The Most Magical Time of Year! December 2018 TR Completed 5/8 New TR link!

So I got super far behind while I was on my trip - I have your new TR bookmarked, just haven't gotten to it yet!

I think our grace period ended at 2:25 and we JUST missed it by scanning in at like 2:26 or 2:27. I didn’t even bother explaining to the CM, I just tried my magicband praying we would be able to squeeze one more minute out of the grace period. Thankfully, the CM took pity on our winded selves and let us through without even asking us any questions. I was SO thankful! Especially because if the system hadn’t gotten rid of Dan’s original fastpass this wouldn’t have even been an issue!
They can see on the scanners if you were a bit late, so it's no problem! As long as you aren't being a jerk or like 1 hr late, they will be ok with it!

I think the front areas might have been reserved for military families but I am not certain. The front seats were definitely roped off though from people with just the normal candlelight processional dining package. I never saw or heard anything about it though so I could totally be wrong lol but does make sense since it was announced that he brought like 1,000 gold star children to Disney that weekend.
That would make sense! I'm glad you liked it!

My plan was to valet park using my TIW card but when we pulled up they told us that the new dining wasn’t accepting TIW. We were still pretty early for our reservation so I asked if we got a couple of drinks from Territory Lounge and used the TIW would that count and he said absolutely!
I never realized you couldn't valet park if you were eating at a place that didn't take TiW! I just never have had to drive, so haven't bothered!

Something about being at my very favorite resort in all of Disney had me not wanting to go home! I had half a mind to head to the front desk to see if they had any availability! :rotfl: (I didn’t – that would have been slightly crazy! But I was VERY tempted!)

And basically Dan fell in love lol

46767323905_63391c0364.jpg

Dan loved it so much over there he was dancing in their lobby! Haha
I think both of those are more signs you guys need to buy into DVC at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge! Or maybe just wait for Reflections? I'm considering that one for a direct contract in a few years...

So I got super far behind while I was on my trip - I have your new TR bookmarked, just haven't gotten to it yet!

No problem!! haha you all have been very busy!!

They can see on the scanners if you were a bit late, so it's no problem! As long as you aren't being a jerk or like 1 hr late, they will be ok with it!

Thank goodness! haha because I was stressed!!

That would make sense! I'm glad you liked it!

That's the only thing I could come up with! But I didn't mind that those were reserved, especially if that was the reason! I just wanted a seat so as long as there wasn't a pole or tree directly in front of me I was happy haha And I loved it! I definitely want to do it again this year!

I never realized you couldn't valet park if you were eating at a place that didn't take TiW! I just never have had to drive, so haven't bothered!

You can still valet! It just costs $30 or $35 to valet without TiW and I was not about to pay that to park when I could get us two drinks with the discount at the bar (which would qualify us for the free valet) for like $20 and we could get a drink out of it! haha

I think both of those are more signs you guys need to buy into DVC at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge! Or maybe just wait for Reflections? I'm considering that one for a direct contract in a few years...

I honestly don't know that we will buy into DVC, at least not right now! Unless they completely change the renting rules. But for right now we love Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge, Poly, and I'm sure we will love Beach Club lol and probably Riviera which I was able to rent points for in March of next year. I like the renting aspect because I can get the 11 month availability at the resorts I want versus just the one I own at. Maybe some day but I just don't think its in the cards for us right now...unless I win the lottery and can buy points at all of the resorts I want :rotfl:Plus DH feels like he would want at least one direct contract for the benefits which I agree, I think I'd want to be able to use the lounges and stuff so we'll see!

I honestly don't know that we will buy into DVC, at least not right now! Unless they completely change the renting rules. But for right now we love Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge, Poly, and I'm sure we will love Beach Club lol and probably Riviera which I was able to rent points for in March of next year. I like the renting aspect because I can get the 11 month availability at the resorts I want versus just the one I own at. Maybe some day but I just don't think its in the cards for us right now...unless I win the lottery and can buy points at all of the resorts I want :rotfl:Plus DH feels like he would want at least one direct contract for the benefits which I agree, I think I'd want to be able to use the lounges and stuff so we'll see!
Very true! It does help to be able to stay at lots of different places; just a bit pricier than buying, but maybe less stress! And you can buy direct contracts from Disney for most of the resorts, just more expensive than buying from an owner (i.e. for AKV, I could have bought from Disney for $176pp, but I bought from an owner for $106pp). That way you get the same benefits as someone buying a new contract. Some of the most popular resorts have waiting lists for points to open up (mainly Beach Club, Boardwalk), but they usually have some available if you ever decide to go that route!

Very true! It does help to be able to stay at lots of different places; just a bit pricier than buying, but maybe less stress! And you can buy direct contracts from Disney for most of the resorts, just more expensive than buying from an owner (i.e. for AKV, I could have bought from Disney for $176pp, but I bought from an owner for $106pp). That way you get the same benefits as someone buying a new contract. Some of the most popular resorts have waiting lists for points to open up (mainly Beach Club, Boardwalk), but they usually have some available if you ever decide to go that route!

Yeah I did some math and not even taking into account the interest I would pay to finance the points (because I definitely don't have that kind of cash lying around ha!) I'm only really paying like an extra $200 for the rooms with renting which I can live with (probably even less if I took into account interest!). The biggest downside is the inability to cancel like you can with owning but for now I can live with that!

Yeah, we would probably have to sit down and see which resort would work out best for us through Disney and that is the cheapest points-wise and buy everything else resale if we did buy in! I feel like at this point I mostly want to join just to be apart of the club :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter