The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on being able to order/purchase magic bands? I have a girl that really wants a pink one.

I linked my Tickets and my dining reservations weeks ago. Friday night I linked my Dolphin reservation which states 3 people in the room. Saturday morning I tried to book fast passes. It said only 2 people of the 3 were eligible. I called Disney, 45 minutes later they said they called the Dolphin and it was all straightened out but it could take up to 24 hours to show up on my account. It is now 33 hours later and still no change. I guess this is one glitch which they will have to fix.:(

I had the same issue but with one person on the reservation and two people actually staying there. They updated my reservation to two people on Friday but it wasn't until today (Sunday) when I saw it show up correctly in the app. Now I was able to successfully link up DD to FP+ and copy my selections. You may want to check again! Good luck!

I had the same issue but with one person on the reservation and two people actually staying there. They updated my reservation to two people on Friday but it wasn't until today (Sunday) when I saw it show up correctly in the app. Now I was able to successfully link up DD to FP+ and copy my selections. You may want to check again! Good luck!

Interesting . . . I have a question for you. When you say "they updated my reservation to two people" - do you mean that the Dolphin updated it? or a Disney agent spoke with Dolphin to update it? I did have the Swan update my reservation from one person to three on Saturday, but when I linked my Swan reservation to MDE, it still showed up as just one adult on the reservation. So that's what makes me think this is causing the problem on being allowed to get FP only for myself and not my other two family members (hope that makes sense).
Anyway, so I 'm wondering if I need to call the Swan again or if I need to call Disney again to see why it's showing only one person instead of three.

Any advice for how to buy magic bands as an offsite guest? I tried this morning on MDE and could not figure out where to click to purchase magic bands. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Any advice for how to buy magic bands as an offsite guest? I tried this morning on MDE and could not figure out where to click to purchase magic bands. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I had the same question. I did see this on MDE:

"If you purchase a MagicBand at Disney theme parks or Downtown Disney area, a Cast Member will help you set it up. If you have a Disney Resort reservation, you need to link your reservation to your account in order to see your MagicBands."

I'm wondering if we will have to make those purchases in person. My two girls are just itchin' to get their crafty fingers on those MagicBands so I hope we can buy them online soon.

Interesting . . . I have a question for you. When you say "they updated my reservation to two people" - do you mean that the Dolphin updated it? or a Disney agent spoke with Dolphin to update it? I did have the Swan update my reservation from one person to three on Saturday, but when I linked my Swan reservation to MDE, it still showed up as just one adult on the reservation. So that's what makes me think this is causing the problem on being allowed to get FP only for myself and not my other two family members (hope that makes sense).
Anyway, so I 'm wondering if I need to call the Swan again or if I need to call Disney again to see why it's showing only one person instead of three.

The dolphin updated it but it took close to 48 hours to show up on MDE. Good luck! Hope your amended reservation shows up soon too!

I would be interested in the process. I have APs for my husband and I, but we have a daughter and her intended traveling with us and they have UC tickets. :thumbsup2

Sure thing. Our UCT tickets were purchased as non-exp 10 day back in 2010. When I tried to link them in MDE I followed through the website instructions and ended up at a dead end that prompted me to visit any guest services window to link the tickets.

Instead of waiting until I get down onsite I called the 407 number. The agent quizzed me about the codes on the back of my plastic ticket. I will describe them here (dates and numbers changed for example only):

Top of card:
01/12/2010 WDW:CAS001 1234 BNDL: 9876-54321

Middle of card:
Magic Your Way Ticket Ages 10+

6 digit code in Bottom Right corner of card:

The agent put together my 'ticket number' as follows:
WDW+001(last 3 digits from the CAS001 code) + date (01122010) + 4 digit number (1234) Result: WDW001012101234. She also needed something she called a 'security code'. Something that began with a 'J'. I had nothing like that so she came up with it on her own. I am reluctant to post any security code on this board. It was a 5 character code that began with J followed by two letters and then two numbers.

Hope this helps.

So I was told to wait 24 hours and see if the glitch clears up, because as of right now, internet help desk doesn't know why it says my family members are not eligible for FP+. I will check back with them tomorrow to see if there's any news on the problem.

Update on my situation with Swan reservation and efforts to get FP for all 3 of us (instead of just mine being the only one showing eligible for FP -
So I checked MDE again this morning, and now it says all 3 of us are eligible for FP! So I was able to do the step where you "copy" your existing FP (in this case, my FP reservatiaon) to other family members. Then I checked to make sure that all of us have FPs for each day, and it all seems to be there.
But note - even though I asked Swan yesterday to change my reservation from one person to three (and it's been less than 24 hours), my Swan reservation still shows up in MDE as a reservation for just one person. So who knows if the number of people on the Swan/Dolphin reservation really makes a difference??
Anyway, I don't know if Disney actually fixed the glitch, or waiting several hours is what did it - but just thought I would share my experience in case it helps anyone!

Sure thing. Our UCT tickets were purchased as non-exp 10 day back in 2010. When I tried to link them in MDE I followed through the website instructions and ended up at a dead end that prompted me to visit any guest services window to link the tickets.

Instead of waiting until I get down onsite I called the 407 number. The agent quizzed me about the codes on the back of my plastic ticket. I will describe them here (dates and numbers changed for example only):

Top of card:
01/12/2010 WDW:CAS001 1234 BNDL: 9876-54321

Middle of card:
Magic Your Way Ticket Ages 10+

6 digit code in Bottom Right corner of card:

The agent put together my 'ticket number' as follows:
WDW+001(last 3 digits from the CAS001 code) + date (01122010) + 4 digit number (1234) Result: WDW001012101234. She also needed something she called a 'security code'. Something that began with a 'J'. I had nothing like that so she came up with it on her own. I am reluctant to post any security code on this board. It was a 5 character code that began with J followed by two letters and then two numbers.

Hope this helps.

I had also bought same type of UCT tickets in 2010 as you did - funny! And I had the same problem trying to find the correct numbers to link to MDE. But I then saw a note in MDE saying that you can scan the ticket with the MDE app on your phone, instead of typing in the numbers. So I tried that, and it worked perfectly!

Hope that helps those who are able to scan the tickets with MDE app on phone.

From Disney's Website:

"If you are not staying at a Disney Resort hotel and are not a Passholder, you will receive a card when you purchase park admission—and you have the option to purchase a MagicBand at Disney theme parks and Downtown Disney area."

My husband had to update our reservation and the Swan employee told him that Swan and Dolphin guests would be getting a 60 day window to make FP selections.

I seem to recall renting floats and other pool toys while at the Swan a few years ago. Anyone done that recently and can tell me an approximate price? I remember it was sort of expensive, but we didn't have any room to bring our own since we flew. Are there any restrictions on what you bring if you bring your own?

Our first time staying at the Swan or Dolphin will be this Oct when my husband has a conference. Does anyone know if we can use the magical express? And if no, could you suggest a good way to get to the hotel other than renting a car? We will be arriving at MCO after 11pm at night. :(

Our first time staying at the Swan or Dolphin will be this Oct when my husband has a conference. Does anyone know if we can use the magical express? And if no, could you suggest a good way to get to the hotel other than renting a car? We will be arriving at MCO after 11pm at night. :(

No magical express, sorry. Try Mears transportation.

You can get the swan/ dolphin concierge to arrange transportation for you through Mears.

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

It's really posh. The driver waits for you at baggage pick up with a sign with your name on it. He helps you with your bags. We got a really nice Cadillac SUV. The driver took us to the grocery store and waited while we got bottled water and snacks etc.

I'm please to confirm I was able to make FP+ reservations for my entire length of stay at the Dolphin from May 31-June 6!

Swan and Dolphin guests now have the same exact FP+ priority as other onsite guests!!!:yay:

Great timing, Disney Powers That Be!! :worship:

You can get the swan/ dolphin concierge to arrange transportation for you through Mears.

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

It's really posh. The driver waits for you at baggage pick up with a sign with your name on it. He helps you with your bags. We got a really nice Cadillac SUV. The driver took us to the grocery store and waited while we got bottled water and snacks etc.
Do you recall the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter