The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Hi! We're staying at the BW for the first time in August. We have a Standard View Studio Villa. We'd like to be close to the Luna Pool. Is there a certain room number or area I should request? Thanks!

Hi! We're staying at the BW for the first time in August. We have a Standard View Studio Villa. We'd like to be close to the Luna Pool. Is there a certain room number or area I should request? Thanks!

Close to lobby is likely the best choice. All the standard studios are basically on the south side of the lobby so the closer to the lobby the closer to the pool you want.

Be aware that for cash reservations, standard view is the same as pool/garden view for DVC points reservations, so basically facing the two pools and the croquet court (towards Swolphin), with a few facing the Village Green. For a DVC reservation, standard view looks at the parking lot and front entrance of the building.

We are staying at DVC preferred studio in Jan 2020 and would love to request a Boardwalk view. Any ideas on what room or area to request?
Also we are renting points from someone else do we need to pay for parking?
One more...for the boat to Epcot and Hollywood studios would I have to fold up my stroller? I'm travelling with 18 month old twins and that would make my decision to walk or boat easier.
Thank you.

We are staying at DVC preferred studio in Jan 2020 and would love to request a Boardwalk view. Any ideas on what room or area to request?
One more...for the boat to Epcot and Hollywood studios would I have to fold up my stroller? I'm travelling with 18 month old twins and that would make my decision to walk or boat easier.
Thank you.
Boardwalk view is a booking category for DVC points reservations, so if your confirmation doesn’t say Boardwalk view then you’ll have a pool/garden view. Both are considered preferred view for DVC points reservations.

You should not have to pay for parking, since your reservation is being “paid for“ with DVC points. Member fees on those points pay for parking.

I’m not completely certain about folding up strollers on the Friendship boats, but I do not believe you have to. However hopefully someone else with definite knowledge will chime in here!

Thank you.

If you aren't directed to the back of the Friendship boat head that way. There's open space there for strollers, wheelchairs etc.

The 2021 DVC points chart for BWV has boardwalk/preferred view as one category. When you book (I'm not an owner...yet!) are there separate boardwalk and garden view categories?

The 2021 DVC points chart for BWV has boardwalk/preferred view as one category. When you book (I'm not an owner...yet!) are there separate boardwalk and garden view categories?

Yes there are separate and you choose when booking. Std goes first, BWV goes second, and Garden goes last typically.

Thanks! And Garden and BWV are the same amount of points? That seems odd to me. I would think the BWV would be higher.
When BWV first opened, there was one booking category called Preferred and another one called Standard. A Boardwalk view was a request only, under the Preferred category. After several temper tantrums and meltdowns at the front desk when people did not get their requested Boardwalk view, DVC separated the Preferred category into Boardwalk view and Pool/Garden view bookable categories, but they did not change the points requirements. That’s why they are the same.

When BWV first opened, there was one booking category called Preferred and another one called Standard. A Boardwalk view was a request only, under the Preferred category. After several temper tantrums and meltdowns at the front desk when people did not get their requested Boardwalk view, DVC separated the Preferred category into Boardwalk view and Pool/Garden view bookable categories, but they did not change the points requirements. That’s why they are the same.
Interesting, thanks!

Anyone who has stayed at the villas this year......................................

Do you remember if there was enough soap and shampoo? Or did you need to get more?

I have 2 studios and 2 2-bedrooms full of people going.

Anyone who has stayed at the villas this year......................................

Do you remember if there was enough soap and shampoo? Or did you need to get more?

I have 2 studios and 2 2-bedrooms full of people going.
If they're full of people you will likely need to ask for more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter