The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

When we have P/G view booked, I ask for a view of the quiet pool, because the afternoon activities at the Luna Park pool can be exceedingly loud and completely ruin a nice afternoon nap. If napping is not an issue for your family and you don't mind that noise, you can request a view of the Luna Park pool.

Unfortunately, there are no 2BR villas with the lovely Village Green view. That's mostly dedicated studios, with a single dedicated 1BR on each floor.
It would be a lot quieter if they figured out how to reseal the balcony doors. Try gently pulling and holding the door in the closed position and for those few seconds - no noise!

Signage Installed for The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk

1716500376590.png

1716500338170.png

Last edited:
As an aside, it does look like there was a food truck there when the crest o the wave photos were taken.

We had a wonderful (though too short) 4 night stay over this long weekend. as photos here have shown, scaffolding along the Crest of the Wave section was down as of yesterday. The restrooms in the breezeway close to the Luna Park Pool were closed off for work beginning yesterday. The staff on property is awesome, especially Kirk at the front desk, Al at bell services, and all the recreation cast members.

Our assigned room was a P/G studio on the first floor and was a room that still had a sofa bed. We would have made it work of course, but went back to the front desk to ask if it was possible to be moved to a room with the Murphy bed. Kirk was happy to check for me and I was really appreciative that they were able to move us to another P/G studio that had the Murphy. I realize this probably makes me sound high maintenance that I asked to move, and that was my mistake in misunderstanding the number of studios that still did not have the Murphy installed. Hopefully those rooms all have the sofa beds replaced soon! I made time to give several cast compliments over our stay, including Kirk and Al for their help on our arrival day.

I thought the refurbished rooms were well done overall. The cabinet door underneath the sink was off its hinges when we entered the room, and I let the desk know the following day. Maintenance came while we were at the parks and repaired. There was only one USB port (possible I missed one) which surprised me since the refurbed rooms at BRV seemed to have far more (also possible I am misremembering).

This was our first time on the DVC side of the property and hopefully will not be our last if I can make it work at the 7 month window 🤩🤞

We had a wonderful (though too short) 4 night stay over this long weekend. as photos here have shown, scaffolding along the Crest of the Wave section was down as of yesterday. The restrooms in the breezeway close to the Luna Park Pool were closed off for work beginning yesterday. The staff on property is awesome, especially Kirk at the front desk, Al at bell services, and all the recreation cast members.

Our assigned room was a P/G studio on the first floor and was a room that still had a sofa bed. We would have made it work of course, but went back to the front desk to ask if it was possible to be moved to a room with the Murphy bed. Kirk was happy to check for me and I was really appreciative that they were able to move us to another P/G studio that had the Murphy. I realize this probably makes me sound high maintenance that I asked to move, and that was my mistake in misunderstanding the number of studios that still did not have the Murphy installed. Hopefully those rooms all have the sofa beds replaced soon! I made time to give several cast compliments over our stay, including Kirk and Al for their help on our arrival day.

I thought the refurbished rooms were well done overall. The cabinet door underneath the sink was off its hinges when we entered the room, and I let the desk know the following day. Maintenance came while we were at the parks and repaired. There was only one USB port (possible I missed one) which surprised me since the refurbed rooms at BRV seemed to have far more (also possible I am misremembering).

This was our first time on the DVC side of the property and hopefully will not be our last if I can make it work at the 7 month window 🤩🤞
Happy to hear that you had a good trip and pleased to know that Kirk is still there. We must have missed him on our past few stays at BW. I was afraid he had moved on. He's given us gracious service on many trips to BW and previously when he was at WL.

Happy to hear that you had a good trip and pleased to know that Kirk is still there. We must have missed him on our past few stays at BW. I was afraid he had moved on. He's given us gracious service on many trips to BW and previously when he was at WL.
Kirk is amazing🙌 I also must have missed him our last two trips. He literally made magic happen for our party of 12 a few years back when Disney had messed up a couple of things with our Magic Band delivery etc.. also had an unbelievable experience with one of the newer managers there this past February. Love, love BWV!

He was truly amazing. I felt silly immediately going back to the desk to ask about the Murphy bed, and he was truly amazing. My kids were in awe of him.

BWV has quickly become my favorite resort on property ...I own at SSR and VGF, but had stayed at Boardwalk on the Inn side before. Have alerts set up for contracts for sale in my UY ...hoping I will be an owner in the not too distant future!
Kirk is amazing🙌 I also must have missed him our last two trips. He literally made magic happen for our party of 12 a few years back when Disney had messed up a couple of things with our Magic Band delivery etc.. also had an unbelievable experience with one of the newer managers there this past February. Love, love BWV!

Last edited:
Question for the BWV experts. We have a 1 bedroom villa garden/pool view booked for 6 nights in early September. I went on the MDE chat this evening to request a room with a Murphy bed, since I am reading that a few 1 bedrooms still have the sofa beds. I’ll be sleeping on the Murphy bed. I find the Murphy beds easier on my back. I have lower back issues. The cast member said she added the request, but that none of the rooms in this category have Murphy beds. Is the cast member misinformed or am I missing something?

Question for the BWV experts. We have a 1 bedroom villa garden/pool view booked for 6 nights in early September. I went on the MDE chat this evening to request a room with a Murphy bed, since I am reading that a few 1 bedrooms still have the sofa beds. I’ll be sleeping on the Murphy bed. I find the Murphy beds easier on my back. I have lower back issues. The cast member said she added the request, but that none of the rooms in this category have Murphy beds. Is the cast member misinformed or am I missing something?
AFAIK, all of the refurbished 1 bedrooms at BWV will have a queen Murphy bed in the living room. All rooms should be refurbished long before September, so it sounds like the CM either didn't understand your question or was looking at the information currently on the website for the BWV. I do not think the website gets updated until the refurbishment is totally completed. I really do not think you have anything to worry about.

I agree with CarolMN that the CM misunderstood or was mistaken. Some years ago we had a GV reserved, and I called MS to request one that was single story because we had a toddler with us. The CM said she’d note the request, but that only 2 of the 7 GV at BWV were single story. She was mistaken - it’s the opposite, 5 are single story and 2 are two stories - and of course what did we get but a 2 story GV :headache:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter