The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I'm anxiously awaiting my Stila smudgepot to try it out! Can't wait!!!

I also just placed an order with Sephora for the Buxum Lip Gloss in Trixie (I think...lol). The price won out over the LipFusion...

I also ordered the No!No! Hair Remover from them. It was $125, but I figured if it doesn't work, I can return it to any Sephora store within 60 days, but if it DOES work, well it's well worth the money spent! I know it's not make-up, but oh well.... I'll let you know how it goes once I've been using it on a regular basis.

So.... I think I'm all set for purchases for a while. My husband is going to flip next time he looks at the credit card statement... :rolleyes1 I should point him to this thread and show him how much you all spend!!! He'd be very grateful at that point, I think... :rotfl2:

And... I know there was some discussion on the falsies. Well, I bought a few packs of the Ardell Duralash Natural Lashes in medium and long length. These things are GORGEOUS! I just spent a half hour in the bathroom applying them and WOW! Ladies, I have lashes!!!!!!! I only put 4 on each lid...didn't want to overdo it... I'm not even going anywhere tonight, LOL. But they look FABULOUS and NATURAL!! Nobody would ever know I have false lashes on. I can't believe how perfect they are!! I don't think it would take the average female as long as I did to put so few on :laughing: but remember, I have almost non-existant lashes... so I was having trouble finding something to stick these onto, LOL! Hoping they last through the night. I know if I were to put a little tiny bit of mascara on them, they would really pop!! But I'm afraid the mascara brush would take them right off my eyes! People on Amazon talking about the adhesive being like super glue, but didn't seem that way for me... guess again because they weren't really adhering to anything. But anyways, just wanted to share how absolutely thrilled I am with this product!!

Gonna go look in the mirror again! LOL!

Yay Threeboysmom!! congrats on working the falsies. Did you let the glue get tacky before trying to adhere them to your lashline? I know I have to wave them around a bit (maybe 30 seconds) to get the glue a little less fluid.

Happy you are happy though! And please post about the No!No!.

My second addition is lip colors. I cannot believe that some days I wear girly pink - NEVER thought I'd do that as I'm a fair skin brunette. It's like I'm breaking some rules or something!! :)

This is new for me also. I am fair skin brunette also. Well actually I am a natural brunette but I recently went blonde just to try it out.
I also ordered the No!No! Hair Remover from them. It was $125, but I figured if it doesn't work, I can return it to any Sephora store within 60 days, but if it DOES work, well it's well worth the money spent! I know it's not make-up, but oh well.... I'll let you know how it goes once I've been using it on a regular basis.

And... I know there was some discussion on the falsies. Well, I bought a few packs of the Ardell Duralash Natural Lashes in medium and long length. These things are GORGEOUS! I just spent a half hour in the bathroom applying them and WOW! Ladies, I have lashes!!!!!!! I only put 4 on each lid...didn't want to overdo it... I'm not even going anywhere tonight, LOL. But they look FABULOUS and NATURAL!! Nobody would ever know I have false lashes on. I can't believe how perfect they are!! I don't think it would take the average female as long as I did to put so few on :laughing: but remember, I have almost non-existant lashes... so I was having trouble finding something to stick these onto, LOL! Hoping they last through the night. I know if I were to put a little tiny bit of mascara on them, they would really pop!! But I'm afraid the mascara brush would take them right off my eyes! People on Amazon talking about the adhesive being like super glue, but didn't seem that way for me... guess again because they weren't really adhering to anything. But anyways, just wanted to share how absolutely thrilled I am with this product!!

Gonna go look in the mirror again! LOL!

Can't wait to hear about the No!No! Again, I'm a natural brunette, so you know I have hair issues!

I tried false lashes, but I had a hard time with them. Maybe I wasn't letting the glue get tacky like BeenhereB4 said. They looked great, but it was a total pain and the next day I popped most of them off in the shower. I was told at the beauty supply that people who do the small clumps can keep them on for a month. Less than 24 hours for me. I'm a dork!

This is new for me also. I am fair skin brunette also. Well actually I am a natural brunette but I recently went blonde just to try it out.

Can't wait to hear about the No!No! Again, I'm a natural brunette, so you know I have hair issues!

I tried false lashes, but I had a hard time with them. Maybe I wasn't letting the glue get tacky like BeenhereB4 said. They looked great, but it was a total pain and the next day I popped most of them off in the shower. I was told at the beauty supply that people who do the small clumps can keep them on for a month. Less than 24 hours for me. I'm a dork!

How is the NO!NO!different than Nair or other hair removers?

I have a question about makeup remover, and I thought you all would be the people to ask:

What's a good makeup remover that won't dry my skin out, but also won't make me break out? I'm prone to break outs and dry skin, so it's hard to find something that will work.

Hey ya'll!

I haven't been around in a while, so it's good to see this thread is still going strong.:thumbsup2

I got an offer through another website for something called beatyfix.com. It says for $19.99 you get 9 "hot new" cosmetic items (travel to full size). Then you're supposed to give your opinions for the products. It also says you get a $25 glow.com gift card. Has anyone ever heard of this deal or done it? Just wondering if it's a good deal or just a bunch of junky stuff.

Thanks ladies!

Hey ya'll!

I haven't been around in a while, so it's good to see this thread is still going strong.:thumbsup2

I got an offer through another website for something called beatyfix.com. It says for $19.99 you get 9 "hot new" cosmetic items (travel to full size). Then you're supposed to give your opinions for the products. It also says you get a $25 glow.com gift card. Has anyone ever heard of this deal or done it? Just wondering if it's a good deal or just a bunch of junky stuff.

Thanks ladies!

Never heard of it and it sounds fishy to me but then I am always supicious.

Yay Threeboysmom!! congrats on working the falsies. Did you let the glue get tacky before trying to adhere them to your lashline? I know I have to wave them around a bit (maybe 30 seconds) to get the glue a little less fluid.

Happy you are happy though! And please post about the No!No!.

Ah!!!! That's what I was doing wrong!! I had to reapply a couple this morning, plus added a couple more and this really helped! Thanks!

I still think part of my problem is that I don't really have anything for them to adhere to. I notice some of them are just kind of balancing just touching my lid, but not on any lashes... and some of them are hanging on for dear life to one solitary lash of mine, LOL.

Yes, I lost a couple this morning, but I really think it was because they weren't adhered to any lashes of mine. The ones that are on my lashes are on GOOD - they are not going anywhere soon! LOL!

I read that you can't rub your eyes... which means I guess you can't wash your eyes? I'm still struggling with that one. How the heck do I get my make-up off? :) You're also supposed to let your eyes airdry... don't use a towel on them.

Some of the lashes I put on yesterday are still there 24 hours later. I replaced the two I lost during the night (found them on my pillow) and added a few more to each eye. My problem is trying to find my own lashes to actually adhere these to. If I'm successfuly, they're stuck on there for good it seems.... as long as I don't mess with my eyes, that is.

I am still LOVING them. You wouldn't believe the number of times I run to the mirror to admire them! :rotfl2:

How is the NO!NO!different than Nair or other hair removers?

From what I understand, the No!No! applies heat to your hairs (I got it for my legs) which then crystallizes them (ie, burns them, lol). You then take a buffer and rub them off your leg. From what I understand, your legs will still be stubbly the first few times you use it, so you'll still have to shave here and there, but over time... about 2 months.... you should notice a significant decrease in the amount of hair growing back. Anything that reduces hair is worth trying by me! Waxing is painful and MESSY, plus I find the hair grows right back the next day for me anyways so totally not worth it.

I ordered it through Sephora so I have the 60-day return period. If I don't notice any difference in the hair, I'll make sure to return it towards the end of that period.

I have a question about makeup remover, and I thought you all would be the people to ask:

What's a good makeup remover that won't dry my skin out, but also won't make me break out? I'm prone to break outs and dry skin, so it's hard to find something that will work.

I have using and really like Philosophy's Purity. I tend to have dry skin on my cheeks, but normal to oily on my t-zone and this works on both. Even with my dry cheeks, I can't really use a mousterizer because it breaks me out and then I have dry skin with pimples. Which sounds similar to the problem you have. I have not had a problem since using the Purity.

Never heard of it and it sounds fishy to me but then I am always supicious.

I've heard of Beauty Fix, but it was $49.99 every 3 months for the test products. From what I understand, a lot of beauty bloggers are members of this and they then have new products to report on. It sounds cool, and if ever they have more than I am interested in trying, I would maybe consider doing it myself. http://beautyfix.com/

Goodness...I never knew you can keep false lashes on for more than a day! I would put them on in the evening and take them off that night. Who knew??? Honestly though, how do you wash your face then? :confused: Or take off your mascara??? I don't see how the little lash clumps wouldn't come off with the mascara. At least it would the way I do it. That is so strange.

I haven't put false lashes on for a while now, I'll have to dig them out.

MAC.com is having free shipping. I want to order some Viva Glam lipgloss so bad! But I remember you guys saying how long it takes for them to ship. So I'm not going to order. I just hate waiting for my order :mad:

For those who are wondering, the OPI(ate) Hawaiian Orchid is really really really pale. I put two coats of color on and it almost looks like a natural nail. :worried: It's just OK, but not a favorite.

Goodness...I never knew you can keep false lashes on for more than a day! I would put them on in the evening and take them off that night. Who knew??? Honestly though, how do you wash your face then? :confused: Or take off your mascara??? I don't see how the little lash clumps wouldn't come off with the mascara. At least it would the way I do it. That is so strange.

I haven't put false lashes on for a while now, I'll have to dig them out.

Well, I haven't had any trouble washing my face. I just don't do my eyes. The hardest part is with drying because you're supposed to let your eyes airdry... and well, that is tough for me to just blink the water away without rubbing or anything. I will have to find some gentle cloths to spot clean my eye make-up off, I guess.

I haven't tried mascara with the false lashes. I suppose if you put mascara on them, well, the mascara is there to stay for a few weeks, LOL! :rotfl: Hmm... which actually isn't such a bad idea... as long as it doesn't smudge when sleeping...

OPI(ate) makes me mad.

I went and got my nails/toes done. I picked a color they had there. It was OPI(ate) called "Confucius says Coral"

It's perfect. A perfect stunning gorgeous coral color. I thought to myself "I must own this"

Guess what? Discontinued. Like my beloved "My Private Jet"

I have half a mind to do detox from OPI(ate). I just can't handle the emotional pain they put me through. :guilty: ;)

Here - they have it on eBay..... for $29.95. :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OPI-Polish-...0?hash=item334ebc542f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

OPI(ate) makes me mad.

I went and got my nails/toes done. I picked a color they had there. It was OPI(ate) called "Confucius says Coral"

It's perfect. A perfect stunning gorgeous coral color. I thought to myself "I must own this"

I have half a mind to do detox from OPI(ate). I just can't handle the emotional pain they put me through. :guilty: ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OPI-Polish-...0?hash=item334ebc542f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I wonder if some store would still have it, like Ulta or a salon that also sells polish? Maybe the company can tell you what stores/salons bought it to sell? :confused3

Oh, I hate when a product I love gets discontinued. And it seems that as soon as I fall in love with something, that's the kiss of death. I'm waiting for Latisse to be recalled by FDA any day now. :rolleyes: But you know, OPI has so many colors I'd bet you could find something very similar.

Oh and I don't know if anyone remembers but several months ago Cat and I were having a discussion on Lash Injection mascara. I was confused that she said it was waterproof because mine came off very easily when I washed my face. I was wondering if there were two different formulas because I wanted to be sure NOT to get the waterproof. Well, I just bought a new tube the other day and this stuff won't come off!!! :headache: The tube looks exactly the same as the other - no indication whatsoever that one is waterproof and one is not. What is the deal with this mascara??? Did my last 2 tubes come from an 'off' batch last time? :confused3

I just want to thank whoever it was that had the tip about spritzing your kabuki brush after swirling BE powder on it.

I bought a little spray bottle yesterday, and wow, did it make a difference! The coverage is more even, the look is more creamier than a dry powder, and I feel I used less of the powder this way too.

Fabulous!

Thank you :goodvibes

I am one of the Monistat converts. And for a while now it has been working wonderful. But in the past couple of weeks, I notice that the gel flakes off my face. I let it dry completely, so it isn't that. But I have to rub off the flakes before I put my makeup on, which is probably taking the gel off my face in the first place. Anyone having this problem too? I even bought a new container, and it happened again this morning. :confused3

KimR ~ My Lash Injection Mascara still comes off easily with my cleanser. I really don't have to use an eye makeup remover to get it off if I don't want to. Weird!!!

About the lashes staying on more than one day: The lady at the beauty supply told me that is for the clumps only. The strips you take off at night and put back in the case. But like I said, mine all came off in the shower the next day so I either did it wrong or you truely cannot touch your eyes, which I cannot do!

Monistat question: Has anyone gotten this at Wal-Mart? I don't have a Wal-Mart nearby, but I was out doing some shopping with my kids on Monday and we went near a Wal-Mart. I went inside and looked and looked and looked, but I couldn't find it. If you have gotten it there, what products is it by?

I have using and really like Philosophy's Purity. I tend to have dry skin on my cheeks, but normal to oily on my t-zone and this works on both. Even with my dry cheeks, I can't really use a mousterizer because it breaks me out and then I have dry skin with pimples. Which sounds similar to the problem you have. I have not had a problem since using the Purity.

Purity is just like Cetaphil (according to the woman at Philosophy who did my facial) at least she was honest and by being honest she caused me to spend 165 in OTHER products.

I've heard of Beauty Fix, but it was $49.99 every 3 months for the test products. From what I understand, a lot of beauty bloggers are members of this and they then have new products to report on. It sounds cool, and if ever they have more than I am interested in trying, I would maybe consider doing it myself. http://beautyfix.com/

IMHO if they want you to try and report on a product they should be paying YOU not the other way around. I am a member of BzzAgent and they give you products to try for freee as well as the underwear website (no kidding) free underwear to try and write up. I never qualifiy for the underwear (cannot remember the name) site because I guess it is mostly like Hanes and Madenform which I do not use.

Monistat question: Has anyone gotten this at Wal-Mart? I don't have a Wal-Mart nearby, but I was out doing some shopping with my kids on Monday and we went near a Wal-Mart. I went inside and looked and looked and looked, but I couldn't find it. If you have gotten it there, what products is it by?

I haven't looked for it at Wal Mart, but at Target, I found it on the "feminine protection" aisle.

OPI(ate) makes me mad.

CR,

Trust me I am an OPI(ate) snob but I tried the ULta polish and I swear to god it is as good or better. It covers in one coat!! They have tons of corals and reds both of which I love. Check it out I have not steered you wrong yet. .....I may have caused you to spend more money but never wrong:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter