The new DVC Riviera Resort??

As a family of 5, I'm glad to see a studio and 1 bedroom can fit 5 people. Too bad I won't be even considering buying 50 points direct any longer due to DVDs new resale rules at Riviera.

Hopefully the point charts come out soon, and we can see if it is worth buying????? We are also a family of 5, but I would be very leery after the 2020 Point Chart reallocation of buying for studios or
1 bedrooms, since this resort has lock-off 2 bedroom units. The only real way to protect yourself for the "lock-off premium" is to buy a fixed week.

Or........ you could wait till the resale value tanks and buy up 500 points and stay in the 3 bedroom villas. :joker:

Are there situations today (with the Classic 14) where the 2BR Lock-off sleeps more than the 2BR Dedicated?

Are there situations today (with the Classic 14) where the 2BR Lock-off sleeps more than the 2BR Dedicated?

The lock-off units are counted as 2 bedroom units for point reallocation by DVC, thus they can increase the points of studios and 1 bedrooms, but technically are not raising the total points for the resort.

The lock-off units are counted as 2 bedroom units for point reallocation by DVC, thus they can increase the points of studios and 1 bedrooms, but technically are not raising the total points for the resort.

Understood. My question was more about sleeping capacity. For Riviera the 2BR LO sleep 10, while the 2BR Dedicated units sleep 9. I was wondering if this scenario already exists at other resorts - meaning where the LO and Dedicated do not sleep the same number.

Last edited:
Understood. My question was more about sleeping capacity. For Riviera the 2BR LO sleep 10, while the 2BR Dedicated units sleep 9. I was wondering if this scenario already exists at other resorts.
VGF I believe is 9 in a dedicated and 10 in a LO.

These are the prices per night I see when looking at mid December:

Tower Studio $561.00
Deluxe Studio Standard View $781.00
Deluxe Studio Preferred View $892.00
1 Bed Stand. View $1151.00
1 Bed Preferred View $1338
2 Bed Stand. View $1749
2 Bed Pref. View $2008
Grand Villa $3695.

These are the prices per night I see when looking at mid December:

Tower Studio $561.00
Deluxe Studio Standard View $781.00
Deluxe Studio Preferred View $892.00
1 Bed Stand. View $1151.00
1 Bed Preferred View $1338
2 Bed Stand. View $1749
2 Bed Pref. View $2008
Grand Villa $3695.
The rates I received were slightly lower, but I picked a 3 night stay during the week (T, W, Th)

Wow, I am actually surprise how basic they are. I thought I would be tempted when the info came out, but just the opposite. Pretty plain. Not even interested in staying there much less buying. I thought it was supposed to be "European"? Guess the Riviera team hasn't been to Europe. Not even as appealing as those new updated base level Marriotts that sleep 5-6 and go for between $100-$250 a night. What is disney doing? No Disney anywhere. I think they forgot why people come to Disney World. Now I am really convinced they have no decent management. Who would sign off on this?

Wow, I am actually surprise how basic they are. I thought I would be tempted when the info came out, but just the opposite. Pretty plain. Not even interested in staying there much less buying. I thought it was supposed to be "European"? Guess the Riviera team hasn't been to Europe. Not even as appealing as those new updated base level Marriotts that sleep 5-6 and go for between $100-$250 a night. What is disney doing? No Disney anywhere. I think they forgot why people come to Disney World. Now I am really convinced they have no decent management. Who would sign off on this?

I have similar thoughts. It's the CCV layout - which was done because of the small hotel rooms. I haven't noted what the size of these rooms are but I'm guessing it's similar. And I haven't been to the Riviera but it if it's European it's a new European hotel - not old.

This obviously is not geared towards kids with the theme and the micro suites.

I would rather have another CCV add-on with resale benefits, theme and lower cost per point (assuming).

This hotel will have the availability of BLT with its size. I can’t see a reason to buy it honestly when you most likely will be able to book at 7 months...

The biggest advantage it has is that at some point it will be the only resort being sold and the micro studios with assumably low points.

Maybe disney realizes this and made those direct changes on the eve of selling it to increase its attractiveness especially with some unrest in the economy

This obviously is not geared towards kids with the theme and the micro suites.

I would rather have another CCV add-on with resale benefits, theme and lower cost per point (assuming).

This hotel will have the availability of BLT with its size. I can’t see a reason to buy it honestly when you most likely will be able to book at 7 months...

The biggest advantage it has is that at some point it will be the only resort being sold and the micro studios with assumably low points.

Maybe disney realizes this and made those direct changes on the eve of selling it to increase its attractiveness especially with some unrest in the economy

That's the big questions - will they be low points? The cash prices are not low and the new Disney does not seem inclined to offer economical. CCV is only what it is because of BRV's existence IMO. We'll should be seeing relatively soon though!

Now that we've seen the "tower studio", I think it's safe to say that BLT will stopped being bashed as having studios on the small side!

I'm looking forward to seeing a point chart.

I think the choice of the Topolino's Terrace name for the Italian restaurant is very clever, as it literally means "little mouse's patio". But, isn't there already a surplus of Italian restaurants in the vicinity (Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Trattoria al Forno, and Il Mulino)?

I really want to see a point chart now. I'm happy they're expanding the room options since Poly. Also nice to see pull down beds instead of sleeper sofas. I'm intrigued at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter