The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my comments in red:

Hi,
I am new to the Swan and Dolphin. First time this Oct! I've already learned no Magical Express. Disappointing, but we can live with it. I've only used the wristbands/my Disney Experience once before and I'm not quite sure about it.

1. Will I be using my same wristbands from last time or do they send me new ones?

You will not get new wristbands by staying at the Swan or Dolphin, but your old ones will continue to be linked and should be functional for your next visit.

2. I have to register the tickets that I bought first, right?

You can register any tickets in any order.

3. How many days in advance can I pick fastpasses?

Your whole stay will open up for FP+ reservations 60 days prior to check-in i.e. 60+10

4. My husband will be at a conference there. If we buy him one day after 4pm conference tickets, then can we pick his fastpasses at the same time as ours or is it different because he has a one day pass?

You will no be able to pick his FP's until he picks them up that day.

5. Are people still having difficulty getting their Swan or Dolphin reservation attached to their My Disney Experience? Mine won't link. I'm going to call as soon as I'm done typing this.

It should be a 9 digit number. I didn't have any issues but others have. Agree with calling.

6. How far in advance can I make ADRs? Usually we don't make ADRs, we just eat wherever, but this time we are more pressed for time since my husband is working part of the time.

ADR's for the Swan and Dolphin function just like offsite guests, i.e. you can make ADR's 180 days prior to the date you are interested in. Onsite guests are able to book ADR's for their entire stay 180 days prior to check-in for up to 10 days (hence, 180+10)

7. What does 180+10 mean?

See above. If you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin, you could make ADR's for October 5th today, but you would have to wait until tomorrow to make them for October 6th, and so on. If you were staying at the Beach Club starting on October 5th, you could make dining reservations for every day of your trip today up until October 15 (the +10)

Thank you so much!
We are looking forward to trying out this new hotel.

Good morning from the Dolphin! :wave2:

I got here yesterday morning. Had to wait several hours for my room, but I am very happy! I have a room with a king, sofa, a window and 2 balconies! :goodvibes (although they do need to wash the window!)

I was expecting 70s and 80s for my stay and couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble dealing with the heat, until I watched the news last night. It hit 91 here!

Today will be stormy, but the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and temps in the 70s and 80s! ;)
Have a great trip, Laura. We should be there in 18 days. :cool1:

And I agree with ckelly's thoughts above/

Why, yes we will be there in October! We arrive in the evening 9/25 and depart in the afternoon on 10/3. :rotfl:

What a shame, we don't arrive until 10/22. And there I was thinking I wouldn't have to bring my own beers to the pool ;)

5. Are people still having difficulty getting their Swan or Dolphin reservation attached to their My Disney Experience? Mine won't link. I'm going to call as soon as I'm done typing this.

It took me 48 hours to get mine to link after I got my 9-digit number from the hotel.

Hi,
Thank you ckelly! I appreciate the help. We made our reservations over a week ago. I don't seem to have a 9 digit number, so perhaps that is the problem. I wasn't able to call before work so I will definitely be calling this evening to get that straightened out.

Why, yes we will be there in October! We arrive in the evening 9/25 and depart in the afternoon on 10/3. :rotfl:

We ought to be able to get together again! Laura and i are there from the 25th-29th! (She might come in a few days earlier too.)

I have a question..... If I'm doing a split stay, 1st at Dolphin, then at a Disney resort, do they provide luggage services for this? ( kind of doubt it, but wondering) As in I can drop them at bell services, get them later at our other resort on property....thanks! I love this thread!:cool1:

I have a question..... If I'm doing a split stay, 1st at Dolphin, then at a Disney resort, do they provide luggage services for this? ( kind of doubt it, but wondering) As in I can drop them at bell services, get them later at our other resort on property....thanks! I love this thread!:cool1:
Yes. I have never used it but have read here many times of others doing that.

this is so helpful.... I was thinking of switching for a day or two, but couldn't figure out the 'getting bags from one to the other' part of it...
Has anyone ever used the pantry service? it seems like a more economical way to get some milk for our coffee and cereal in the room than than the gift shop

this is so helpful.... I was thinking of switching for a day or two, but couldn't figure out the 'getting bags from one to the other' part of it...
Has anyone ever used the pantry service? it seems like a more economical way to get some milk for our coffee and cereal in the room than than the gift shop

We used it for beer :)

I have a ticket question. So, I have attached my Swan reservation on the MDE website successfully. I will need to buy tickets...should I do that right on the website? Will they automatically attach them to my reservation and then I get them when I arrive, or will they send me the tickets in the mail? And the Swan is still prebooking 60 days out right, just like onsite?

I have a ticket question. So, I have attached my Swan reservation on the MDE website successfully. I will need to buy tickets...should I do that right on the website? Will they automatically attach them to my reservation and then I get them when I arrive, or will they send me the tickets in the mail? And the Swan is still prebooking 60 days out right, just like onsite?

I purchased tickets from Disney off the website, and I believe I had to wait until they arrived to enter the ticket numbers and link them. I'm pretty sure they weren't in MDE automatically, and there were no ticket numbers on the email confirmation I received. The tickets came in the mail 10 days later.

Yes, as of 2 weeks ago they are booking exactly like on site Disney resorts...

I'm still so confused by the technical aspects of linking to MDE. I tried to link my reservation number to my MDE account and it didn't work. I talked to Disney. They told me my reservation number wasn't the right format, and I needed to call the Dolphin to get new ones. I call the Dolphin, and they told me the Disney rep was wrong, I had to use the original reservation number. But the Dolphin person said I also wouldn't be allowed to even start creating my MDE account until I had tickets in hand. Now I know that is false. I plan to get my tickets in advance, but I just wanted to start setting up the account with the hotel reservation at least. Has anyone else had such a problem? The ONLY thing I can think might be hindering me is that my father initiated the reservation. So both my and my parents' hotel rooms are his first and last name.

I'm still so confused by the technical aspects of linking to MDE. I tried to link my reservation number to my MDE account and it didn't work. I talked to Disney. They told me my reservation number wasn't the right format, and I needed to call the Dolphin to get new ones. I call the Dolphin, and they told me the Disney rep was wrong, I had to use the original reservation number. But the Dolphin person said I also wouldn't be allowed to even start creating my MDE account until I had tickets in hand. Now I know that is false. I plan to get my tickets in advance, but I just wanted to start setting up the account with the hotel reservation at least. Has anyone else had such a problem? The ONLY thing I can think might be hindering me is that my father initiated the reservation. So both my and my parents' hotel rooms are his first and last name.

I used my original Swan reservation number that I received when we made the reservation before you could link it. It is a 9 digit number. Are you sure your number is correct and that you are entering it correctly?

Also, be sure that your name is on the reservation. I did have some problem linking because the names weren't exactly alike. One time my husband made the reservation and the children and I arrived several hours ahead of him due to his work schedule. The hotel would not let me check in because my name was not on the reservation, only 2 adults and 2 children. He had to call and add my name to the reservation.

Good luck!

I used my original Swan reservation number that I received when we made the reservation before you could link it. It is a 9 digit number. Are you sure your number is correct and that you are entering it correctly?

Also, be sure that your name is on the reservation. I did have some problem linking because the names weren't exactly alike. One time my husband made the reservation and the children and I arrived several hours ahead of him due to his work schedule. The hotel would not let me check in because my name was not on the reservation, only 2 adults and 2 children. He had to call and add my name to the reservation.

Good luck!

Thanks SA_mom. I know I had the correct 9 digit number and even confirmed them with the Dolphin rep on the phone. It must be due to the names. I'll have to get that fixed and see if it corrects the problem. Thanks for your help!

Hi All. I am an old Swolphin fan from way back. Me and my Mom used to go every year for many years. The last time I was there was 2000. We always loved it.

I'm heading back down in Oct with my DH and we are booked at the Yacht Club GV right now. I strolled over to this thread and now I'm thinking...should I switch to Dolphin/Swan????? :surfweb:

I won't pay the current RR I have for the YC but if I can get the 35% RO discount with the room I want, then I'd stay at YC. I'm not a fan of the Dining Plan so FD really isn't a draw for me and we are taking a town car from the airport anyway....

So I was wondering is there a better rate than the $232 (or so) per night for a resort view room that I am seeing? I do like a nice view and prefer a balcony..any suggestions? I would even consider joing AAA if the discount rate is worth it. :confused:

Help!!!:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter