The Most Magical Time of Year! December 2018 TR Completed 5/8 New TR link!

That makes me so sad! Turtle Talk was one of the highlights of my childhood trips...and it also makes me feel a little old to think about it lol

It seems like a great set up for some fun interactions with kids but with all of the Finding Dory stuff it just felt pretty forced. Like when Laugh Floor tried to make Monsters University a thing lol

I completely agree! My sticker kept getting stuck in my hair or falling off!

It just doesn't make sense to me that for EVERYTHING else they go with a paper wristband but this they do a sticker lol

That was the experience we had for the 5:00 show. We weren't even going to get in line until we saw how long it was (thankfully they started letting people in not long after we got in the line). It was kind of insane!

I'm actually kind of glad that we didn't make it back there any earlier! That would have really stressed me out lol

Wilderness Lodge is a resort I would love to visit during the holiday season- it looks so festive and magical!

Your dinner sounds amazing! I have heard nothing but great reviews for this new character dining, I'm going to have to check it out myself one trip!

And THEN when we walked into the lobby there were carolers singing. It was so magical!
Oh my gosh that is like...Christmas. Right there- that's the feeling of Christmas.

The ambiance was amazing, I loved how the fairy lights sparkled and shimmered every time someone appeared and the characters were all great too!
So pretty! I definitely love it with the lights down like that!

Even Dan who isn't a fan of character dining thought it was a lot of fun and that the food was all good.
Good to know- maybe it can help me convince Jon to put it on our list for next trip :P

Wilderness Lodge is a resort I would love to visit during the holiday season- it looks so festive and magical!

It really screams that warm and fuzzy holiday feeling. I had never been over there at Christmas and it was definitely love at first sight!

Your dinner sounds amazing! I have heard nothing but great reviews for this new character dining, I'm going to have to check it out myself one trip!

It really was awesome! You would love it!

Oh my gosh that is like...Christmas. Right there- that's the feeling of Christmas.

It really was! It was awesome :lovestruc

So pretty! I definitely love it with the lights down like that!

It really had a christmas-y, magical, having dinner in the middle of the woods vibe. I think they did a pretty good job with the makeover!

Good to know- maybe it can help me convince Jon to put it on our list for next trip :P

Definitely! DH seems to have gotten better about character dining once I just asked him to be my photographer and didn't have to interact with any of them haha which works out perfectly since they don't have photopass people with the characters!

I am so excited to try this meal out!

The food looks pretty good and the atmosphere looks amazing! I have only heard good things about the interaction with the evil queen, so I’m really looking forward to that as well!

The night gnocchi looks amazing! Done right it’s one of my favorite pastas!

I am so excited to try this meal out!

The food looks pretty good and the atmosphere looks amazing! I have only heard good things about the interaction with the evil queen, so I’m really looking forward to that as well!

The night gnocchi looks amazing! Done right it’s one of my favorite pastas!

You will love it! It is just so much fun!!

She's awesome. Unfortunately the lighting isn't the greatest so that would be my only complaint about meeting her. We got ZERO usuable photos when we met her in March lol

I would highly recommend the gnocchi! So good!

I binge read all of your reports over the last few days and got caught up on this one. All of my trips are with my mom and sister and I'm the main planner as well so I feel like we're kindred spirits! We also live fairly close. I live in Erie, PA so I've been to Niagara Falls many times. I used to play in a basketball tournament there every year haha. Your dinner at Artist Point looked delicious. The food doesn't really appeal to me but the atmosphere looks so amazing! I'm sure I'll work it in to the rotation eventually.

I binge read all of your reports over the last few days and got caught up on this one. All of my trips are with my mom and sister and I'm the main planner as well so I feel like we're kindred spirits! We also live fairly close. I live in Erie, PA so I've been to Niagara Falls many times. I used to play in a basketball tournament there every year haha. Your dinner at Artist Point looked delicious. The food doesn't really appeal to me but the atmosphere looks so amazing! I'm sure I'll work it in to the rotation eventually.

Thanks for joining in!! Girls trips are just so fun, I'm so sad we don't have anymore booked and probably won't be doing any until next year at the earliest :sad:

Thats so fun! Was the tournament at Niagara Falls high school? That's my alma mater :goodvibes

I would definitely recommend Artist Point! I think they've changed the menu up a bit even since my March trip but I think the atmosphere really can't be beat!

You will love it! It is just so much fun!!

She's awesome. Unfortunately the lighting isn't the greatest so that would be my only complaint about meeting her. We got ZERO usuable photos when we met her in March lol

I would highly recommend the gnocchi! So good!

So a portable light ... i am sure they sell that on Amazon.

Monday, December 17th Part 4

After we finished our amazing meal we realized we were in no rush to head to our hotel at the airport since we didn’t have a flight to catch, so we made our way down to one of our favorite spots in Disney to hang out at, Geyser Point. I was very sad to be leaving Disney. Something about being at my very favorite resort in all of Disney had me not wanting to go home! I had half a mind to head to the front desk to see if they had any availability! :rotfl: (I didn’t – that would have been slightly crazy! But I was VERY tempted!)

Before long, Happily Ever After was beginning so we made our way down to the water to watch some of it.

It was pretty chilly out though so we basically just watched the first part that we had missed when arriving to California Grill and then made our way back to our seats at the bar where they had the heaters running.

We also got to enjoy the water pageant from Geyser Point which was another fun surprise.

We both really enjoyed grabbing a couple of drinks here and just relaxing during our last night.

Before long, it was time for us to say our goodbyes to our favorite Disney resort and Disney World. But not before getting a couple more pictures in the lobby!

We also took some time to look at the tree's decorations. We found the moose antlers pretty funny and a sign that it probably was time to go home since Joy’s favorite toy is a moose!

Oh yeah did I say we were leaving, whoops I guess we weren’t ready QUITE yet! :rotfl2: We decided after walking around the lobby to meander over to Boulder Ridge just to see what it looked like. Neither of us had ever walked around that resort, even when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for a week in July! So we were both very curious! I also had visions of that part of the hotel being so out of the way lol I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong!

I loved the walkway over to BRV. I think there's a pattern to how much Christmas decorations make me happy :love::rotfl:

And basically Dan fell in love lol

46767323905_63391c0364.jpg

Dan loved it so much over there he was dancing in their lobby! Haha

There was no one else around so we took a minute to sit by the fire and use the rocking chairs.

We sat here for a while just enjoying the warmth of the fire and the fact that we were the only ones around. It seriously felt like we were only people in the whole building. Our half hour Boulder Ridge exploration actually inspired us to stay here in December 2019 and we cannot wait!!

Eventually we were ready to go :rotfl: but it was definitely hard to get ourselves to leave. Especially when we didn't have a deadline like a plane or a bus to catch! So off to the car we went and made our way back to MCO to check in to the Hyatt Regency at MCO for the night. Surprisingly, the traffic around the airport was crazy and super backed up, which was weird for almost 11:30 at night!

Dan was excited to stay at the Airport Hyatt, its one of those hotels that just seems fun when you are walking through MCO lol I had actually stayed here once before when my flight was canceled/changed by Jetblue and yet still took off without me, my Mom and sister lol

Like I mentioned previously, I used Hyatt reward points to book this room (only had to buy 1,000 more to have enough - thank you work travel from my last job!) and was able to get us this room for $24! I honestly am considering getting the Hyatt credit card just for this benefit. It was seriously SO nice to stay here the last night and just roll out of bed for our very early morning flight. Yes, it was hard to leave Disney but if it was between not getting a full last day or spending a night here, this was definitely the better option!

The room was really nice, they are in the process of remodeling all of their rooms and they are definitely an upgrade from what they were. And funny that compared to most Disney rooms they were very spacious. The TV was HUGE and everything seemed super clean. I would 100% stay here again!

Overall, we really enjoyed our one night stay here and I would definitely stay here again for getting an extra night or even for a place to stay before a cruise. We loved it!

December 18th

We woke up at 6AM and quickly showered and got semi ready for the day. We had both set out our comfier clothes we planned to wear on the flight home and it was great being able to just basically roll out of bed and head downstairs to catch our flight home. We had our bags checked and were through security pretty quick. I was worried about getting seats together because I had checked us in late for our Southwest flight the day before. Even with C1 and C2 we ended up with seats together so that was nice! Although I will say, and this could just be me being crazy and anal, but we were lined up for our C1 and C2 spot and this woman was trying to cut in front of us. Obviously I knew we were the front of the row so I just politely asked her her number because if she was a B I wanted to let her know she could go. She wasn't, she was C3 and snapped at me that we were all going to the same place and to stop worrying about it. I was so taken aback and just annoyed. Like yes, we are all going to the same place but at that point in boarding it does actually matter if she cuts in front of us because if she decided to sit in the last row of three in the middle or if there was a row with two seats left next to each other and she took one then yes, it would matter. Idk, maybe I'm just crazy and a stickler for rules but I always make an effort to make sure I'm not cutting someone in those lines so it was just frustrating. We did have an uneventful flight home and were seated no where near that woman lol I think we both slept most of the way home!

Even though it was an early flight it was great to get home by 11:30 because we had the whole day left to nap and cuddle our pug Joy! It was great!

Home, Sweet Home :cloud9:

Thanks for joining along and reliving one of my favorite trips ever. Up next, another girls trip to Disney World!

What a nice relaxing way to end the trip. Drinks by a fire and having a while lobby area to yourself! Sometimes I feel like the lobby’s I am specifically thinks The Grand Floridian seem like Penn Station!

I am really debating booking the Hyatt for our last night in August. We have a 730am flight!!! And frankly the early pick up is going to kill me! It may be better to stay there and have less of an issue.

Early flights have a huge benefit I love getting home early and having the whole day while not really losing out on park time on the prior day.

Sounds like a nice & relaxing final night just soaking in the Disney atmosphere!

I would have been annoyed with that lady at the airport too!

Loved reading about your trip!

What a nice relaxing way to end the trip. Drinks by a fire and having a while lobby area to yourself! Sometimes I feel like the lobby’s I am specifically thinks The Grand Floridian seem like Penn Station!

I know! lol I think the only relaxed feeling I've had in the GF lobby was at like 11:30PM at night haha so it was definitely nice to feel like we were the only ones around for a minute and just enjoy the fire.

I am really debating booking the Hyatt for our last night in August. We have a 730am flight!!! And frankly the early pick up is going to kill me! It may be better to stay there and have less of an issue.

Early flights have a huge benefit I love getting home early and having the whole day while not really losing out on park time on the prior day.

I would definitely recommend it. I could have booked us a room in Disney that night but I imagine they would have picked us up at like 5:15/5:30AM for our 8:30AM flight and we didn't even wake up until 6:15 to get up and get ready lol the only downside for us was not being able to use resort airline check in but even with that early of a flight I don't think you can. But we definitely would do it again, especially if we booked another early flight! I considered it for our last night in September but I was able to get the same price for a mid afternoon flight so we opted not to this time.

The last few years I usually take the last flight out but it was nice just to have one nice last full day and then the next day be traveling!

Something about being at my very favorite resort in all of Disney had me not wanting to go home!
Ugh truly the worst!!

We also got to enjoy the water pageant from Geyser Point which was another fun surprise.
I fell in love with this on our trip in January. It's so 80s-tastic and I hope it never changes.

But not before getting a couple more pictures in the lobby!
There's ALWAYS time for pics!

It was seriously SO nice to stay here the last night and just roll out of bed for our very early morning flight
Wow that sounds super convenient! We might have to look into that for when we fly in late some time!

Idk, maybe I'm just crazy and a stickler for rules but I always make an effort to make sure I'm not cutting someone in those lines so it was just frustrating.
Definitely not crazy- those people are just rude.

Sounds like an awesome last day and a great trip overall! This TR is making me seriously antsy to get back to WDW during Christmas and just soak in all the magic. So thanks for letting me do that through you :P

I LOVE all the decorations at the Wilderness Lodge. I am always hoping my DH gets out of retail so we can take a Christmas Trip to the World. I get a week off with my job so it would be perfect to go and not have to waste PTO. Of course I will miss my Tiffany's discount, but the trade off is Disney at Christmas so...... haha. The photos though are out of this world pretty. I could stroll the Wilderness Lodge aimlessly for hours at that time of year just taking it all in. Glad to hear that the Hyatt was nice. I have yet to stay there, but could in the future if we have a late flight in/early flight out.

Ugh truly the worst!!

It was so bad! I felt like I needed to be dragged away!

I fell in love with this on our trip in January. It's so 80s-tastic and I hope it never changes.

That's the perfect description for the water pageant! It's not something I'd go out of my way for but I always enjoy it when I catch it!

There's ALWAYS time for pics!

ALWAYS!

Wow that sounds super convenient! We might have to look into that for when we fly in late some time!

It was SUPER convenient. If we had a later flight like 11 or later it would have been fine staying at a Disney resort but for the price and the time of our flight it was awesome! That's what really got me looking into the cc because I believe you get 1 free night a year with the credit card which would be nice to use but I haven't taken the leap yet! haha

Definitely not crazy- those people are just rude.

Thank you! I was just standing there, like am I crazy? lol and DH isn't really one for confrontation whereas I am in most situations but I was too tired to do more than just stare at her :rotfl:

200w.webp

Sounds like an awesome last day and a great trip overall! This TR is making me seriously antsy to get back to WDW during Christmas and just soak in all the magic. So thanks for letting me do that through you :P

Girl you need to! Put those CC points to good use! :cheer2: (I do kind of wish we had been able to book CC just because the rooms look AMAZING compared to BRV but they were all booked up by the time I was able to rent so its okay!)

I LOVE all the decorations at the Wilderness Lodge. I am always hoping my DH gets out of retail so we can take a Christmas Trip to the World. I get a week off with my job so it would be perfect to go and not have to waste PTO. Of course I will miss my Tiffany's discount, but the trade off is Disney at Christmas so...... haha. The photos though are out of this world pretty. I could stroll the Wilderness Lodge aimlessly for hours at that time of year just taking it all in. Glad to hear that the Hyatt was nice. I have yet to stay there, but could in the future if we have a late flight in/early flight out.

I had never walked around WL with the Christmas decorations before! Needless to say it was love at first sight! haha

Oh yeah, thats tough when you have a block at work! My old job was no vacations Jan-April 15 (tax season) which sucked because I always wanted to go on a Spring break trip to escape the cold and my current job I can't go on vacation after quarter ends (Jan 1-5, April 1-5, July 1-5 and Oct 1-5) which I'm fine with most of those but I do really want to go to Disney for the 4th of July at some point and for DH's bday which is 7/2 so hopefully someday I'll get to go! haha

I can't wait to spend more time walking around WL on our Christmas trip this year!

The Hyatt was definitely nice and convenient! I loved it for our early flight out. Idk if I could do it coming in though haha I would be WAY too anxious to get to Disney! But I guess it would be pretty nice for a really late flight where you wouldn't be able to do anything in Disney anyway!

I'm sure Joy was so happy so see you. Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us.

Oh she was! My Mom was at work when we got home so Joy was not expecting us to come through the door at all and she was SO overJOYed haha it was honestly even a great day at home because we all got to cuddle and take a nice nap together! Definitely lessened the Disney blues sting lol

What a great way to end the trip! Very not rushed, and just enjoying the ambiance. Love it!

We actually were seated almost twenty minutes before our reservation which I was pleasantly surprised about! Especially for the restaurant just opening this weekend I was surprised at their efficiency. I also loved the front page of the menu – so sweet!
Yes! We got seated like 45 minutes early in February, which was really nice. They do seem to be really on it, with the efficiency and all

Now I don’t know if it is because we were there once the sun went down but I LOVED this meal. The ambiance was amazing, I loved how the fairy lights sparkled and shimmered every time someone appeared and the characters were all great too! I think the addition of the Christmas wreaths around the restaurant really warmed up the atmosphere, too.
They really did a good job with the decorations! Course now I need to go back and see it decorated for Christmas!

I went with the A Stroll through Nature which was butternut squash (okay I guess I like SOME squash lol), arugula, gnocchi, sage and parmesan. This was so good, I'm sure it is probably the least valuable thing to get on a set price menu but I would order this again and again!
I got this too, and you are spot on in your assessment. SO GOOD. I'm hungry now just thinking about it.

We woke up at 6AM and quickly showered and got semi ready for the day. We had both set out our comfier clothes we planned to wear on the flight home and it was great being able to just basically roll out of bed and head downstairs to catch our flight home. We had our bags checked and were through security pretty quick. I was worried about getting seats together because I had checked us in late for our Southwest flight the day before. Even with C1 and C2 we ended up with seats together so that was nice! Although I will say, and this could just be me being crazy and anal, but we were lined up for our C1 and C2 spot and this woman was trying to cut in front of us. Obviously I knew we were the front of the row so I just politely asked her her number because if she was a B I wanted to let her know she could go. She wasn't, she was C3 and snapped at me that we were all going to the same place and to stop worrying about it. I was so taken aback and just annoyed. Like yes, we are all going to the same place but at that point in boarding it does actually matter if she cuts in front of us because if she decided to sit in the last row of three in the middle or if there was a row with two seats left next to each other and she took one then yes, it would matter. Idk, maybe I'm just crazy and a stickler for rules but I always make an effort to make sure I'm not cutting someone in those lines so it was just frustrating. We did have an uneventful flight home and were seated no where near that woman lol I think we both slept most of the way home!
Rude lady! If you choose to fly southwest, get in your spot. You're totally right--at that point it does matter and she knows it does, which is why she was trying to cut. Glad you weren't sitting near her!!:rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing! Your trip was fantastic...really enjoyed all the pictures and seeing all the fun things you did!

Thats so fun! Was the tournament at Niagara Falls high school? That's my alma mater :goodvibes
It was at a college. Niagara University or something like that.

Dan was excited to stay at the Airport Hyatt, its one of those hotels that just seems fun when you are walking through MCO lol I had actually stayed here once before when my flight was canceled/changed by Jetblue and yet still took off without me, my Mom and sister lol
I want to stay here so bad lol. But I always want to be on Disney property right away and stay there as long as possible. Maybe one trip I'll get a late flight in the night before.

Although I will say, and this could just be me being crazy and anal, but we were lined up for our C1 and C2 spot and this woman was trying to cut in front of us. Obviously I knew we were the front of the row so I just politely asked her her number because if she was a B I wanted to let her know she could go. She wasn't, she was C3 and snapped at me that we were all going to the same place and to stop worrying about it. I was so taken aback and just annoyed. Like yes, we are all going to the same place but at that point in boarding it does actually matter if she cuts in front of us because if she decided to sit in the last row of three in the middle or if there was a row with two seats left next to each other and she took one then yes, it would matter. Idk, maybe I'm just crazy and a stickler for rules but I always make an effort to make sure I'm not cutting someone in those lines so it was just frustrating. We did have an uneventful flight home and were seated no where near that woman lol I think we both slept most of the way home!
I had this same situation last trip. I was C1 and everyone kept trying to cut me, but I was by myself so it didn't really matter. Still how rude!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter