want to change our ressie to AKL. I can't believe how garish that blue on the furniture looks, not to mention who matched the carpeting & the bedding???? I was sooo looking forward to our first deluxe and now I'm afraid I'm going to hate it!! Don't think I have a chance of getting a non-refurbished room at the end of August. What do I do?!?! :confused3 I am sooo bummed!!!!!!!!!!!!

brauergirls said:
Does Disney allow you to book more than one reservation? I have read alot of guests remarks but still have these questions.

I'm not certain what you mean by the question but I have multiple reservations books right now and plan to use all of them. Are you saying make reservations at different hotels for the same stay and then cancel one down the road? I have no idea if they'd let you do that but I assume they would if you paid the deposit on both.

pooch said:
every time I see the new pictures, I want to change our ressie to AKL. I can't believe how garish that blue on the furniture looks, not to mention who matched the carpeting & the bedding???? I was sooo looking forward to our first deluxe and now I'm afraid I'm going to hate it!! Don't think I have a chance of getting a non-refurbished room at the end of August. What do I do?!?! :confused3 I am sooo bummed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the blue was garish looking too when I first saw a picture of it. The room looks better in person! The headboards and beds are an improvement. The carvings are beautiful on the headboard, and the beds no longer have the legs at the bottom that everyone used to crack their toes on.

We are in room 4020, great room. Sat on the balcony tonight and the hole in the trees gives you a perfect view of WISHES, NICE!!!!

mydogisbo said:
Do you mind telling what room number you have? Bunk beds with MK view near Otter Pond sounds like exactly what I want for our winter vacation!! Thanks!

pooch said:

the pictures must not be doing it justice because they are simply beautiful. What may come accross as blue is really a dark green on the furniture, it all matches quite nicely. We just LOVE it!

Thank you timandlesley! Filing that away for when we make our reservations (soon I hope!!) Glad you got such a great room!

Please forgive my asking a question that's been asked a thousand times, but when are renovations scheduled to be complete for the entire WL resort? I've got a trip planned for Jan. 07, and I'm curious what my odds of getting a renovated room will be. The only criticism I've ever heard of WL is that it needed renovating, so I'm glad to hear that it's happening.

I'm trying to put together a CD of WL background music. Has anyone else done this? Is iTunes the best resource for this? I've used a planning site to find a list of the songs, but I'm a little concerned about its accuracy - anyone know where to find an accurate list?

Also, is the background music for the VWL the same as WL? We were fortunate enough to stay in VWL last October, and I'd like to make sure to catch those selections, too.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I know that everyone on this post has a warm feeling for WL, and I'm sure this is the best place to turn for help. Thanks!

Wow, 40 pages into this and I'm already amazed at the knowledge I've gleaned! I've stayed at WL once before, but back in 2000, when I didn't know about the DIS and had no idea you could make room requests! So I have a couple of questions for all of you "in-the-know:"

1. We've booked concierge and I've requested n/s king bed - anyone have any idea what the chances are of getting this request? My DH and I do not sleep together well in a queen!

2. Are there ceiling fans in all the rooms? I always sleep with a ceiling fan at night, and need to know whether to pack my small desk fan. I know GF and Poly have them, but I can't remember from my last stay if WL does as well.

Thanks, everyone, and I can't wait for my next stay at WL!

timandlesley said:
the pictures must not be doing it justice because they are simply beautiful. What may come accross as blue is really a dark green on the furniture, it all matches quite nicely. We just LOVE it!

Are you saying the the color on the wood around the TV is green? In every photo I've seen it look like a royal blue. If it is green then the color scheme making more sense.

Cupmom said:
Are you saying the the color on the wood around the TV is green? In every photo I've seen it look like a royal blue. If it is green then the color scheme making more sense.

Yes, in our room it is a Hunter Green border around the t.v. and on the tables. VERY nice rooms!

timandlesley said:
Yes, in our room it is a Hunter Green border around the t.v. and on the tables. VERY nice rooms!

Hunter green does make more sense. I'm gonna trust your taste (you are on these boards after all!!) & hope for the best!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

I am lazy and didn't read through all of the pages. :sad2:
Can someone please tell me if I can request a MK view for a 2 bedroom villa?
Thanks!

Could it be possible that they have blue trim in some rooms and hunter green in others? That seems like a lot of trouble but maybe so? It's just hard to believe that what looks blue in the pics is actually green. If it's true that it's green then that's definite improvement. Those comforters though?! Hideous. Blue/brown and well, what IS that color? Aqua blue? Yuck. Just.....yuck. :rolleyes: I will, however, enter my room with a smile on my face...no matter what. I will have FINALLY made it to WDW, afterall! :woohoo:

benjyt said:
I'm trying to put together a CD of WL background music. Has anyone else done this? Is iTunes the best resource for this? I've used a planning site to find a list of the songs, but I'm a little concerned about its accuracy - anyone know where to find an accurate list?

Also, is the background music for the VWL the same as WL? We were fortunate enough to stay in VWL last October, and I'd like to make sure to catch those selections, too.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I know that everyone on this post has a warm feeling for WL, and I'm sure this is the best place to turn for help. Thanks!

My CD includes:

"The Big Country"
"Appalachian Swing"
"Last of the Mohicans"
"The Buffalo Hunt"
"The Open Prairie"
"Top of the World"
"Rodeo - Buckaroo Holiday"
"How the West Was Won" - theme
"Field of Dreams" - theme
"Rodeo"
"Silverado" - theme

I listen to it often..and when I am at Disney I recognize everyone of them in the lobby. I am not sure who the artists are..as someone made this for me and artists aren't listed.

brauergirls said:
I was somewhat disappointed with the reservation dept today. We are planning to go mid December and want to stay at WL. Are the deluxe rooms the same as junior suites? We have 3 adults going and 2 children. We also considered getting two rooms connecting or 2 room on the concierge level. Are all the balconies on 7th floor solid? where you cannot see out unless you are standing? We love staying concierge at other hotels. Just trying to find the best deal. One more question. Does Disney allow you to book more than one reservation? I have read alot of guests remarks but still have these questions.

Yup..the deluxe rooms are the same as Junior Suites. All of the balconies on the 7th floor, concierge, would be of the solid kind.

pooch said:

You will get a refurbished room, as the update should be completed in July. If you are afraid of this..and do not like the photos..then maybe you might want to switch to AKL. While I love the WL..and would encourage anyone to stay there, I think going in with the idea you might not like it, won't make the planning and experience as enjoyable as it can be. You can always go over to the WL for a visit..and see if you might like to try it next time.

CocozMom said:
I am lazy and didn't read through all of the pages. :sad2:
Can someone please tell me if I can request a MK view for a 2 bedroom villa?
Thanks!

The Villas are on the South side of the WL...your view would be blocked by the WL itself. The only rooms that give you a partial MK view are some of the standards..and the woods views on the North side of the Lodge itself.

Like I said, the pictures just don't do it justice I guess. I'm sitting in my room right now after a wonderful day at the parks and the room is beautiful. the color schemes all go together, we love it a lot better than last years room and think the rooms are just gorgeous!!! I am sure you would love it, I just can't imagine how you couldn't ? !?

Lesley

DLBDS said:
Could it be possible that they have blue trim in some rooms and hunter green in others? That seems like a lot of trouble but maybe so? It's just hard to believe that what looks blue in the pics is actually green. If it's true that it's green then that's definite improvement. Those comforters though?! Hideous. Blue/brown and well, what IS that color? Aqua blue? Yuck. Just.....yuck. :rolleyes: I will, however, enter my room with a smile on my face...no matter what. I will have FINALLY made it to WDW, afterall! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter