The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
timandlesley said:
Like I said, the pictures just don't do it justice I guess. I'm sitting in my room right now after a wonderful day at the parks and the room is beautiful. the color schemes all go together, we love it a lot better than last years room and think the rooms are just gorgeous!!! I am sure you would love it, I just can't imagine how you couldn't ? !?

Lesley

:goodvibes I for one cannot wait to go!!! Your reports from there..make me so wish I were there right now! :love:

LisaRN said:
:goodvibes I for one cannot wait to go!!! Your reports from there..make me so wish I were there right now! :love:

I totally agree. I am so anxious for my trip to get here. I think the lodge looks great. Personnally, I would sleep on a dirt floor to stay at the lodge. :rotfl:

timandlesley, glad to see you are having a wonderful time. Have you used Roaring forks? Are you satisfied with the offerings? We will probably grab breakfast there a couple mornings. Keep us posted and enjoy the rest of your trip. This has really been great for you to update us while on your trip.

Hi All,
Just back from WL and don't have time for a big report now (promise one for later thought).
I'm dying of curiosity and just have to ask if the rooms on the MK side of the hotel can hear the boats blowing their horns every 10 minutes?
We had a room on the Villas side on the 6th floor and could not hear the boats and I was very grateful. I had originally requested a woodsview room on the MK side not knowing the boat dock made such a racket.
Our room was quiet. The only thing we heard was people in the hall during the daytime.

Hi All,
Just back from WL and don't have time for a big report now (promise one for later thought).
I'm dying of curiosity and just have to ask if the rooms on the MK side of the hotel can hear the boats blowing their horns every 10 minutes?
We had a room on the Villas side on the 6th floor and could not hear the boats and I was very grateful. I had originally requested a woodsview room on the MK side not knowing the boat dock made such a racket.
Our room was quiet. The only thing we heard was people in the hall during the daytime.

I am so excited about our October trip I can hardly stand the wait! I don't know if these reports are helping or making it worse.

As far as the trim around the new furniture goes, I still think it was blue. In our room it was blue. It looks like the pictures, but somehow it sort of blends in better in person -- not so garish. And the headboards were so nice they were distracting us from noticing the blue on the furniture. Plus the new feel and smell of the room was great to experience!

063_63.jpg

001_1.jpg

002_2.jpg

As for the boat horns, yes we did hear them. They were not too bad though. Maybe because I was used to hearing the Friendship boats over at the BWI. The occasional boat horn was better than the beeping from the delivery trucks that we heard a lot of on our first trip to the Lodge when our balcony was over the back of the service area.

Gladys Kravitz said:
Hi All,

We stayed inner courtyard and heard the horns all the time. We didn't mind though because it makes me "know" I'm at the Wilderness Lodge. ;)

Quinn222 said:
I am so excited about our October trip I can hardly stand the wait! I don't know if these reports are helping or making it worse.

I know how you feel. :goodvibes We are going around the same time you are. We arrive on October 17 (Tuesday). When do you arrive? :moped:

LisaRN said:
You will get a refurbished room, as the update should be completed in July. If you are afraid of this..and do not like the photos..then maybe you might want to switch to AKL. While I love the WL..and would encourage anyone to stay there, I think going in with the idea you might not like it, won't make the planning and experience as enjoyable as it can be. You can always go over to the WL for a visit..and see if you might like to try it next time.

Perhaps not your intention, but I feel like I insulted your mother!! Did I detect a note of attitude here? Our countdown tickers indicate we'll be there at the same time and I don't want to run into your two black belts if you're mad at me!! :rotfl2: Although I have one of my own to defend me!!! Perhaps we can get together and you can show me all the things that make you love the Lodge so much!!

pooch said:
Perhaps not your intention, but I feel like I insulted your mother!! Did I detect a note of attitude here? Our countdown tickers indicate we'll be there at the same time and I don't want to run into your two black belts if you're mad at me!! :rotfl2: Although I have one of my own to defend me!!! Perhaps we can get together and you can show me all the things that make you love the Lodge so much!!

Hey, pooch :wave: !

I can tell you that LisaRN was just trying to help, and not insult, you. It can be difficult to correctly decipher posts sometimes.

Have fun planning your upcoming WDW trip! We will be there at WL 12/11-12/15. . .our second stay there :teeth: !

:wave2:

aesalsa said:
Hey, pooch :wave: !

I can tell you that LisaRN was just trying to help, and not insult, you. It can be difficult to correctly decipher posts sometimes.

Have fun planning your upcoming WDW trip! We will be there at WL 12/11-12/15. . .our second stay there :teeth: !

:wave2:

and, judging from how often she's been there, I think she'd be the perfect person to get me over my room fears. Just lucked out that we'll be there the same time so she can show me the error of my ways!!! Come on LisaRN!!! :wave: Be my resort buddy!!! :wave2:

:wizard: We will be at WL very soon. Thank you for all the refurbished room pictures. We hope to get a bunkbed non-smoking refurbished room. We reserved a courtyard room.

We are thankful Alberto has moved out to sea. I hope Beryl never arises from the ocean.

I am going to watch :happytv:
Great Hotels - "Disney's Wilderness Lodge"
Towering pines, babbling brooks, geysers, totem poles and stone fireplaces—all the trappings of the Northwest can be found at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Samantha goes on a quest to spot Fire Rock Geyser before boarding the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Friday June 16, 2006 from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM EST - Travel Channel

We are so happy to be going back to WDW and to try a resort which has received such wonderful reviews :cloud9:

May pixiedust: sprinkle upon everyone and have a magical day :wizard:

I would like to get to MK by 7:45am or so. 1st week Dec am EMH opens at 8:00am. When should I get to the bus stop? Will there be a crowd or wait?

Thanks!

for early ADR's at the parks - go to the bus stop around 7 am - tell the bus CM where you are going, then proceed

pooh2001 said:
I am going to watch :happytv:
Great Hotels - "Disney's Wilderness Lodge"
Towering pines, babbling brooks, geysers, totem poles and stone fireplaces—all the trappings of the Northwest can be found at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Samantha goes on a quest to spot Fire Rock Geyser before boarding the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Friday June 16, 2006 from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM EST - Travel Channel

May pixiedust: sprinkle upon everyone and have a magical day :wizard:

Ohh..thank you so much for that reminder!! :goodvibes and remember..on Sunday.. History Channel has WDW on it's "Modern Marvels" :thumbsup2 If you haven't seen it yet..it's great.. 2 hours long! :woohoo:

Hi,

Does anyone know what the depth is of the Kiddie Pool at WL? We're going at the end of September and are debating staying at either the Polynesian or WL. One goal is for DD (who will be almost 3) to be able to enjoy the pool without us holding her the whole time like we did last year at the CR. The zero-entry pool at the Polynesian is appealing, but the Kiddie Pool at WL could be an alternative.

Thanks,
Jeannette

2006 - Poly or WL??
2005 - CR-Tower
2003 - POR

JDavis98 said:
Hi,

Does anyone know what the depth is of the Kiddie Pool at WL? We're going at the end of September and are debating staying at either the Polynesian or WL. One goal is for DD (who will be almost 3) to be able to enjoy the pool without us holding her the whole time like we did last year at the CR. The zero-entry pool at the Polynesian is appealing, but the Kiddie Pool at WL could be an alternative.

Thanks,
Jeannette

2006 - Poly or WL??
2005 - CR-Tower
2003 - POR

Oh it is very shallow.. I'm thinking *maybe* a foot deep..but my girls haven't used it in years..so I can't be positive. I know you wouldn't have to hold onto your 3 year old in there. Maybe someone who has some recent experience could tell you exactly how deep it is...but it's quite shallow. And for the main pool, remember the WL has free life vests for children to use in the main pool..that way you could let her float along while standing next to her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!