The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

We were stuck in 1008 last month and, for us, it was the worst location, Crest O the Wave, we have ever had for a pool/garden view at BWV. This room is directly across the hall from the DVC model and near nothing but Jellyrolls and S&D resorts.

Our requests were lobby floor, near elevator, or Village Green view. Clearly not one request was granted and the room was not ready until after 4. While we were there, these rooms were being cleaned first thing every morning of our stay, so not sure why our wait was so long for the room. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. :confused3

As I said, worst room location ever for us and BWV is usually very accommodating when we place requests. Luck ran out this trip.

I never get anywhere near what I request at BWV. I've either gotten my exact request or really close at VGF, BLT, and Kidani. I wasn't anywhere close to my request for Poly, but I think there was a glitch as we didn't get our room until after 6 and we had to go to the front desk for it.

We just got back from our very first stay at Boardwalk Villas. We bought our points without even staying there before. WE LOVED IT! We had a pool view which we were crossing our fingers for. All the food choices for us were perfect. Abracadabra was tons of fun. We had a good time at Leaping Libations and enjoyed a pretzel. The ability to walk into Epcot may have been a game changer. Now we are debating switching our huge family trip that is booked at AKL-K to Boardwalk (lol). I know totally understand why people love BWV so much. I cannot wait to get back.

We just got back from our very first stay at Boardwalk Villas. We bought our points without even staying there before. WE LOVED IT! We had a pool view which we were crossing our fingers for. All the food choices for us were perfect. Abracadabra was tons of fun. We had a good time at Leaping Libations and enjoyed a pretzel. The ability to walk into Epcot may have been a game changer. Now we are debating switching our huge family trip that is booked at AKL-K to Boardwalk (lol). I know totally understand why people love BWV so much. I cannot wait to get back.
Glad you had such a great experience! Welcome home!

and yes - the walk into Epcot really is a game changer....

So glad you had such a great stay. How many people are going on your family trip? Honestly if you have a large group I would change it for sure. I just think being within walking distance to 2 parks would be so much easier with a lot of people.

New BWV owner here. We will have our first DVC stay this month but it'll be at SSR as that's all we could get for our dates... (2 BR so I'm not complaining!) but also just booked our spring break trip for BWV for April. So excited to finally get to stay there as DVC owners!

New BWV owner here. We will have our first DVC stay this month but it'll be at SSR as that's all we could get for our dates... (2 BR so I'm not complaining!) but also just booked our spring break trip for BWV for April. So excited to finally get to stay there as DVC owners!
Been there! We have ended up at SSR a couple of times when we couldn't get our dates. That said, we like SSR alot - love the clay tennis courts, spa/gym, and easy walk over to Disney Springs... having to take a bus to every park? ...not as much.

We are staying at BWV in about a month for the first time in 11 years and couldn't be more excited to heading 'home'. It is going to be awesome with Food and Wine at EPCOT going on!

So why 11 years between stays at BWV? Well, we have been having fun exploring the other properties at WDW as well as Aulani and the Grand Californian (3 times at VGC). It's good being a DVC member!!!

Been there! We have ended up at SSR a couple of times when we couldn't get our dates. That said, we like SSR alot - love the clay tennis courts, spa/gym, and easy walk over to Disney Springs... having to take a bus to every park? ...not as much.

We are staying at BWV in about a month for the first time in 11 years and couldn't be more excited to heading 'home'. It is going to be awesome with Food and Wine at EPCOT going on!

So why 11 years between stays at BWV? Well, we have been having fun exploring the other properties at WDW as well as Aulani and the Grand Californian (3 times at VGC). It's good being a DVC member!!!
we have owned DBC at Boardwalk for quite a few years. food and wine is 1 of the reasons we love it. ability to walk to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios is a bonus

we have owned DBC at Boardwalk for quite a few years. food and wine is 1 of the reasons we love it. ability to walk to EPCOT or Hollywood Studios is a bonus
YES! This is exactly why we bought BWV with only 19 years left....F&W! I cannot wait to book our first F&W trip next year. We're going to try to squeeze it in between volleyball and basketball season so the kids can go, too. Husband and I did F&W for our 20th anniversary and loved it.

Can anyone who has stayed recently confirm that pack and plays are in the studio rooms or do I need to request it? Also, do they give you sheets for it? TIA!! Can’t wait to take my son on his first Disney trip!

Can anyone who has stayed recently confirm that pack and plays are in the studio rooms or do I need to request it? Also, do they give you sheets for it? TIA!! Can’t wait to take my son on his first Disney trip!
You will need to request a pack n play. They no longer keep them in the rooms. That's another change thanks to COVID. Sheets are provided.

I'll try asking this here first. For the BWV sofa beds is a simple mattress pad/cover enough or is a topper/egg crate style pad needed.

This is for adult aged kids.

While I'm asking, since we don't want to pack one, what are some of the better options to have delivered? My first inclinations would be Amazon or Target.

We just bought BWV because I insisted, but my husband are adamant Saratoga lovers. We have stayed in 6 DVC resorts and SSR is still their favourite.

If you are looking for food and wine, then Jikos is a good option.
Flying Fish also had a really nice wine list with their food.
If you just want wine, Wine Bar George will make him blush. Amazing list of wine by the glass or flights. And VERY knowledgeable staff.

I'll try asking this here first. For the BWV sofa beds is a simple mattress pad/cover enough or is a topper/egg crate style pad needed.

This is for adult aged kids.

While I'm asking, since we don't want to pack one, what are some of the better options to have delivered? My first inclinations would be Amazon or Target.
My DS who is 21 has slept on that sofa bed many times! It is a standard pull out couch mattress. He has never found it uncomfortable. One thing I will point out is that the AC in that room blows out right in front of that couch!! We always request a couple of extra blankets because he does get cold. He never complains about being uncomfortable otherwise though.

We just bought BWV because I insisted, but my husband are adamant Saratoga lovers. We have stayed in 6 DVC resorts and SSR is still their favourite.
Huh… we had bought at SSR and hated it. Suppose that’s why there’s so many different resorts. Everyone has a different favorite

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter