The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

We love BWV, this is pretty much the only resort my DH want to stay at. The location is great and the views from the BW rooms IMHO can't be beat. The views from P/G and standard rooms aren't bad either. Overall this is a really nice place to stay, glad it's my home. :)

We are checking in for the first time as owners in just 16 days. We have rented at BCV but ended up hanging out here with our kids far more on our stay. We even hiked it over from AoA on our last trip in July (AP discount add-on trip) to ride the bike and get ice cream. We can't wait to get more acquainted with this resort and I love being such a short walk from WS.

We have owned at Boardwalk for several years and love it for F&W. Love being able to walk to EPCOT and HS.
Some years we get a room close to where we prefer, other years not so close.
It just seems the hallways can go on and on. While we are not in the room that much, it just seems how far you walk to the room can be a bit much.
Enjoy the pool.

They installed a skyway tram, the Skyliner. It's in the air between BWV and EPCOT, so you'll see it whether you take it or not. It's pretty cool. Lands at IGW. Some of the restaurants may have changed.

Oh, and there's this virus-thing ... :D

ETA: Fixed error in Skyway travel route

Last edited:

Has anyone stayed at BWV or the other resorts there since the skyliner started running. One of the great benefits of staying at BWV was being able to enter Epcot through the International Gateway and not having to deal with a lot of crowds. I'm wondering how it has been since the skyliner

Yes! we stayed during F&W last year (October 2019).
They had just opened the new security checkpoint. It was definitely busier than previously - had to wait 10-15 minutes to get through security more than once. It was not horrendously bad though.

Afternoon food rush was much busier than other times

Has anyone stayed at BWV or the other resorts there since the skyliner started running. One of the great benefits of staying at BWV was being able to enter Epcot through the International Gateway and not having to deal with a lot of crowds. I'm wondering how it has been since the skyliner
We were there during Festival of the Arts in January, and it was only slightly busier at International Gateway than it had been prior to the Skyliner opening. It is still much faster to go through International Gateway than the front entrance to Epcot.

We were there for Thanksgiving. Definitely busier / more crowded at the IG than before.

The actual bag check and entry scan wasn't horrible, though we had APs and used AP entry.

They had several characters around just inside and it was causing uncomfortable crowds (IMO).

In short, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it could be, but it's disappointing compared to what it used to be. I think for people that never experienced how it was, it will still seem great. Then there are those of us that know what we're missing.

I love the Boardwalk! It is my favorite location so close to Epcot and even DHS is not a long walk. My husband and I bought points just for Food and Wine trips! (Going this year even if there is no Food and Wine though!) Also love the theme of the Boardwalk - love evenings strolling the boardwalk and watching the entertainers. And I can't forget I love Jellyrolls!

Hi, we where there this past January and the first part of our trip was over MLK day, IG was crazy busy. Later in our trip IG wasn't bad at all. So I guess it depends on when you go how busy IG will be. We rode the Skyliner several times, nice change of pace to get to HS if your not in a big hurry. We stopped at RV and checked that resort out, good place to get a bite to eat or an adult beverage.

I just wanted to add that you can see the Skyliner from the standard view rooms, a very nice addition to the view in my opinion. Also you can see when the Skyliner is having a bad day, meaning its having problems running correctly. One day we could see the gondolas just hanging in the air for 20-40 mins before starting up again. We were in the room for a good part of the day and this went on all day. We had planned on taking it to RV for dinner but decided to change our plans as we didn't want to get "stuck" in one of the gondolas...

Twenty years of owning 2 contracts at BWV....Going almost every year...next year 2020 12 family members...Love to stretch those points booking 11 mths out..Standard views...Walking and boating to 2 parks is priceless....The 5 grand kids have been raised in Disney..all over 23 now...we have rarely stayed anywhere else..they all love it...there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts