The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Dolphin stay isn't until Labor Day weekend (thoughts on crowds?), so I know we have plenty of time before the 60 day window, but I have a questions. When I check my app, the dates are only blue for the next 30 days ( until end of April) although my Dolphin res is linked. Any idea why?

Anyone on MDE can now make FP+ selections for the next 30 days. When you get to your 60 days, then the additional 30 will open up too.

More questions for the Dolphin pros, headed there in under a month!!!

Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts.

Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own?

What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day.

More questions for the Dolphin pros, headed there in under a month!!! Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts. Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own? What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day. Thanks :) :banana:

There is a menu in each room offering delivery pizza. Picabu also has pizza but you order it there and carry it out or eat in the dining room.

The bus to MK takes about 30 minutes. It stops at Swan then Dolphin then MK. On the way back it stops at beach club first then swan then dolphin.

I don't know about coolers.

Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts.

Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own?

What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day.

The Dolphin does serve pizza on their room service menu:

12" Pizza - fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, sweet basil.

Additional toppings: cheddar, fontina, pepperoni, sausage, grilled chicken, bacon, ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, tomato , jalapeno, pineapple.

One topping: Add $1.00
Three toppings: Add $2.50 $14.00

Also, their counter service restaurant, Picabu, is open 24 hours and serves pizza as well. You can get it there or you can get it to go and bring it back to your room.

Not 100% sure on the pool thing. I know we've always kept a cooler in our room stocked with water and other adult beverages, but I've never tried to bring it down to the pool.

It does share a bus route with Swan, Boardwalk, and Yacht/Beach. I can't recall the exact route. It's towards the beginning going one way and at the end going the other.

I have a question, if anybody happens to know the answer. I have a split stay coming up, in October. 5 nights at Swan and then 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas. Will I be able to book all 10 days worth of FP+ at 60 days prior to my Swan check-in, do you think, or will I have to wait until 5 days later to make my FP+ reservations for my Boardwalk Villas stay :confused3

Regarding the bus, I have been there when the Swan had a bus by itself (only a few trips and not recently), the Swan and Dolphin only (most often), both of those plus the BW (second most often) and those three plus the Y&BC (least often).

I have a question, if anybody happens to know the answer. I have a split stay coming up, in October. 5 nights at Swan and then 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas. Will I be able to book all 10 days worth of FP+ at 60 days prior to my Swan check-in, do you think, or will I have to wait until 5 days later to make my FP+ reservations for my Boardwalk Villas stay :confused3

I think you should be able to make all 10 days of FP+ reservations 60 days prior to your Swan check in day. We had a BC stay of 1 day prior to 6 days at the Dolphin and I was able to book all days 60 days prior to my BC check-in.

I think you should be able to make all 10 days of FP+ reservations 60 days prior to your Swan check in day. We had a BC stay of 1 day prior to 6 days at the Dolphin and I was able to book all days 60 days prior to my BC check-in.

Thank you, I hope so :)

I can answer the bolded with certainty--no restrictions--we ALWAYS bring our own soft sided cooler with adult beverages and it has never been a problem. The only problem we have is we never bring enough! :rotfl2: My husband likes to share with others. :thumbsup2

I can answer the bolded with certainty--no restrictions--we ALWAYS bring our own soft sided cooler with adult beverages and it has never been a problem. The only problem we have is we never bring enough! :rotfl2: My husband likes to share with others. :thumbsup2

And I, along with many others, can attest to the bolded with certainty!!!! :rotfl:

Hopefully looking at our first Dolphin stay in September. Have had a good look round on a previous trip, pools, beach area and dining look great.

It's just the perfect location, with the other hotels and EPCOT closeby.

And I, along with many others, can attest to the bolded with certainty!!!! :rotfl:

Thanks so much for the replies! We didn't do this last time and bought the buckets of beers the whole week. It adds up FAST at $25 a bucket! I was hoping I could bring my own this time, good news!!!

Thanks!

Sounds great. Any chance you're there in October Tess ;) :rotfl:

The Dolphin does serve pizza on their room service menu:

12" Pizza - fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, sweet basil.

Additional toppings: cheddar, fontina, pepperoni, sausage, grilled chicken, bacon, ham, mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, tomato , jalapeno, pineapple.

One topping: Add $1.00
Three toppings: Add $2.50 $14.00

Also, their counter service restaurant, Picabu, is open 24 hours and serves pizza as well. You can get it there or you can get it to go and bring it back to your room.

Not 100% sure on the pool thing. I know we've always kept a cooler in our room stocked with water and other adult beverages, but I've never tried to bring it down to the pool.

It does share a bus route with Swan, Boardwalk, and Yacht/Beach. I can't recall the exact route. It's towards the beginning going one way and at the end going the other.

Thank you, very helpful information. I was wondering if walking to Boardwalk pizza was our closest option, but definitely going one of these routes for a "cheaper" dinner night!!! :)

More questions for the Dolphin pros, headed there in under a month!!! Does the Dolphin have room delivery pizza options? I know that you can order pizza and have delivered at the other Disney resorts. Also, any restrictions on coolers/drinks at the pool? We are planning on bringing soft-sided cooler and plastic/aluminum cans to the pool. Are we going to get in trouble if we don't buy drinks from the pool bar and bring our own? What is the bus route like to MK? I think Dolphin shares a bus with Swan/Beach club/Boardwalk. How long does it take to get to MK and return trip? We are debated on driving vs. buses for our MK day. Thanks :) :banana:
We've brought waters and canned drinks in our soft cooler several times, plus an insulated jug of tea, with no issues. But the Cabana Bar gives free soda refills (even if you eat over by the big pool) in case you decide to get them there. I've walked to Boardwalk Bakery for sandwiches, and taken our own drinks, to eat by the Dolphin pool a few times now. Love it!

Good morning from the Dolphin! :wave2:

I got here yesterday morning. Had to wait several hours for my room, but I am very happy! I have a room with a king, sofa, a window and 2 balconies! :goodvibes (although they do need to wash the window!)

I was expecting 70s and 80s for my stay and couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble dealing with the heat, until I watched the news last night. It hit 91 here!

Today will be stormy, but the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and temps in the 70s and 80s! ;)

Hi,
I am new to the Swan and Dolphin. First time this Oct! I've already learned no Magical Express. Disappointing, but we can live with it. I've only used the wristbands/my Disney Experience once before and I'm not quite sure about it.

1. Will I be using my same wristbands from last time or do they send me new ones?
2. I have to register the tickets that I bought first, right?
3. How many days in advance can I pick fastpasses?
4. My husband will be at a conference there. If we buy him one day after 4pm conference tickets, then can we pick his fastpasses at the same time as ours or is it different because he has a one day pass?
5. Are people still having difficulty getting their Swan or Dolphin reservation attached to their My Disney Experience? Mine won't link. I'm going to call as soon as I'm done typing this.
6. How far in advance can I make ADRs? Usually we don't make ADRs, we just eat wherever, but this time we are more pressed for time since my husband is working part of the time.
7. What does 180+10 mean?

Thank you so much!
We are looking forward to trying out this new hotel.

Hi all!
Just booked a quick trip (may8-12) at the Dolphin. I visited WDW in January so I have a MB, but my husband does not. Does he need one? I loved the MB for the convenience of not having to pull out tickets at the turnstiles. Will be buying tix from UT and will add to MDE so hopefully we can add a few FP+.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!