The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CathrynRose

<font color=brown>R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P
Fantastic Links Everyone Needs:

SUNLESS TANNING: http://www.sunless.com/ -lots of great info!!

SEPHORA: http://www.sephora.com - makeup mecca, need we say more?

MONISTAT FACE: http://review-monistat-face-primer.uncensoredguides.com/ - Monistat used as a makeup primer

DISCOUNT HIGH END COSMETICS: http://www.beautycrunch.com/ - changes daily, and sells out quickly

DISCOUNT OPI PRODUCTS: http://www.transdesign.com

MORE DISCOUNT OPI PRODUCTS: http://www.head2toebeauty.com

DICOUNTED PRODUCTS (ALL) : http://www.cosmeticmagic.com

PUFFY EYE STUFF: http://www.revitalume.com

**** if you have more to add, let me know!

Make-up Danger Alert #1:
OH MY WORD! Don't ever eat jalapenos with Buxum lip gloss on!!!!!! Talk about OUCH!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Where is Bella - I will always bow down before her, with her MAC makeup extravaganza. :dance3: :worship:

Will this just be about LIPGLOSS??

I would love a MAKE-UP thread. DS's wedding is in a few months and I would love to read about everyone's make-up purchases, what they like and purchases to stay away from!!

Also cologne...what are your fav's and what are not!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Okay best lipgloss in the world...

Philosophy's Big Mouth. It's a lip plumper, it's shiny, not sticky and stays on forever!!

I also vote for a makeup clique!

Will this just be about LIPGLOSS??

I would love a MAKE-UP thread. DS's wedding is in a few months and I would love to read about everyone's make-up purchases, what they like and purchases to stay away from!!

Also cologne...what are your fav's and what are not!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

No, not just gloss - I just couldnt think of a good title. Any idea's?

What perfume's do you already like?? Like fruity, oriental...what do you tend to gravitate to?

Philosophy's Big Mouth. It's a lip plumper, it's shiny, not sticky and stays on forever!!

I havent tried Philosophy's gloss. I bought, right before XMas Bourjois 3D effects Les Nudes in 35. I LOVE IT! BUT, did you know that whole liine is adios amigo?? Figures.... that gloss is stunning.

YAY MAKEUP CLIQUE!!! :yay:

Does it burn? I tried a plumper once and it turned my lips so red it looked ridiculous.

What perfume's do you already like?? Like fruity, oriental...what do you tend to gravitate to?
I am a huge fan of florals in perfume!!

As far as fruity goes, I really like DKNY Green Apple!

I wear Vera Wang Princess everday but my going out perfume is the classic- Chanel No. 5
:thumbsup2

No, not just gloss - I just couldnt think of a good title. Any idea's?

Well right now when I go out (evening) I wear "Badgley Mischka" and LOVE IT!! Days I usually wear "Dream Angels/Heavenly" from Victoria Secret!!! I would to hear about other DISer's colognes that they have tried and love. My DSis is total Philosophy with the (I think it is called) GRACE line?? Anyway, it is lovely as well.

Also where does everyone buy their make-up...Sephora's, Macy's, Nordstrom's or Walgreens, Target, CVS??? Where is the best value???

I am a huge fan of florals in perfume!!

As far as fruity goes, I really like DKNY Green Apple!

I wear Vera Wang Princess everday but my going out perfume is the classic- Chanel No. 5

I love florals and fruities.

Love -

Laila (the one in Norway - I get a big bottle every year - I have it on now :goodvibes )

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia Di Capri (what a long name!) - Smells like the oranges in Soarin and Horizon. Really nice. Like PURE orange.

YSL - BabyDoll - PinkGrapefruit, pomegranate and floral.

DKNY - Be Delicious - YUM!

CLEAN - Fresh Laundry

Aquolina - Pink Sugar - I go back and forth on this. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I dont.

Escada - Sentiment (I just need a bottle of everything Escada to be in peace :lmao: )

What else do I have... I have to think now....

OH - I have that Ralph Lauren one - HOT (I think) smelled better in the store. Not too happy about it now.

I have more... let me ponder.

Also where does everyone buy their make-up...Sephora's, Macy's, Nordstrom's or Walgreens, Target, CVS??? Where is the best value???

Anywhere - everywhere.

Im a HUGE and I mean HUGE fan of TiGi Bed head's makeup line. If you guys havent tried it, - you should. Their eyeshadow is more pigmented than MAC's. So, I get that at my salon.

Hi everyone...

Well, I'm a former MAC Makeup Artist, so a lot of my stuff came from there (because we "had" to wear the product... and oh, yeah... the 60% discount didn't hurt either... :rotfl: )

Anyway, whenever I'm shopping for makeup, if I'm looking for "department store" brands, I try to go to a CCO. If you don't know what a CCO is, it stands for Cosmetic Company Outlet. You will find them usually wherever there's a Prime Outlets (there's a CCO in the outlets right near WDW). You can get Estee Lauder brands (which includes: MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Origins, and some other stuff that I just can't remember right now...) at 30% off retail prices. It's a good place to find stuff "limited edition" products. Products that are part of a collection that's only (supposedly) available for sale during certain times, after the promotion is over, it gets shipped off to a CCO. You can also find lots of "basics" there too (brushes, foundations, etc, etc).

But, I've come to love certain drug store brands, too. For example, NYX eyeshadows are a very good sub for MAC shadows, and they are only $3.99 per pot. Certain Milani colors are good, too. I've heard good things about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation, but I've never tried it. I love L'oreal Voluminous Mascara. I'm not a big fan of mineral makeup, as I have a hard time finding a brand that has a shade that matches my skin tone (I either end up looking orange, or ghostly).

Um... I think that's it for now...

Oh, yeah... if anyone has any questions about techniques, etc, please feel free to ask (especially as it relates to MAC products).:flower3:

I was wondering what everyone uses to wash their face with. and what other creams or lotions or anti wrinkle things you use? i used roc one time but I can't find it except to order it but i am bad about that stuff. :cutie:

(which includes: MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Origins, and some other stuff that I just can't remember right now...) at 30% off retail prices.

I'm not a big fan of mineral makeup, as I have a hard time finding a brand that has a shade that matches my skin tone (I either end up looking orange, or ghostly).

Stila too. :thumbsup2

Ummm - have you tried www.everydayminerals.com ?

I like them WAY better than Bare Minerals - and theyre cheaper and their color selection is awesome AND you can get a generous free sample to start with for only $4 shipping. :thumbsup2

I love florals and fruities.

Love -

Laila (the one in Norway - I get a big bottle every year - I have it on now :goodvibes )

Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia Di Capri (what a long name!) - Smells like the oranges in Soarin and Horizon. Really nice. Like PURE orange.

YSL - BabyDoll - PinkGrapefruit, pomegranate and floral.

DKNY - Be Delicious - YUM!

CLEAN - Fresh Laundry

Aquolina - Pink Sugar - I go back and forth on this. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I dont.

Escada - Sentiment (I just need a bottle of everything Escada to be in peace :lmao: )

What else do I have... I have to think now....

OH - I have that Ralph Lauren one - HOT (I think) smelled better in the store. Not too happy about it now.

I have more... let me ponder.

Anywhere - everywhere.

Im a HUGE and I mean HUGE fan of TiGi Bed head's makeup line. If you guys havent tried it, - you should. Their eyeshadow is more pigmented than MAC's. So, I get that at my salon.

Wow, CathrynRose...you do love your fragrances!!! I am going to check some of those out for sure!!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone...

Well, I'm a former MAC Makeup Artist, so a lot of my stuff came from there (because we "had" to wear the product... and oh, yeah... the 60% discount didn't hurt either... :rotfl: )

Anyway, whenever I'm shopping for makeup, if I'm looking for "department store" brands, I try to go to a CCO. If you don't know what a CCO is, it stands for Cosmetic Company Outlet. You will find them usually wherever there's a Prime Outlets (there's a CCO in the outlets right near WDW). You can get Estee Lauder brands (which includes: MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Origins, and some other stuff that I just can't remember right now...) at 30% off retail prices. It's a good place to find stuff "limited edition" products. Products that are part of a collection that's only (supposedly) available for sale during certain times, after the promotion is over, it gets shipped off to a CCO. You can also find lots of "basics" there too (brushes, foundations, etc, etc).

But, I've come to love certain drug store brands, too. For example, NYX eyeshadows are a very good sub for MAC shadows, and they are only $3.99 per pot. Certain Milani colors are good, too. I've heard good things about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation, but I've never tried it. I love L'oreal Voluminous Mascara. I'm not a big fan of mineral makeup, as I have a hard time finding a brand that has a shade that matches my skin tone (I either end up looking orange, or ghostly).

Um... I think that's it for now...

Oh, yeah... if anyone has any questions about techniques, etc, please feel free to ask (especially as it relates to MAC products).:flower3:

Thanks, SingingMUA, I have quite number of Malls around me and every time I walk through them, Macy's, Nordstrom's, Sak's....there is ALWAYS a crowd around the MAC counter!!! ::yes::

I was wondering what everyone uses to wash their face with. and what other creams or lotions or anti wrinkle things you use? i used roc one time but I can't find it except to order it but i am bad about that stuff. :cutie:

I use Cetaphil to wash my face and follow up with Oil of Olay "Regenerist Micro-sculpting" cream. It smells so nice. And I use it on my neck as well. I buy both these items in Target. :thumbsup2

Does it burn? I tried a plumper once and it turned my lips so red it looked ridiculous.
I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to lip plumpers too but actually this one did not make me red and itchy. It does tingle a little but that's completely normal--I asked because I was afraid! :laughing:

Well right now when I go out (evening) I wear "Badgley Mischka" and LOVE IT!! Days I usually wear "Dream Angels/Heavenly" from Victoria Secret!!! I would to hear about other DISer's colognes that they have tried and love. My DSis is total Philosophy with the (I think it is called) GRACE line?? Anyway, it is lovely as well.

I'm a philosophy freak and I love the Grace line from philosophy.. Also, Falling In Love smells really good!!

I typically buy my makeup from Target, Wal-Mart, and Nordstrom's but anytime I find something I like, I usually get it.

Like I mentioned I am a philosophy girl and I love their face wash, Purity, it takes everything off, including eye makeup, and makes your skin feel really nice. I also like Cetaphil.

I'm not using anti-wrinkle stuff yet, although I should be, but I use Anthelios (spelling?) as my moisturizer- it's got a pretty high SPF and makes my skin feel really hydrated! :thumbsup2

Can I join in? :flower3: I love shopping for makeup. Lately I've been using Benefit's Maybe Baby perfume, it's light and floral/peachy. I've been nervous about using MAC because Clinique and Estee Lauder make me break out :confused3

thanks everyone :goodvibes I just don't know what to use seems as though anything i use makes me too dry or too oily. but i will try some of these thanks :wizard:

Stila too. :thumbsup2

Ummm - have you tried www.everydayminerals.com ?

I like them WAY better than Bare Minerals - and theyre cheaper and their color selection is awesome AND you can get a generous free sample to start with for only $4 shipping. :thumbsup2

You were the one who first informed me of everyday minerals and now I LOVE them! At first I was just using the foundation and a setter, but now I have eye shadows an blushes too! i love them and would NEVER go back to a liquid foundation.

I also love Lip Venom which I get at Sephora.

I wash my face mostly with the Dove facial wipes that you wet and then they get all sudsy. They have a rough side and a smooth side.

I LOVE perfumes but right now I am mostly wearing Laila from Norway in Epcot.

You were the one who first informed me of everyday minerals and now I LOVE them! At first I was just using the foundation and a setter, but now I have eye shadows an blushes too! i love them and would NEVER go back to a liquid foundation.

I also love Lip Venom which I get at Sephora.

I wash my face mostly with the Dove facial wipes that you wet and then they get all sudsy. They have a rough side and a smooth side.

I LOVE perfumes but right now I am mostly wearing Laila from Norway in Epcot.

I didnt know you were a makeup junkie too!!! :yay: I SO wish you lived closer!!! :hug:

I bought the mini lip venom trio - and I like the gold and the silver - but havent touched the clear - I should send it to you. Ive never been crazy about them - I dont know why I keep buying them. :confused3

Can I join in? :flower3: I love shopping for makeup. Lately I've been using Benefit's Maybe Baby perfume, it's light and floral/peachy. I've been nervous about using MAC because Clinique and Estee Lauder make me break out :confused3

Of course!!! :dance3:

I'm going to do some recruiting. They had TWO makeup thread on the Theme Park board. I'm linking us, over there....

So, Cathryn, you said Sephora was having a sale soon?

How did I miss this? Details, please!! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter