The Irish are going to Disneyland.

petals

Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!
Okie so work want to know my hotel plans like tomorrow so need to do super quick research on Disneyland to see if we can make it

Where is best to stay?
When does Christmas stuff start?
Is October or November better?
What airport is closest?
How many days are needed for the Disney?
Whats the weather like
What is there to do in the area or nearby for non driving

Index:
Introductions
We're booked
Trip to the Disney store #1
Semi Schedule
Life update
St. Patrick's day disney display
More questions
Birthday time!
Life update
So many questions!
I gots tickets
Results are here!!!
150 days to go!
150 days part 2
Suggest a counter service
It's all off!
Double Digit Dance
Life and trip stuff

See my answers below...

Okie so work want to know my hotel plans like tomorrow so need to do super quick research on Disneyland to see if we can make it

Where is best to stay? THIS IS A VERY TOUGH QUESTION TO ANSWER AS EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT IDEAS! MANY PEOPLE THINK STAYING ONSITE I BEST, BUT MANY ALSO FEEL THAT OFFSITE IS BETTER, CLOSER AND MUCH CHEAPER. WE WOULD NEED A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT IT IS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN ORDER TO GIVE YOU SOME SPECIFIC HOTEL IDEAS!

When does Christmas stuff start? THE CHRISTMAS SEASON USUALLY BEGINS AROUND THE 12TH OR SO OF NOVEMBER, COULD BE A LITTLE EARLIER OR A LITTLE LATER, BUT AROUND THAT TIME.

Is October or November better? EARLY NOVEMBER WILL HAVE LESS CROWDS. OCTOBER GETS VERY BUSY NOW DUE TO THE HALLOWEEN CELEBRATIONS AND ONCE THE CHRISTMAS SEASON STARTS IN NOVEMBER IT GETS BUSIER, ESPECIALLY AT THANKSGIVING.

What airport is closest? THECLOSEST ARE JOHN WAYNE (SNA) AND LONG BEACH, BUT COMING FROM IRELAND I WOULD THINK YOUR BEST BET ON A FLIGHT WOULD BE INTO LAX.

How many days are needed for the Disney? FOR A FIRST TIMER I WOULD SAY 4-5

Whats the weather like? IT VARIES. IN OCTOBER IT CAN BE VERY HOT OR VERY COOL. THE WEATHER IN SO CAL IS QUITE STTRANGE.

What is there to do in the area or nearby for non driving? THERE IS DOWNTOWN DISNEY, WHICH HAS SHOPPING, PLACES TO EAT AND A MOVIE THEATER AND ACROSS THE STREET AND DOWN A BIT IS THE GARDENWALK WHICH ALSO HAS SHOPS AND PLACES TO EAT

Hope this helps!

Thanks. We would probably stay off site because we like cheaper.

Flights are looking cheaper in November as well.

From Ireland our airport options are LAX, Orange County and Burbank. Orange County seems cheapest.

How far away is Los Angeles if we wanted to do something non Disney and what's there to do there. We have one Disney fan in the party and one who is bored in Disney so needs convincing there's lots of other stuff to do on non disney days..

And we like to shop so where are the nearest outlets?

I should probably do introductions before this goes any further...

So there's me the 28 year old Disney lover from Ireland lol. We've been to Florida 5 times now. Once back when I was 10, twice with an Irish dance school I was in when we danced in Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios Citywalk and Hard Rock Cafe and Kennedy Space Centre in 2005 and 2008 and then my Momma and I went back to Florida in 2010 for MNSSHP and in 2011 for MVMCP.
We've also been to Disneyland Paris twice. 2001 and 2002 with the dance school again dancing in the Disneyland main park and then in 2012 Momma and I went back and while we enjoyed it there was many many many rude people and well never again was pretty much the verdict.
2013 I had no Disney trip :( I was very sad. I was however in the chorus of a production of Beauty and the Beast with the local musical society and my birthday just so happened to fall right during show week and some of the wonderful chorus ladies brought me in a Disney princess cake:

I still have the Belle and Rose off that cake as well.. :) (I refused to let people eat Belle or the Rose while the show was on so sprayed them with hairspray and kept them safe in a little tin)
Disney has been one of my three happy things for the past few years. Lots of bad stuff happened so I wasn't a very happy bunny and was a little bit sick because of all the bad stuff. Music, dancing and Disney made me smile.

Coming with me will be Momma who is not a huge Disney fan. She likes it and enjoys seeing the parks. Loves Dopey and the dwarves but I think most of the reason she comes is to make me happy.

Then I also have my little trip mascot who comes everywhere with me Angel. This is him in Paris:

{Momma and I don't have forum face pictures.. I'm on facebook for that! :)}

I enjoyed the intros. I'm so glad that you are going to be able to get to a Disney park this year.

Can't stop looking up stuff related to California and Disneyland ha...

Has anyone ever done a tour of Hollywood with star line tours?

Also I have an extra day with nothing to do any suggestions on what else we can do besides Disney, shop and tour Hollywood?

Can't stop looking up stuff related to California and Disneyland ha...

Has anyone ever done a tour of Hollywood with star line tours?

Also I have an extra day with nothing to do any suggestions on what else we can do besides Disney, shop and tour Hollywood?

If you like thrill rides Six Flags MM has one of the top coaster collections in the world. Definitely a different atmosphere though. Knott's also has a few nice thrill rides and a better atmosphere. There is also Universal Studios within driving distance.

If you like thrill rides Six Flags MM has one of the top coaster collections in the world. Definitely a different atmosphere though. Knott's also has a few nice thrill rides and a better atmosphere. There is also Universal Studios within driving distance.

We're kinda Small World type of rides people :goodvibes

We might do Seaworld. Not sure what else is around. :confused3

AGH it's booked, it's booked :) :hyper::dance3::yay::cool1::banana:

So details as such... I'm not allowed say exact dates for security reasons blah blah but we're going around November sometime for 10 ish days :)

Two days will be flying and what a flight. I thought Florida was bad with its 9 hour flight yeah well for California we leave Ireland and fly to Atlanta first which is 9 hours then get a flight to Orange County which will be another 4.5 hours. I'm bored already! Still though it's taking me to Mickey's House so I won't complain much!

We're staying "off property" in a good neighbour hotel the Castle Inn and Suites which looks really cool. I borrowed this off their facebook page:

Only other thing I know right now is we will have a 5 day ticket to disney and 4 days to find other stuff to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter