The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted this on two other threads, so I might as well post it here, too. :) My Small World TA and two WDW CMs told me about 15 mins ago that only the Jaguar Slide will be closed from 3/31 - 4/30; the pool WILL remain open. I asked one CM and my TA if Disney is good about finishing their construction on time. The CM said yes and the slide will open 5/1. Haven't heard back from my TA yet about this. We're scheduled to go 5/5, so hopefully the slide will be available. It's my DD4's first trip to Disney and the kid *loves* to swim. I know she'd love the slide so I hope it's done by the time we arrive.

I've posted this on two other threads, so I might as well post it here, too. :) My Small World TA and two WDW CMs told me about 15 mins ago that only the Jaguar Slide will be closed from 3/31 - 4/30; the pool WILL remain open. I asked one CM and my TA if Disney is good about finishing their construction on time. The CM said yes and the slide will open 5/1. Haven't heard back from my TA yet about this. We're scheduled to go 5/5, so hopefully the slide will be available. It's my DD4's first trip to Disney and the kid *loves* to swim. I know she'd love the slide so I hope it's done by the time we arrive.

UNFORTUNATELY, this is BAD NEWS FOR ME! We (my 11-year old son) and I are going to be there Friday April 18th until Sat April 26th!!! I REALLY have gotten myself all excited about staying at CSR and hate to try to switch just because of a SLIDE! But, on the other hand, I am paying quite a bit more for this resort than my last stay at POP just for the extra to have a nice POOL area with a SLIDE... no slides at POP!!!!! THIS MAKES ME VERY SAD!!!!! :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I'm sorry! :hug:

This is not only DD's first trip, but our entire family's first time staying in a Disney hotel. The other times we camped at Fort Wilderness. Not having a slide is crummy, but the pool looks really cool and the pyramid part with the waterfall will still be available. Hope you and your DS have a great time despite the slide closure.

UNFORTUNATELY, this is BAD NEWS FOR ME! We (my 11-year old son) and I are going to be there Friday April 18th until Sat April 26th!!! I REALLY have gotten myself all excited about staying at CSR and hate to try to switch just because of a SLIDE! But, on the other hand, I am paying quite a bit more for this resort than my last stay at POP just for the extra to have a nice POOL area with a SLIDE... no slides at POP!!!!! THIS MAKES ME VERY SAD!!!!! :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:
I talked to Francisco at the pool bar (he's been the bartender since CSR opened 10 years ago) and he says he hasn't heard anything about the pool being closed in April.

Francisco
35n6npy.jpg

I talked to Francisco at the pool bar (he's been the bartender since CSR opened 10 years ago) and he says he hasn't heard anything about the pool being closed in April.

Francisco
http://i26.tinypic.com/2wfoi0p.jpg

Thanks BUZZ! My DS and I have talked about it this evening and have decided to stay with CSR. Over the past few weeks, you and your site have gotten us so excited to stay there we just can't bring ourselves to switch just because of a SLIDE! So, even though it is disappointing, maybe we will be lucky and it will be done with rehab a week early and OPEN when we are there! Hope you are still having a great week!

8 more weeks to go!!!!!
:cool1:

I was just on the phone with disney. . . slide is closed until late April.

All other mod's and values are booked for the week of April 22-29 just an FYI as I tried to change our ressie.

OMG I love that shirt!!!! Thanks for the pic Buzz. I'll make sure I look him up when we get there (and not just because he is holding a mighty tasty looking beer!:rotfl2: )
Look him up as well as Adrian (8 years). Both are great!!

I've seen 2 different closing dates posted. Is it 3/23 or 3/31? Has anybody else been able to confirm?

I was just on the phone with disney. . . slide is closed until late April.

All other mod's and values are booked for the week of April 22-29 just an FYI as I tried to change our ressie.

My DS and I will be there the same time you are!!! Friday April 18 until Sat April 26th!!!! This is our first time at CSR and even with the SLIDE closing, we are still very excited to be staying there!

Are you going to the Pirates and Princess Party on the 23rd?

8 more weeks to go!!!!!!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I've seen 2 different closing dates posted. Is it 3/23 or 3/31? Has anybody else been able to confirm?

I'd like to know this answer too. I'm going to be there 3/24-3/30 and I want to know if I need to break the news about not having a slide/pool to my kids or not.

:woohoo: I just booked us at CSR May 18-22 so I can see the Flower & Garden festival this year:woohoo: I'm so excited to be coming back to CSR:cool1:

If you call Central Reservations they can confirm the dates for you they had them when I called today.

Yes to poster above we are going to pirate and princess party, my DD (3) has an appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique followed by dinner at Crystal Palace right before P&PP begins.

That's good news that the pool will still be open for all of you going in April. Pity about the slide, but at least the pool will be open. Buzz I think I will have to look up those bartenders at least once while we are there.

That's good news that the pool will still be open for all of you going in April. Pity about the slide, but at least the pool will be open. Buzz I think I will have to look up those bartenders at least once while we are there.
They both opened Coronado back in 1997 but Adrian left for a few months then returned. Both have been there every since. They are great!

Will be at CSR over Easter for the third time..I love the place! Has anyone seen or heard of an Easter Event schedule at CSR? I know in the past resorts have had events on Easter, but haven't seen any official 2008 schedules yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter