The Magic is Back - Share your Experience! Superthread

Kender

DIS Veteran
Hello hello and welcome back to the magic! That's right, it's APRIL 30, 2021 :hyper: ! And Disneyland is officially reopening today! After over a year, the gates are finally open to the public.... if you have a reservation that is :confused3. It's a whole new world and all of our usual tips and tricks may not work anymore. We need on the ground, first hand information!

We have a lot of the reopening information scattered throughout different threads. And for many of those threads it is starting to deviate from the original purposes of those threads. So! I thought it would be nice to have where we can have mini reports back from people (both on site and already back home) and keep the first few posts updated with relevant information so it can be easily found and looked at. Something akin to the "here now and just back" thread for WDW, but with (hopefully regularly) updated information in the first few posts to help keep people informed without having to sift through all the posts and threads.

This thread will be an ongoing WIP and I will add sections as they come up requested as I'm sure I will not think of everything in this first go round. I am more than happy to take suggestions for things to add and things to improve! Please bear with me as I add information. It might take me a few days to finish updating posts with known information and updated information as people share their experiences.

All needed posts saved! Now to editing :faint:

(note: will be adding more information to this post; this is just quick information of the barebones basics to have something up; in the process of typing up "what's available" and "changed procedures" for rides and dining in the next post)

BASIC KNOW BEFORE YOU GO - How do I return to the land of magic?

TICKETS

Tickets are now available for purchase here (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/)​
One day tickets only follow a tier based calendar. Multi-day tickets do not have date restrictions. Park Hopper tickets are available for purchase as well.​
Important: single day ticket purchases are not the same as a reservation. These are two separate steps even though you click a date during the purchase of a single day ticket.​
Please note that there has been discrepancy between what is said online when purchasing tickets and what is being shared by phone Cast Members and in a recording when calling Disney. WebmasterMaryJo posted the following thread clarifying the issue and that discussion for purchasing tickets (even if out of state) is allowed: A Note About Purchasing Disneyland Tickets Discussions

RESERVATIONS
Reservations are available to be made here (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/entry-reservation/). Beginning June 15, Disney has confirmed that out of state guests will be allowed as guests.
Due to capacity restrictions, a reservation in advance is required to visit either park. The availability calendar can be viewed here (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/av...gments=ticket,ph,resort&defaultSegment=ticket). This link includes three (3) different calendars: single park, park hopper, and Disney hotel guest.​
Please check the calendar prior to purchasing tickets to look for the availability of your dates.​
Dates are released daily on a 60 day rolling basis.​
Important: if you have a multi-day ticket, you must book each day separately.​
You will be emailed a QR code for each reservation you make. These are not available in the app, but your next reservation is viewable on your app (as well as the link to make and manage reservations; also the ability to resend any QR codes) on the main page.​

PROOF OF RESIDENCY
As of May 26, 2021, Disney has issued a statement updating that out of state residents will be welcomed back as guests beginning June 15.
At this time, only California residents are permitted in the parks. Disneyland issued guidance on April 26, 2021 reminding guests to bring proof of residency with them. The Disney Parks Blog article can be found here (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...hecklist-for-your-visit-to-disneyland-resort/).​
Also, be sure you have proof of California residency with you as only California residents may visit the parks at this time. You may be asked to show such proof of residency, as necessary.
California residents should come prepared and expecting to have ID checked so that they are not delayed at the gates if they are asked to show proof of residency.​
Please note: regardless of anecdotal evidence, Disney's official stance is that proof of residency should be brought with you to the gate. Discussion regarding loopholes around this requirement is against the rules.​
Beginning June 15, out of state residents will be welcomed again as guests.

ADDITIONAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Face coverings are required on all Disney property for all guests ages 2 and up. All face coverings must adhere to the following guidelines:​
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and older) and Cast Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine.​
Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming, and remember to not touch your face. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing. Eating and drinking are permitted only in designated dining areas, and are not permitted while queuing or in attractions. Disney reserves the right to require a Guest to leave if they are not properly wearing an approved face covering.​
  • Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
Neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.​
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn.​
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings must:​
  • Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
  • Meet all face covering requirements listed above
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.​

Last edited:

Post saved #5 - will be edited (Final saved post! All clear to post. I will try to get this all edited ASAP!)

After over a year, the gates are finally open to the public.... if you have a reservation that is :confused3.
Reservation?!?! What do you mean "Reservation?!" When did this requirement emerge?! ;-).

Leaving for Disneyland -- I've waited more than a year to say that -- in about 25 minutes. I've always been able to talk my way into or out of anything. Hopefully that's still true today ;-).

Reservation?!?! What do you mean "Reservation?!" When did this requirement emerge?! ;-).

Leaving for Disneyland -- I've waited more than a year to say that -- in about 25 minutes. I've always been able to talk my way into or out of anything. Hopefully that's still true today ;-).

Wishing you a Magical Day !!! Looking forward to you posts and pictures !

We did Cast Member days yesterday and it was incredible! The park looks amazing, so shiny and clean. CMs were very friendly. Mobile ordering went off without a hitch (for us). The longest line was HM at 30 minutes. Most things were a walk-on like Space, Splash, even Peter Pan was only a 10-minute wait. We ate all the things and did over 20,000 steps.

Have fun today everyone!!!! We go back on May 6!

Love this thread already! Thanks for starting it @Kender!

Watching from the sidelines today and will be there on 5/11! Just watched the raising of the flag and a few words from Bob Chapek that Micechat was live streaming. I am willing to admit --- more tears!

Have fun today all our friends who are there today!

Cast members are waving people in, big bunch of suits just before right side , CM's lining Main Street and clapping everyone in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter