The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Nancy

I believe it was October 2005 MooseMeet during Hurricane Wilma. Remember our private viewing of IllumiNations when it was raining so hard the rain extinguished the fireworks before they could go off...then all we had was smoke and steam. I have never laughed so hard in my life walking back to the viewing area in all the rain and lightning. I just knew I was going to die.

I have never been so happy to own at BWV when we were able to be back in our room in 10 minutes.

Oh what a night!

Beckie

I just put in for a BWV contract. Now I'm more excited than ever. I hope I get it! I love the idea of being able to walk to parks. DH really doesn't like to ride the bus. On our last visit to the YC he even walked through Epcot in order to ride the monorail to the MK and always walked to Epcot and MGM rather than taking the boat. He actually beat us when we rode the boat.

I'll take the scary clown and all!:goodvibes I love the Kiester Coaster! I love the theming, hallways, location and all! Can't wait to go back. I really hope to be there at Christmas some year!

I just put in for a BWV contract. Now I'm more excited than ever. I hope I get it! I love the idea of being able to walk to parks. DH really doesn't like to ride the bus. On our last visit to the YC he even walked through Epcot in order to ride the monorail to the MK and always walked to Epcot and MGM rather than taking the boat. He actually beat us when we rode the boat.

ROFR PD on it's way!!!!

The BWV is the best place simply in the world. We bought at BCV and SSR but when we were ready to add on again, I had no interest in any other hotel.

The Boardwalk is the amazing. I can feel the atmosphere and hear the sounds. Just a short stroll to the countries of Epcot.

Amen! :thumbsup2

The Boardwalk rocks! :love: -- and I miss it every day! :guilty:

My people, I have found you!!!
There is something so special about the Boardwalk Villas.
I love the cheerful colors in the rooms, the crisp blues and whites especially.
Walking down the "long hall way" I can hear the joke my brother made the first time we stayed there. He pretended to pick up a stick and drag it down the railing slats painted on the hallway walls, making the "thump thump thump" noise all the way to our room.
The best part of all is the view of the Spaceship Earth all lit up from your bedroom window.
I love the rolling piano on the Boardwalk.
I love walking to EPCOT and walking back from MGM.
I love the good humor everyone shares there, from the door man to the front desk people and even the other guests.
And the atmosphere is relaxed but not sloppy, elegant but not stuffy, friendly but not intrusive.
It is such a wonderful place.

We just got back from 12 magical days in a Boardwalk view 2-Bedroom villa for Christmas. (We also stayed a few nights at the Grand Floridian at the beginning of our trip, and it just can't compare to BWV!) We usually stay in a standard view BWV room to save on points, but now we are just spoiled rotten. I don't know if we'll be able to do anything but a Boardwalk view room in the future! We love the Boardwalk!!! :love:

-Michelle & family

And the atmosphere is relaxed but not sloppy, elegant but not stuffy, friendly but not intrusive.
It is such a wonderful place.

What a great description of the BW. Exactly how we feel about the atmosphere. :)

I've been a member since late 199o's at BWV and HH. I got addonitis quickly after joining. I now own 602 BWV points. I recently sold HH and bought more BWV because for me I never want to stay anywhere else. I fell in love hard on my first trip paying by cash. I was suppose to have a BWV one bedroom but because I got in late they were all gone. they gave me two studios with a the Village green view. I like this view as well as any I've had and it was a truly wonderful trip since the holiday decorations were up the day after we arrived. Since then I've stayed in every type of Villa including the grand villa and each trip is more wonderful than the last. We have had family members suffer a fewglitchesalong the way but it happens with every resort. I don't think you could find a better location. I'm truly mystified why BC sells for more on Resale as this resort doesn't appeal to me in the same way. If I didn't own at BW, my next choice would be BC but only if BW wasn't available.

I'm resurrecting this old thread because I just purchased a BWV contract and am awaiting my first trip home. I purchased sight unseen and can't wait until we can go try it out. I hope some of you BWV owners and lovers will share your stories of why you love BWV so much to tide me over until I'm able to see it for myself. :lovestruc

I hope some of you BWV owners and lovers will share your stories of why you love BWV so much to tide me over until I'm able to see it for myself.

We like being near lots of activities. During the daytime it is fun to watch people and Friendship boats coming and going on the BW. In the evening we enjoy watching the performers and the higher Epcot fireworks. If you book a BW view room, you can see all of this from your balcony. Because Epcot is only an 8 minute or so walk, I often go over to watch Illuminations if we are back at our room in the evening (I have an annual pass). The 20 minute walk to Studios is very peaceful. The lobby of the BW in Nov. and Dec. is just lovely. (Wait until you see the garland!) The main pool has a fun slide and the quiet pool offers a relaxing alternative. There are multiple activities at Community Hall. We have been generally very pleased with the CMs at the front desk and we even have a favorite mousekeeper.
If we are in the mood for a quiet escape, we usually book OKW. But that is an exception for us. We bought BWV very impulsively--on the spur of the moment in about 2 hours--and really knew nothing about timeshares or DVC. We feel very lucky that it turned out so well and that BWV is still our favorite of all the DVC resorts (and we have added BWV points many times!)

many of the preceeding descriptions describe the BWVs so perfectly, that there is little to add......
but there is something about the BWVs that no other resort has. it totally envelops you, from the moment you see the "B O A R D W A L K" archway, to those painful moments when you watch the resort disappearing in the distance on your last day :sad1: (seriously, i would probably wind up in a severe depression every time we left, if we didn't own there & knew we would be back:) ).
we've had fun & greatly enjoyed the other resorts ~ by comparison, BWVs are the only one that i can remember every step, every sight, every smell from our vacations there. when someone mentions going to WDW, i don't think of the castle or the parks, but of the BW lobby, our view of the BW & lake, holding hands with DH in the gazebo, drinks in front of BRG while we chat & people watch.
even washing clothes in the laundry room (when in a studio) means special times for us: we sit by the pool for those few hours, relaxing & maybe going for a swim depending on our mood, chatting with other guests (this is where one sees the big difference between the BW & BC: even in the evening, BC's SAB is busy and loud with swarms of people. at the BW pool you feel like you're swimming and/or visiting with family & friends, at BC you feel like you're "hitting" a water park with tons of total strangers :guilty: ).
btw, we own at BCVs & SSR also, & have stayed at most of the deluxes. while they are all beautiful, there is no other resort in all of WDW that does to us what BWVs does :cloud9: (btw, SSR, GF, & YC come the closest, BC/BCVs hershey park type atmosphere is okay for a very short visit, but nothing "special" in our opinion).
hth :)

We just completed an addon for BWV and we will be staying for 6 nights in a 1 bed villa in August. This thread has gotten me so excited about my first ever Boardwalk stay - thanks everyone! Does anyone have any recent photos of a 1 bedroom villa to share???? TIA :lovestruc :wizard:

The "BOARDWALK" archway sign does it for me every time. As soon as I see that I know I am home and my vacation has begun. I also enjoy the nice leisurely walks to and from the studios or world showcase. I feel at peace strolling along the shores of cresecent lake. To me, the Boardwalk is a wonderful place.

I love being able to walk over to Epcot every night for dinner.

I love driving up to the Resort and seeing the enterance.

I love the carpet as I walk down the long hallway

I love thinking about Richyams when I am on the balcony and reach in to grab a beer from the fridge.

I love Boardwalk View

I love Standard View

I love hitting the BellVue Room on the way back from the parks for a stiff one.

I love thier Christmas Decorations! Way way more to my liking that Wilderness lodge.

I love that I have 11 month window

You are all making me want to go back. It has been two years since we went and stayed at the BWV and we are looking at going again this year. I get so excited about going that my DH thinks I am more of a kid than our daughter!!

I own at SSR but DH & I have ressies here in June! This thread has gotten me even more excited about our upcoming trip!!:thumbsup2

Because Epcot is only an 8 minute or so walk, I often go over to watch Illuminations if we are back at our room in the evening (I have an annual pass).
We feel very lucky that it turned out so well and that BWV is still our favorite of all the DVC resorts (and we have added BWV points many times!)

I just loved reading your descriptions of everything you love about BWV!! I know being able to go watch Illuminations until the very end without having to worry about catching a bus back to my room was a big reason why I was drawn to BWV. I love Illuminations but my DH always wants to leave before its over so he can get to the bus stop before the crowd. Now I'll be able to go whenever I want and stay to the very end. :goodvibes I can't wait to go!

btw, we own at BCVs & SSR also, & have stayed at most of the deluxes. while they are all beautiful, there is no other resort in all of WDW that does to us what BWVs does :cloud9: (btw, SSR, GF, & YC come the closest, BC/BCVs hershey park type atmosphere is okay for a very short visit, but nothing "special" in our opinion).
hth :)

All of these wonderful descriptions are making me think we made the right choice for us!

The "BOARDWALK" archway sign does it for me every time. As soon as I see that I know I am home and my vacation has begun. I also enjoy the nice leisurely walks to and from the studios or world showcase. I feel at peace strolling along the shores of cresecent lake. To me, the Boardwalk is a wonderful place.

I'm glad to hear that even though there is a lot of activity at the BW that there are peaceful times and places also!

I love that I have 11 month window

I love that you love the BW!! Your love of the BW is very contagious!!

I agree with everything that has been said. I am so happy I have that 11 month window!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter