The Irish are going to Disneyland.

Opinions please. These are two of the tours I'm thinking of doing on the non disney day but I keep hesitating when I go to book. There is a tiny bit of cross over with them but I do like the sound of both.

and
these both sound good to me, heck I grew up out here and have not seen most of those places:rotfl:we keep saying we want to go and do a tour of hollyweird (not a typo) someday but you see DL is on the way and,,,,,,sorry I can't be of much help there.

My family is the exact same way!

I have some really excellent photos of their backs.

;)
same here we had a hard time explaining to my son in law why he had to take a pic of us at the dsa but big thunder at the magic kingdom last January. told him 'It's a dis thing"

I would love to see the dream suite. LOL.

But if you booked it as nonrefundable then they probably won't refund you. Never say never, but usually in the fine print it says that things can change as needed. Being that it was supposed to open twice now and missed the deadlines there is still a good chance it will be done byt the 26 since that is just under 2 weeks away. But you will have a nice time on the tour anyways. They actually change it all the time too and there are different experiences even in the same week.
Just keep hoping and praying they get this done soon!

I'm not that pushed about the dream suite. They do say things are subject to change but when it's a 109 dollar tour I think they should have the decency to at least mention it on the phone. Fingers and toes crossed it will be ready by the 26th i plan to check one of the days before the tour eitherway and see what they say.

am I reading this right? you're gonna be there next week? how cool is that? I am way late jumping on this tr. feel bad I might have been helpful (ok maybe not but heck I go to DL a few times a month and have learned the parks pretty well by now)
I was wondering the same thing. they are having an annual passholder party on Tuesday night (mickey's bday) what do you give the mouse that has everything? I guess tickets to universal would not be a good idea(sorry I shouldn't have said that) we are hoping to be able to get there around 5 ish and play before they close off the park for the event.
anyway I would think a card or one of those Dublin pins. I have met some folks who are "close personal assistants" to mickey and Minnie and I think they would like that.
I'm not bringing anything now I don't think. People said they won't let you give anything to him.

oh man that stinks. sorry to hear that. on the upside orange county airport is not very far from DL.
It actually changed since then and we're flying to LAX now because Delta cancelled the flight to Atlanta altogether :(

right there with you. so much to see and do. I am that way at DL and WDW. (we live about an hour away from DL and even though we go quite a bit still think about stuff we are missing when we take even a short break while in the parks. we take the granddaughter with us quite often and are discovering all kind of little kid fun.
I have "pool time" planned this year but I can't see me staying by a pool for long.

Ok counter service input coming your way even if it is way late. we like the French market back in New Orleans square. also the carnation place at the end of main street on the tomorrow land side. they start serving lunch at noonish. but if you are in dca and want a quieter counter service head through the exit that goes into the grand Californian. go to the counter service in the GC/ food is made to order, always good. mostly burgers and chicken sandwhiches and some individual pizzas last time I was there. quiet peaceful break from the parks. you can check out the menue when you go to storytellers for your breakfast. (in the same area)

The GC counter service place could be a good place to eat never thought of that. I have picked places and trying to pick places that isn't all "junk" food as Momma calls it.

one last post (sorry not trying to take over just finally caught up)
looks like the weather will be in the mid to low 70's which is normal for here. actually it was pretty nice in the parks yesterday not too hot not too cold. a couple of quick tips. if you have a Disney visa (not sure if they have that in Ireland) there is a private meet and greet back in dca and you get a free pic. you have to pic it up; that day but heck free is free. they rotate characters. usually Minnie daisy and stitch take turns. (we take the granddaughter there every time she is wild for Minnie)
if you don't take the walk in walt;s footsteps (yet another thing this California native has not done yet ) you could try for a ride on the lilly belle that is mrs. Disney's private train car. not the same but p0retty cool none the less. you have to ask when the park opens up at the train station if it is running they take your name and give you a time to come back.
If you are going to meet anna and elsa you need to head back to fantasy land when the park opens and get in line. this is the line for a ticket that tells you when to come back and wait in a short line for the meet and greet. folks were getting upset that the line was hours and hours long so this was the solution. the waits were not bad
pixie hallow is really cool and well done. super cute...at night? AMAZING the meet and greet is closed but the exterior area is amazing.
glad you and momma are heading out to the original house of mouse, if you need any other info feel free to pm me or you can find me on face book too (Betsey whitehead)

looks like the weather will be in the mid to low 70's which is normal for here. actually it was pretty nice in the parks yesterday not too hot not too cold. a couple of quick tips. if you have a Disney visa (not sure if they have that in Ireland) there is a private meet and greet back in dca and you get a free pic. you have to pic it up; that day but heck free is free. they rotate characters. usually Minnie daisy and stitch take turns. (we take the granddaughter there every time she is wild for Minnie)
if you don't take the walk in walt;s footsteps (yet another thing this California native has not done yet ) you could try for a ride on the lilly belle that is mrs. Disney's private train car. not the same but p0retty cool none the less. you have to ask when the park opens up at the train station if it is running they take your name and give you a time to come back.
If you are going to meet anna and elsa you need to head back to fantasy land when the park opens and get in line. this is the line for a ticket that tells you when to come back and wait in a short line for the meet and greet. folks were getting upset that the line was hours and hours long so this was the solution. the waits were not bad
pixie hallow is really cool and well done. super cute...at night? AMAZING the meet and greet is closed but the exterior area is amazing.
glad you and momma are heading out to the original house of mouse, if you need any other info feel free to pm me or you can find me on face book too (Betsey whitehead)

Thanks for the info bout the Lilly Belle never would have known to do that but will definately try it :) I've been watching the weather as well so far we've one day of rain forecast but sure it's currently flooding outside so i'm sure the California rain isn't going to bother me :rotfl2:

I thought the lilly belle stopped doing that now? I thought it was only for private events now?

just checked the 10 day forecast and the chances of rain are pretty low thank goodness. as far as that goes you will be great we have a different idea of what "rain" is out here. we are sissies to say the least. on your early entry days you may want to hit toy story in dca (you must however get a fast pass for racers in cars land) there will be a line for the fp but it goes quickly and if you do that first you get a fairly early return time so don't let that line scare you off. even if momma does not want to go get two and go twice it is a great ride. not too scary at all so she should be able to handle it ok.

just checked the 10 day forecast and the chances of rain are pretty low thank goodness. as far as that goes you will be great we have a different idea of what "rain" is out here. we are sissies to say the least. on your early entry days you may want to hit toy story in dca (you must however get a fast pass for racers in cars land) there will be a line for the fp but it goes quickly and if you do that first you get a fairly early return time so don't let that line scare you off. even if momma does not want to go get two and go twice it is a great ride. not too scary at all so she should be able to handle it ok.

She won't get early entry to DCA as she is staying offsite.

oh I thought that some of the good neighbor hotels had early entry oppsie sorry for that info.
either way you want to get that fp for rsr first thing

oh I thought that some of the good neighbor hotels had early entry oppsie sorry for that info.

GN hotels get 1 day early entry for DL, but only onsite get unlimited Early entry and to both parks

First off I has news on the Walk in Walt's footsteps front. They still "cannot say if the apartment will be available" but someone from guest services finally replied to my mail and she said that the tours people should have given a refund but that either way on the day if I want a refund they should give it if there's no apartment so now just fingers and toes crossed that that apartment is open when i'm there.

On a side note does Saving Mr. Banks make anyone else cry buckets of tears like every single time they watch it lol. Been doing a Disney movie a day for the last 30 or so days and that was tonights movie and like pass the Kleenex!

I don't think she wants to do RSR at all so I'm going to use the single rider line as well as fast passes for that. Never been on Toy Story Mania in Florida. I might try it at DCA but will prob depend on the length of the line.. Little Mermaid however I shall be on that. Ach I wanted to be Ariel when I was little :lovestruc.

The weather forecast is confusing me. I looked on wunderground and it shows rain for Tuesday and Wednesday although that keeps changing and on my phone the weather is showing up sun, sun and sun :) I'm just going to go with whatever it's doing outside the window when I get up each day. If it rains it rains it's nothing I'm not used to like I said I'm currently preparing a boat (okay maybe not) to get around we've had that much rain today alone lol

Yeah Jen's right I only get 1 magic morning early entry whatever it's called and can only use it in Disneyland so was planning on using it on the Saturday and heading straight to Anna and Elsa for fastpasses then Peter Pan!

:woohoo:

You are getting close!

Sounds like the last few things are falling into place. Glad to hear that you shouldn't have a problem getting a refund on the tour if the apartment is not included.

Have a fantastic time!

:woohoo:

You are getting close!

Sounds like the last few things are falling into place. Glad to hear that you shouldn't have a problem getting a refund on the tour if the apartment is not included.

Have a fantastic time!

Thanks, I know. I'm all anxiously excited although I'll prob cry when my babies (my doggies) go off to the kennels. One of them loves going, he came from the pound so it doesn't really bother him going off to the kennels but the other one gets really upset and tries to run away every time the man comes to collect them :( He just wants to be with his humans

whoever it was that suggested the "ear planes" you are genius!

I'm so glad the trip is finally here for you. Have a lovely time!

Still here & so excited for you! Are you already on the way? Have an awesome time and enjoy every moment!!! :cool1::hyper::banana::woohoo::yay:

Have a wonderful trip Emma...I will be following along on FB!

I'm so glad the trip is finally here for you. Have a lovely time!

Have fun!!

Still here & so excited for you! Are you already on the way? Have an awesome time and enjoy every moment!!! :cool1::hyper::banana::woohoo::yay:

Have a great trip! I hope you are feeling better than when we last chatted.
Thanks everyone. I got here Monday night bout nine. Was in the main park and the night ended in many tears. Have been coughing a lot and now have no voice but up til that point yesterday was great. We went to the chemist and got a cough bottle. On the plus side though breakfast was so much fun with kenai and koda and they're giving out 20% off vouchers in some of the counter service places so that's always good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter