The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzz2001

CSR MAN!!
10e4ydk.jpg

CSR TIDBITS
  • Ground breaking - August 30, 1995
  • Grand Opening - August 1, 1997
  • Architects: Designed under the direction of Walt Disney Imagineering
    • Design Architect: Graham Gund Architiects of Cambridge, MA
    • Architect of Record: Glover Smith Bode, Inc. of Oklahoma City, OK
    • Landscape Architect: E.D.A.W.
    • Interior Decor: Daroff Designs
  • The chairs located in the guest tooms were imported from Argentina and are made of ironwood
  • 46,000 cubic yards of concrete and more than 3,000 tons of rebar were used in the construction of the guest room buildings
  • Coronado Circle is 1.65 miles in length, this is the roadway that the buses use
  • The Esplanade is .97 miles in length, this is the path around Lago Dorado
  • Lago Dorado (Lake of Gold) is a 15 acre, 25 foot deep crafted lake.
  • Paint: more than 200 varieties/colors of paint were used for CSR.
  • Trees planted at the resort came from 10 different states and were imported from as far away as Palm Springs, CA.
  • Pallet Mulch: the mulch used in the landscape beds consists of shredded wood from recycled pallets.

CSR has 3 types of suites and they are costly. Jr suite, VIP suite and an executive suite. All the suites are located in the casitas with the exception of 2 jr suites located in the cabanas, one in 8b and one in 9b. The double bed jr suite would fit six because the wall unit in the second room is a murphy bed. Jr suite is two rooms together, the VIP is 3 regular rooms together, and the executive is 5 rooms together.

* The resort has about 30 junior suites, which are basically two connecting standard rooms. The bedroom includes either one king bed or two double beds and the second room is set up as a living room with a sleeper sofa or Murphy (Sico) bed. There are two bathrooms. Junior suites have an occupancy of 4 or 6 people and cost more than 2 standard rooms.

* There are also 10 "VIP" one-bedroom suites. These are equivalent in space to 3 standard rooms knocked together. There is a standard bedroom with one king bed or two double beds, plus a full bath. The living room is equivalent in size to two standard rooms and includes two seating areas, a wet bar with small refrigerator, a full bathroom and a dining table for four people. It has either a sleeper sofa or a Murphy (Sico) bed, bringing the occupancy to 4 or 6 people. The VIP suites are set up primarily for entertaining and are generally used by senior managers staying at the resort for conventions. VIP suites are priced at more than 4 times the cost of a standard room.

* Finally, there are a 6 "Executive" two-bedroom suites. These are equivalent in space to 5 standard rooms knocked together. The first bedroom has a king bed plus a full bath with whirlpool tub. The second bedroom has two double beds plus a full bath. The large living room offers two seating areas, a half-bath, a free-standing wet bar with small refrigerator and a dining table for six people. The living room includes either a sleeper sofa or a Murphy (Sico) bed, bringing the occupancy to 6 people.The Executive suites are set up primarily for entertaining and are generally used by executives staying at the resort for conventions. Executive suites are priced at more than 6 times the cost of a standard room.

Value, Regular, Summer, Peak, Holiday Pricing
Junior Suite and King Junior Suite
$330, $380, $415, $450, $515

VIP 1-Bedroom Suite and King 1-Bedroom Suite
$615, $675, $715, $750, $820

2-Bedroom Executive Suite
$910, $999, $1035, $1070, $1210

Executive Suite
10e4yg8.jpg

Junior Suite - double bed
10e4yhi.jpg

Junior Suite - king bed
10e4yl5.jpg

VIP Suite - double bed
10e4ymh.jpg

Vip Suite - king bed
10e4ynq.jpg

So glad you started this thread, Buzz! The other one was getting wayyy too long, it took forever to get through it! :goodvibes Keep up the good work!

Subscribing...

I have booked my family at CSR in August, and I had a few questions:
1. My kids loved Buzz's pictures of the Lion Fountain. Which building would I request to be close to it?
2. I made my reservation just last week for the end of August 2006, and there were no "standard" rooms left. Are most of the rooms water view? I took the water view; I'm sure it will be nice.
3. My DS's love the pictures of the pyramid at the pool. I have seen a couple pictures where girls were sitting on the bottom step of the pyramid, but I imagine climbing up the steps is not allowed??

1. My kids loved Buzz's pictures of the Lion Fountain. Which building would I request to be close to it?
Casitas 3 & 2 are closest
2. I made my reservation just last week for the end of August 2006, and there were no "standard" rooms left. Are most of the rooms water view? I took the water view; I'm sure it will be nice.
Disney's waterview could be of a fountain, lake or both.
DS's love the pictures of the pyramid at the pool. I have seen a couple pictures where girls were sitting on the bottom step of the pyramid, but I imagine climbing up the steps is not allowed??
kids participate in the pool opening, water ceremony each morning at the pool. They chant to bring the water gods to life. Its a cute little actiivity they do with the kids along with other water games that they play during the day. kids can go as high as the first set of large vines crossing the pyramid.

o54511.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

CSR has 4 conveniently located bus stops, one in each of the villages and one at the main building. None of the buildings are far from a bus stop.

The ranchos are the furthest from the main building so getting to the restaurants and lobby are far but there are 3 options. Use the Internal Shuttle System, take a bus to the main building or walk.

WALK
The distance around the whole lake is just under a mile (.97 miles).

Walking Distances
From El Centro moving clockwise around the lake path to:
Casitas 3 = .16 miles
Casitas 4 = .24 miles
Casitas 5 = .27 miles
Ranchos = .46 miles

From El Centro to the Dig Site, via the bridge near the Cabanas
= .35 miles

From El Centro moving counterclockwise around the lake to:
Cabanas 9B = .16 miles
Cabanas 9A/8B = .22 miles
Cabanas 8A = .31 miles
Rancho 7b = .35 miles

INTERNAL SHUTTLE
CSR offers an internal shuttle system to help guests get around the resort. The internal shuttle is now called the courtesy coach. CSR has a new extra long golf cart that is lime green. The courtesy coach only goes in one direction and will make flag stops along the route if there is room on the cart. It is being utilized by many guests.

w8xjkx.jpg

vmtcg8.jpg

BUSES
Theme park bus stops go in this order:
The bus stops are:
Bus Stop 2: Casitas
Bus Stop 3: Ranchos
Bus Stop 4: Ranchos and Cabanas
Bus Stop 1: El Centro

DtD and Exit buses
The bus stops are:
Bus Stop 1: El Centro
Bus Stop 2: Casitas
Bus Stop 3: Ranchos
Bus Stop 4: Ranchos and Cabanas

They go in this order to assist guests in getting to the main building and back to their village.

w8xj7o.jpg

THE PROS
  • No sharing bus service with other resorts and only 4 internal stops
  • Centrally located with short rides to the parks
  • Largest hot tub on WDW property
  • BEST main pool area of all the mods with bar, snack bar, playground and kiddie pool
  • 3 quiet pools
  • New internal shuttle service eliminates long walks to any of the villages
  • High speed internet service
  • WiFi available too
  • Free use of the gym
  • Spa and salon available
  • Coffeemaker in the room
  • Iron and ironing board
  • full room service menu
  • 2 arcades
  • beautifully landscaped
  • central air, not a noisey wall unit
THE CONS
  • double beds, kings size beds and suites are available (wish they had queens beds)
  • only one sink
IN THE MIDDLE
  • The Pepper Market is either a love it or hate it place. We love it but some guests just don't care for the set up.
  • Convention resort - some guests don't like seeing other guests at work. Doesn't bother us and helps keep the buses empty. GF, Cont, BW, Y & B Club are also convention resorts.

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 7 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

eaqyk9.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

So are the Cabanas closest to the food court? And nearest a pool? What about noise levels? Thanks!

fanofdisney said:
So are the Cabanas closest to the food court? And nearest a pool? What about noise levels? Thanks!
Parts of the casitas and cabanas are close to the main building but the cabanas have parts that are close to both the main building and pool areas. Noise has never been an issue in any of the rooms we stayed in. I have stayed in all 3 sections.

CSR is one of the six Walt Disney World Resorts to get a green thumbs up. :thumbsup2

Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom Lodge has been certified for the Florida "green lodging" program, the sixth Disney hotel to earn that distinction for environmentally friendly practices. Among the hotel's green features: a towel and linen reuse program to conserve energy and water, an advanced computerized energy management system and a recycling program for visitors and staff.

Started in March 2004, the program is a voluntary initiative from the state Department of Environmental Protection. It establishes environmental guidelines for hotels and motels to conserve natural resources and prevent pollution.

As reward for the designation, Florida recommends Green Lodges to companies and trade organizations seeking environmentally conscious lodging and convention facilities. With the addition of the Animal Kingdom property, the program has 13 hotels certified, with 14 in the process of becoming certified.

Others at Walt Disney World are: the Coronado Springs Resort, BoardWalk Inn, Port Orleans Resort, Pop Century Resort and Caribbean Beach Resort.

:cool1: Me, my DM(65) and my DD(5 turning 6 at WDW) will be staying at CSR. we were originally booked for PC but then decided to go for a moderate. at first we were looking at CBR but after reading all the good things everyone had to say about CSR we decided to book here. we asked to be closest to el centro and bus stops and for a smoking building. i am hoping for cabanas, they look the nicest. my question... how busy is it in may?? 05/28-06/03 2006? :banana: how long does take for the buses to pick everyone up and leave for the parks? any other info about CSR will be greatly appreciated too. :cheer2: will anyone else be there at the same time? :grouphug:
74 more days to go, :hourglass can hardly wait. :woohoo:
donna

donna6819 said:
:cool1: Me, my DM(65) and my DD(5 turning 6 at WDW) will be staying at CSR. we were originally booked for PC but then decided to go for a moderate. at first we were looking at CBR but after reading all the good things everyone had to say about CSR we decided to book here. we asked to be closest to el centro and bus stops and for a smoking building. i am hoping for cabanas, they look the nicest. my question... how busy is it in may?? 05/28-06/03 2006? :banana: how long does take for the buses to pick everyone up and leave for the parks? any other info about CSR will be greatly appreciated too. :cheer2: will anyone else be there at the same time? :grouphug: 74 more days to go, :hourglass can hardly wait. :woohoo:
Cabana 9a is the only smoking optional building as far as I am aware. CSR has 126 smoking optional rooms.

CSR has terrific transportation. They are very quick in picking up at the 4 stops (vs 8 at CBR) and leaving the grounds. CSR also doesn't share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks. DtD is the longest ride.

jasper said:
In the Convention Center, you can use one of 6 computers to access the Internet, print your boarding passes, etc, for up to 15 minutes for free. After that, it is $10 per 15 minutes, but I was there for an hour or so and they still only charged $10. The business center opens at 7 a.m.
That's good news!! Another perk for CSR!!

abaldacci said:
Where are the suites located at CSR?

I've always wondered that as well. I am assuming they would be located in the Casitas since that is usually where convention attendees are booked.......is that correct Buzz?

CSR has 46 suites that cater to the convention crowd but are available to all guests. There are 31 junior suites (double beds or king), 10 VIP suites (double beds or king) and 5 Executive Suites. Most of the suites are in the casita's, but there are a few exceptions. All 5 executive suites are in casita 1. All but one of the VIP suite's are also located in casita 1, the other is in cabana 9B. The junior suites are in casitas 1 & 3, and there are 2 in the cabana section one each in 8B & 9B.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. (Most convenient location and most preferred)

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. (9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building)

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter