The Most Magical Time of Year! December 2018 TR Completed 5/8 New TR link!

Any guesses to where we were headed? The new Storybook dining at Artist Point of course! When they had first released the reservations I was so mad that I wasn’t able to snag one but then closer to the trip I was able to get one for this night and I was so happy! I was actually able to grab one for the opening night too but we decided to pass on that since we felt like it might be too much rushing around with the Christmas party. Once we added the last night to our trip we knew we had to eat here!
So exciting!!

And THEN when we walked into the lobby there were carolers singing. It was so magical! Does this happen a lot during the Christmas season at the Wilderness Lodge? Or was that unusual?
I think it would tear up if thst happned to me. So, so magical!!

Now I don’t know if it is because we were there once the sun went down but I LOVED this meal. The ambiance was amazing, I loved how the fairy lights sparkled and shimmered every time someone appeared and the characters were all great too! I think the addition of the Christmas wreaths around the restaurant really warmed up the atmosphere, too.
It sounds lovely! :goodvibes

First to our table was Snow White and she was as lovely as ever. I told her how she was my Mom’s class’ favorite princess and she told me to warn them to never take an apple from strangers.
Perfectly in character!

Next up was Dopey. I was super excited for him to see my Dopey purse and he seemed to really love it!
Those pictures are so cute!

After Grumpy, our entrée’s came out. And man this was no disappointment at all, these were AMAZING!
Mmmmm! Look great!

After we finished eating it was finally time to meet the Evil Queen. She was awesome, I asked her if she liked my ears or my purse and she gave a resounding NO to both. It was great :rotfl:
:laughing:

I had half a mind to head to the front desk to see if they had any availability! :rotfl: (I didn’t – that would have been slightly crazy! But I was VERY tempted!)
I would be tempted too! It's hard to leave.

We also got to enjoy the water pageant from Geyser Point which was another fun surprise.

I loved the walkway over to BRV. I think there's a pattern to how much Christmas decorations make me happy :love::rotfl:
Christmas decorations make everything better!

We sat here for a while just enjoying the warmth of the fire and the fact that we were the only ones around. It seriously felt like we were only people in the whole building. Our half hour Boulder Ridge exploration actually inspired us to stay here in December 2019 and we cannot wait!!
It looks so pretty!

Like I mentioned previously, I used Hyatt reward points to book this room (only had to buy 1,000 more to have enough - thank you work travel from my last job!) and was able to get us this room for $24! I honestly am considering getting the Hyatt credit card just for this benefit. It was seriously SO nice to stay here the last night and just roll out of bed for our very early morning flight. Yes, it was hard to leave Disney but if it was between not getting a full last day or spending a night here, this was definitely the better option!
Perfect option and the room looks great!

What was with that woman at the airport?? Some people are so rude!

Thanks for a great TR! I really enjoyed reading along! :)

She wasn't, she was C3 and snapped at me that we were all going to the same place and to stop worrying about it.
So if everyone was going to the same place at the same time why didn’t she just wait to be the last one?!?!?

Your last night at Disney sounds amazing!!

I follow you on Instagram so i already saw all of your girls trip pictures. Can’t wait for the TR.

What a great way to end the trip! Very not rushed, and just enjoying the ambiance. Love it!

It was seriously perfect! I did originally consider rushing over to MK after dinner since it was open until midnight but I'm so glad we didn't. Definitely nice to take a minute and slow down in Disney! (which is hard for me to do but I'm learning!)

Yes! We got seated like 45 minutes early in February, which was really nice. They do seem to be really on it, with the efficiency and all

Yeah I was definitley surprised for them to be that efficient opening weekend! But I suppose its Disney and this isn't their first rodeo! haha I'm just so used to every restaurant that opens up around me being a hot mess :rotfl:

They really did a good job with the decorations! Course now I need to go back and see it decorated for Christmas!

It was seriously so cute in there!

I got this too, and you are spot on in your assessment. SO GOOD. I'm hungry now just thinking about it.

ME TOO

Rude lady! If you choose to fly southwest, get in your spot. You're totally right--at that point it does matter and she knows it does, which is why she was trying to cut. Glad you weren't sitting near her!!:rotfl2:

Exactly! Like you knew when buying SW that you get assigned a number just like I did. Of course I'm not going to let you go in front of me! lol like it actually would matter less in the As and Bs than in the Cs. Glad I'm not the crazy one lol

Thanks for sharing! Your trip was fantastic...really enjoyed all the pictures and seeing all the fun things you did!

Thanks for reading!!

It was at a college. Niagara University or something like that.

Oh makes sense!

I want to stay here so bad lol. But I always want to be on Disney property right away and stay there as long as possible. Maybe one trip I'll get a late flight in the night before.

I totally get it! I don't know that I could do it coming in just because I always want to get to Disney as soon as possible! Unless I had a flight that landed at like three in the morning or something crazy lol then I might consider it! But it was definitely awesome for a super early morning flight home!

I had this same situation last trip. I was C1 and everyone kept trying to cut me, but I was by myself so it didn't really matter. Still how rude!

I just don't get that mentality! lol If I had been by myself I wouldn't have said anything but I was definitely trying to get us seats together and she was pushing it! lol

I think it would tear up if thst happned to me. So, so magical!!

I pretty much did! I don't think anything could have topped it!

It sounds lovely! :goodvibes

I would highly recommend!

Perfectly in character!

Those pictures are so cute!

They were all great!

I would be tempted too! It's hard to leave.

It was SO hard lol

Perfect option and the room looks great!

I would definitely stay here again!

What was with that woman at the airport?? Some people are so rude!

People are so crazy. I was just baffled that she was trying to make ME feel bad when she was trying to cut lol

Thanks for a great TR! I really enjoyed reading along! :)

Thank you for reading!!

So if everyone was going to the same place at the same time why didn’t she just wait to be the last one?!?!?

Exactly! lol Especially for someone by themselves its interesting to me that she felt the need to try to cut us because I guess for her it probably doesn't matter where she sits but we were definitely trying to end up together!

Your last night at Disney sounds amazing!!

It was seriously perfect! And I think overall, one of my favorite days at Disney!

I follow you on Instagram so i already saw all of your girls trip pictures. Can’t wait for the TR.

Oh there are soooo many more haha coming soon though!! I definitely need to get it started soon before me and DH's trip in June!

Back from Disney :( and catching up!

The decorations even from the moment you walked up to the Wilderness Lodge were SO cute!
Just one of the many, many reasons WL is my favorite, which I was reminded of once again the past few days :love:

And THEN when we walked into the lobby there were carolers singing. It was so magical! Does this happen a lot during the Christmas season at the Wilderness Lodge? Or was that unusual?
Whoa that's awesome! I don't think I've ever heard that! We were there over Thanksgiving last year so while the decorations were up we didn't catch any carolers, I'm sure it was too early for them.

we made our way down to one of our favorite spots in Disney to hang out at, Geyser Point
::yes:: It's so relaxing sitting by the water, and so pretty. We try to go every time we stay at WL and spent quite a bit to time there on this trip lol :drinking1

What a nice relaxing end to your trip! They Hyatt is definitely a great alternative to a night in a Disney resort when you arrive in Orlando late at night or have a super early flight home. As always I enjoyed following your report!

I so enjoyed your TR! Can't wait to read all about your adventures in 2019!

Thank you for reading!

Back from Disney :( and catching up!

So sad :sad: at least you have your July trip to look forward to!

Just one of the many, many reasons WL is my favorite, which I was reminded of once again the past few days :love:

Its just the best!

Whoa that's awesome! I don't think I've ever heard that! We were there over Thanksgiving last year so while the decorations were up we didn't catch any carolers, I'm sure it was too early for them.

I honestly don't know if its something they do often or if we just got really lucky! It was definitely special!

::yes:: It's so relaxing sitting by the water, and so pretty. We try to go every time we stay at WL and spent quite a bit to time there on this trip lol :drinking1

Its really a great spot, possibly one of my favorite spots in Disney! I can't wait to hear all about the EPIC trip!

What a nice relaxing end to your trip! They Hyatt is definitely a great alternative to a night in a Disney resort when you arrive in Orlando late at night or have a super early flight home. As always I enjoyed following your report!

Thanks for reading!!

Your Snow White dinner looks fun! The menu and the desserts are adorable. I don't know that I'd love the menu options, but I still may have to bring my mom here someday because she loves Snow White.

I was worried about getting seats together because I had checked us in late for our Southwest flight the day before. Even with C1 and C2 we ended up with seats together so that was nice! Although I will say, and this could just be me being crazy and anal, but we were lined up for our C1 and C2 spot and this woman was trying to cut in front of us. Obviously I knew we were the front of the row so I just politely asked her her number because if she was a B I wanted to let her know she could go. She wasn't, she was C3 and snapped at me that we were all going to the same place and to stop worrying about it. I was so taken aback and just annoyed. Like yes, we are all going to the same place but at that point in boarding it does actually matter if she cuts in front of us because if she decided to sit in the last row of three in the middle or if there was a row with two seats left next to each other and she took one then yes, it would matter. Idk, maybe I'm just crazy and a stickler for rules but I always make an effort to make sure I'm not cutting someone in those lines so it was just frustrating.

Ugh, I don't blame you. I would have done the same thing. I was worried this past trip because I checked in 6 minutes past my time and got B51 for a boarding position. Luckily, I ended up sitting pretty much exactly where I like to sit but I was by myself. When I'm with my mom and kids, we do EBCI to all sit together.

we had the whole day left to nap and cuddle our pug Joy! It was great!

Aw, :love:

Great trip report, thanks for sharing! I cannot wait to go for Christmas now, after seeing all the decorations!

The Storybook Dining sounds so sweet!! I can't wait to give it a try when we go in December (I sure hope they don't make any changes til then!) :)

I would have been crazy annoyed at the C3 lady! You are not crazy or anal. They want you in order for a reason. So there, lady! :)

Your Snow White dinner looks fun! The menu and the desserts are adorable. I don't know that I'd love the menu options, but I still may have to bring my mom here someday because she loves Snow White.

The menu probably would be a bit out of your comfort zone but I think out of the entrees you might be able to find something! The gnocci has some extra stuff in it but to me is a very safe bet! And I think your Mom would love it!

Ugh, I don't blame you. I would have done the same thing. I was worried this past trip because I checked in 6 minutes past my time and got B51 for a boarding position. Luckily, I ended up sitting pretty much exactly where I like to sit but I was by myself. When I'm with my mom and kids, we do EBCI to all sit together.

I mean the spot was totally my fault because I think I checked in nearly two hours late lol Downside of a early flight home with Southwest coming home haha but that lady definitely annoyed me! Like rules are rules for a reason, get to your spot :rotfl: I used to pay for Early bird when it was $15 but now for all of our flights its been $25 for it! I just can't stomach paying that lol

Aw, :love:

Great trip report, thanks for sharing! I cannot wait to go for Christmas now, after seeing all the decorations!

Thanks for reading!! You'll definitely have to go!!

Between Storybook Dining and exploring Boulder Ridge, your last night sounds just perfect. WL is on my bucket list and congrats on your stay there in December.

That airport Hyatt is very nice and so convenient. Can't beat your $24 price tag either!

I was in WDW the same exact days you were, but we were not in any of the same parks on any days. I was at Disney Springs on Friday, but gone by the time you arrived. This was my first Christmas visit and certainly not my last. It was beyond special to be there and see all the decorations.

Looking forward to reading about your next trip!

Enjoyed your TR, your last night at WL looks so perfect! The lobby decorations look beautiful.

Thanks for reading! I am so excited to get to stay here this December because the vibe was amazing!!

Between Storybook Dining and exploring Boulder Ridge, your last night sounds just perfect. WL is on my bucket list and congrats on your stay there in December.

That airport Hyatt is very nice and so convenient. Can't beat your $24 price tag either!

I was in WDW the same exact days you were, but we were not in any of the same parks on any days. I was at Disney Springs on Friday, but gone by the time you arrived. This was my first Christmas visit and certainly not my last. It was beyond special to be there and see all the decorations.

Looking forward to reading about your next trip!

It truly was a perfect last evening! I struggle with wanting to be in the parks all the time because that feels like the most value but this was definitely a great way to spend our last night!

Thats too funny! It was a good weekend to be there! Chilly, but honestly that was the weather I was hoping for! Once you go once for Christmas I feel like you have to keep going! Its so magical!

I am catching up on your trip report. And all the christmas stuff is making me excitied to plan our December trip!

47590502802_342694494f.jpg
I love this picture of you both!

They took my phone number and told us we probably wouldn’t be seated for a bit so we went to wander through the stores and got a text as soon as we walked into the store haha
WHy do they do this?

I think it was the first time Dan realized that anyone besides me reads my TRs! :rotfl:
Ha! I know. Sometimes I don't realize how many people read my reports myself.

Loved finally finishing your latest report and look forward to the next one!

Thanks for reading!

I am catching up on your trip report. And all the christmas stuff is making me excitied to plan our December trip!

You will have so much fun! It's a great time of year to go! Especially when you've been at other times during the year, you can focus so much more on the atmosphere and holiday offerings!

I love this picture of you both!

Thank you!

WHy do they do this?

I honestly don't get it! lol like do they really not know our table is going to be ready in less than 5 minutes?

Ha! I know. Sometimes I don't realize how many people read my reports myself.

Haha right???

All caught up. And appranently just in time for you to be done! :(

Thanks for sharing your trip! I sounded like another great trip!

Thanks for reading! It really was a great trip!

I know I'm late to the party but I really enjoyed your trip report. Your last day was perfect.

You report caught my eye since we're booked for Dec 14-21 this year. I hope we enjoy the Christmas Magic as much as you did.

I'm going to hop over to your new report.

I know I'm late to the party but I really enjoyed your trip report. Your last day was perfect.

Thanks for reading!! I feel like I'm always going to be striving for a day as good as that one! lol I definitely need to spend more time in EPCOT, I think that is the lesson I learned that day haha and to slow down!

You report caught my eye since we're booked for Dec 14-21 this year. I hope we enjoy the Christmas Magic as much as you did.

How fun! DH and I will actually be back 12/14-12/18 this year as well! I didn't plan on doing a Disney Christmas trip this year but we just had SUCH a good time that I couldn't not book something!

I'm going to hop over to your new report.

See you there! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!