The new DVC Riviera Resort??

Boy they sure are leaning toward the modern-looking lately, between this and CCV. I'd been hoping this would be more of a classical European theme.

At least CCV has a highly themed lobby and exterior to balance the more plain rooms. This is just generic all around.

I might be crazy, but if those little 2 person rooms rent for something like 5 to 9 points a night, I could see picking up a small contract for our adults only trips. They might turn into the next AKV Value studio though, almost impossible to book. I expect the normal studios to be a little more expensive point wise since they sleep 5. (assuming point values don't drastically change compared to DVC1)

It is very European. In the sense that the rooms are smaller. Standards around here for hotel rooms are much different than the US.

Tower studios look VERY cramped. Looking at the dvcnews floorplan for the studio it seems chairs and tables are in a sort of closet?
If the point cost is right I would book it, but it certainly doesn't scream "luxury vacation" to me.

I might be crazy, but if those little 2 person rooms rent for something like 5 to 9 points a night, I could see picking up a small contract for our adults only trips. They might turn into the next AKV Value studio though, almost impossible to book. I expect the normal studios to be a little more expensive point wise since they sleep 5. (assuming point values don't drastically change compared to DVC1)

If I had to guess I would say they will be slightly more than AKV Value...something like 10-14 pts. And even though a lot of people seem to not be fans, they will be booked extremely quickly.

Hmm, I wouldn't be interested at those point levels. They'll be popular if they're cheap though.

An interesting thing to note is I think the model rooms might actually be done. As the Tower Studio and Grand Villa photos say they are artistic renderings but the Deluxe Studio and 1/2 Bedroom do not state this. They actually state it is a model room. I wonder when they will begin touring them.

I'm thinking points will be around the level of BLT for the larger rooms but we'll see.

On property currently. The DVC booth CMs still claim to have no knowledge of when Riviera information will become available. But are you interested in Aulani or Copper Creek? They're BEEEAUTIFUL, unique resorts!!

I'm not sure if the floor plans they uploaded are to scale but I measured them using some software I have for fun (I work in real estate development :teeth:)

I used the mattress as a reference point (80") and got to 833 square feet for the two bedroom, small but plausible.

vsgal2.jpg

Then I measured the one bedroom and came out to 446 sf. Seems really small, but would imply the studio side of a lockoff is 387 square feet which isn't crazy.

okn8yg.jpg

Once they file the offering plan there will be more detailed drawings to measure.

The two-person studios are certainly interesting, but wow, those rooms are generic. Generic rooms, generic timeshare strategies... :rolleyes2

I'm not sure if the floor plans they uploaded are to scale but I measured them using some software I have for fun (I work in real estate development :teeth:)

I used the mattress as a reference point (80") and got to 833 square feet for the two bedroom, small but plausible.

vsgal2.jpg

Then I measured the one bedroom and came out to 446 sf. Seems really small, but would imply the studio side of a lockoff is 387 square feet which isn't crazy.

okn8yg.jpg

Once they file the offering plan there will be more detailed drawings to measure.

That’s really small IMO.

Other than lacking a tray ceiling these rooms don't look a whole lot different than GFV.

I said the same thing on another board and people thought I was crazy. I own at VGF, so I’m not commenting on whether or not I like it. I just thought it looked very similar. The kitchens look like CCV with the layout (which I don’t like), but the color palette and tile work reminds me of VGF.

That’s really small IMO.

I said the same thing on another board and people thought I was crazy. I own at VGF, so I’m not commenting on whether or not I like it. I just thought it looked very similar. The kitchens look like CCV with the layout (which I don’t like), but the color palette and tile work reminds me of VGF.

Oh I agree - I also thought VGF immediately.

I just cannot see Disney doing that - the points are going to be higher here than AKV levels. I think it'll be back up around VGF levels so put those a few below the studios there.

An interesting thing to note is I think the model rooms might actually be done. As the Tower Studio and Grand Villa photos say they are artistic renderings but the Deluxe Studio and 1/2 Bedroom do not state this. They actually state it is a model room. I wonder when they will begin touring them.

I've read the models have been done for awhile at SSR. Just waiting.

I travel several times a year for work and regularly stay at IHG and Marriott properties. In greater metropolitan areas, such as New York City, some Marriott brands offer a room comparable to the Tower Studio. For a 2 or 3 day business conference, these rooms are okay for one person. However, I could not imagine a 10 day stay in this villa type during a trip to the Walt Disney World resort.

I am sure guides will market Tower Studios as an entry to DVC and Deluxe Villas, but the experience will be far from luxurious.

Last edited:

You aren't crazy. There are definitely some similarities. I own at VGF and saw them right away too, for the same reasons you said.

That said, between the small rooms, Westin/Hyatt looks (actually not a huge detraction for us), and resale restrictions make Riviera is a pass for us. We weren't particularly excited for it anyways to be honest, we're happy with VGF and AKL at WDW.

I am curious at the point requirements for the tower studios; Unless they are really low, I'd rather stay at AKL in a value or standard room and just take a bus to Epcot.

I am curious what the sq. footage is and point requirement. I definitely want to book a stay here.

Would I have liked a little more "Disney" in the design? Sure. But I own at VGF, and the Riviera does appeal to my tastes. And I love the idea of a wine bar. I have never stayed at a Four Seasons, but it seems that it might have that same kind of vibe. I would only consider staying in a Tower Studio with my husband if it was for a very short trip. If the one bedrooms would have had two bathrooms, I would have been completely sold. But I am excited to check it out with a room tour (hopefully) this summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter