The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

We love our home at the BWV!!!

More photos please!!! I loved the ones that were posted. :)

Can't tell you how many tough times the prospect of an upcoming BW view room has got me through. Falling asleep while looking at illuminated Spaceship Earth--priceless.

jekjones1558 said:
Can't tell you how many tough times the prospect of an upcoming BW view room has got me through. Falling asleep while looking at illuminated Spaceship Earth--priceless.

Uh oh...I just booked our first BW view. We usually stay standard view and have also had pool view, but September 2007 will be our first Boardwalk view...I'm nervous that it will be like staying in a 1BR after thinking that a studio will always be enough - will we never go back?!?!? I already have addonitis, so I'm guessing the BW view room will just aggravate my condition :rotfl2:

We bought into BWV's and went on our first trip in Sept. :goodvibes There are soooo many things I love about BWV's and the BW, itself:

Waking up and walking to the BW Bakery for coffee and muffin and just sitting on the BW and watching people pass by..And watching the birds&ducks come in for food people throw out to them

Watching the BW entertainment

Having the ability to walk to MGM and EPCOT.... Or take the boat if desired...

Loved the quiet pool AND the clown slde!!!

Loved everything about it and am glad we bought there!!! :banana: :goodvibes

We're just back from a great BWV standard studio stay. We took advantage of the walkability to MGM and Epcot during this holiday season.

Each time we stay, we find new reasons to love the resort. Took some time to enjoy some of the music on the green by a local college/high school choir.
Enjoyed the Italian sandwiches and fruit/yogurt platter from the Boardwalk bakery.

Getting our luggage from our ME experience and getting BWV tree #1 was easy as pie, and very very fast and friendly. Wonderful stay, fabulous resort!

Bobbi :goodvibes

I stayed twice on the BW view and then have switched to the standard view. After four stays there, I miss the BW view, so I'm going back on my next trip. While I love the lower points, I miss the spectacular BW view.

Hi Bobbi - I knew you'd probably check in when you got back. Glad to hear you had a great trip. I thought of you on the 15th - the day we checked out. I seemed to recall you were checking in around then?

You've a great memory! Yes, we checked in on the 15th. What a great everything....we landed around 10AM, checked in, room wasn't ready, but we went to Epcot. By 2PM, we were in our room, and within 15 minutes we had all bags and Christmas tree.

We will try the Boardwalk view eventually. We're having another 4 generation trip in October at VWL, but because we're out of VWL points to use, I have the first 2 days for DMom/Sis at BWV Boardwalk view, so in case we can't get them into the VWL for the entire trip, they will be the first in our family to get the view. Either way, it will be a special trip. (If we do get them into VWL, someone on Boardwalk view waitlist will surely be happy, too!)

Bobbi :goodvibes

Count me in as another BWV lover! :love: I don't want to book anywhere else. I book the boardwalk view the most and even though I really enjoy the standard view and saving the points from it, if the boardwalk view is available I just have to book it! :goodvibes

One of my favorite things is the clown slide. I know many people knock it, but it is a great slide :thumbsup2 My DH loves being so close to the ESPN club, he goes every night. I love the lobby, the decor of the rooms, walking or taking the boat to Epcot and MGM, watching the fireworks from my balcony, chocolate croissants from the bakery, community hall (although I don't utilize it as much as I should), the playground is great for my kids, room service is yummy.

But mostly it is that great feeling I get when we drive up to the resort :cloud9: and if we stay anywhere else I miss BWV.

MHO:
staying at the BWVs is total immersion, staying anywhere else is just "being on the outside looking in".

& we tried soooo hard to love the other resorts as much, but the tug in the heart when i see the BW is just too much for us to consider elsewhere (my eyes glaze over & there is an audible sigh everytime i see the BW :cloud9: ).

btw, we own at BWV, BCV, & SSR.

:sunny:

rie'smom said:
We chose BWV as our home resort even though we've never been to any of the DVC places. On our May trip,we went past the boardwalk in a launch. My hubby said he liked the look of it. I was totally shocked when he gave me points for Christmas.

You are so lucky!!

We took our first trip home this past October and we so impressed with the Boardwalk. It is just a beautiful resort. It amazes me that people will complain about something like long hallways...the line for Pirates is a long hallway, too :rolleyes:

One afternoon my DD and I walked over to the BC to go to Beaches and Cream. Have to say in our opinion what we saw of the BC - including SAB - did not live up to the hype. We were totally happy as we walked back home to the BWV :thumbsup2

My mother and I just returned from a five day trip to VWL earlier this week. We have already planned another family trip, with my two sisters for next October during the Food and Wine Festival and have booked a Boardwalk View 1 Bedroom for 8 nights.

Since my mother has a little trouble walking, we need a room closer to elevators. Can someone tell me if the Boardwalk View rooms are closer than Standard rooms to elevators? Also, can you see any Epcot Illuminations from the Boardwalk View rooms?

I am assuming it would be better for her to catch the boats to Epcot or MGM since that would cut down on the walk. We did fine last week, but just took it slow and rested often. She will be 79 by October and thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas visit...

Also, does Boardwalk offer refillable mugs anywhere?

Thanks for any input.

My mother and I just returned from a five day trip to VWL earlier this week. We have already planned another family trip, with my two sisters for next October during the Food and Wine Festival and have booked a Boardwalk View 1 Bedroom for 8 nights.

Since my mother has a little trouble walking, we need a room closer to elevators. Can someone tell me if the Boardwalk View rooms are closer than Standard rooms to elevators? Also, can you see any Epcot Illuminations from the Boardwalk View rooms?

I am assuming it would be better for her to catch the boats to Epcot or MGM since that would cut down on the walk. We did fine last week, but just took it slow and rested often. She will be 79 by October and thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas visit...

Also, does Boardwalk offer refillable mugs anywhere?

Thanks for any input.

There are boardwalk view rooms close to the elevator and standard view close to the elevator, just as there are rooms that are far for both views. I would put in a medical request for close to the elevator. I had a boardwalk view 1 bedroom about 6 or 7 doors from the elevator, it was on the corner facing the boat dock (5051).

You should be able to see some of Illuminations from all the boardwalk views. Better views are up higher and farther from the elevator. When I was there in October, I could also see Wishes in the direction of the Yacht Club (room 4041).

The mugs can be bought and refilled at the bakery. I'm not sure if they fill them at the pool bar. If you have a 1 bedroom, I would just buy liters of pop/soda and put them in the fridge.

Love the Boardwalk!!! :cool1:

But mostly it is that great feeling I get when we drive up to the resort :cloud9: and if we stay anywhere else I miss BWV.

Ahhhhhhh. I just love the drive up to the resort. When I finally see that big white entrance and the BOARDWALK across it. Home........Home.......

OK, now I'm dreaming.......

Ahhhhhhh. I just love the drive up to the resort. When I finally see that big white entrance and the BOARDWALK across it. Home........Home.......

OK, now I'm dreaming.......

I know the feeling you just seem to leave all your troubles behind

BTW nice to see fellow Mainah and DVCer on here. we do our 1st BWV trip in Feb. 2/13 - 3/2 can't wait

Hi everyone...

Just wanted to let you guys know that after only 1 week, we officially heard that Disney has waived their ROFR on our BWV contract!! We are EXCITED!!!
:banana:

I know the feeling you just seem to leave all your troubles behind

BTW nice to see fellow Mainah and DVCer on here. we do our 1st BWV trip in Feb. 2/13 - 3/2 can't wait

Love your screen name!

Have fun on your trip!!!!!

I just got back from WDW on 12/19. We didn't stay DVC this trip because it was a last minute trip (stayed at CBR). We went over to BWV, S/D, Y&BC to see at the Christmas decorations.

I fell in love with what I saw at BWV. We went in the open DVC unit and checked it out. The Christmas decorations in BW were beautiful and breathtaking. My mom and I just stood in awe of the beauty! We also went to the GF which was also very pretty but my mom said, I love this place--it is even prettier than the GF!
I actually cried in the lobby--I just sat in one of the big beautiful chairs and tears rolled. I could not believe that I actually own DVC and maybe one day will get lucky enough to stay at BWV (or maybe add some points on from there!)
Mom was funny. She knows nothing about DVC or WDW resorts but she made the comment, I like it better here than at CBR. CBR just seems so far out. I like being on this side--where the action is! LOL You'd have to know my 69yo mother, but I thought it was funny that even she can tell there's a difference. I think she'd make a great DVCer!!

Hi everyone...

Just wanted to let you guys know that after only 1 week, we officially heard that Disney has waived their ROFR on our BWV contract!! We are EXCITED!!!
:banana:
Congratulations Kristine! You have excellent taste in resorts! It's a great combination: BWV when you want to be in the middle of the action and close to Epcot and MGM, VWL when you want a more laid back vacation in the woods just a boatride away from the MK. Welcome home again -- now we're neighbors twice over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter