The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

The BWV is the best place simply in the world. We bought at BCV and SSR but when we were ready to add on again, I had no interest in any other hotel.

The Boardwalk is the amazing. I can feel the atmosphere and hear the sounds. Just a short stroll to the countries of Epcot.

If I could, I would trade all my points for BWV points.

Our Family loves the BWV too. We even paid extra to make it our "HOME".

I love the BW view!! However, the standard view rooms aren't too bad either.

Love the lower points for the standard view rooms!

Love the location!!

I love the pool slide and hot tub!

COmmunity Hall!

4 Minute boat ride to Epcot!

The BW entertainment!

The bakery, sweet shop & pizza counter!!

Love going out on the boardwalk to watch illuminations (the days we go home early)

All the hustle and bustle of the BW!!!

KristineN said:
I wonder if it is comparable to the walk from the Dolphin to MGM?? I did that a couple of times...I have to tell you guys that I found it to be a sorta long walk...although maybe because it was very hot then.

It's definately much shorter than that!

We own at SSR, but have only stayed at OKW and BWV.

We spent a week at BWV in a 1BR standard view room in August, 2006. We really enjoyed our stay.

Someday when we add on, I'd like to think BWV could be in my future. For now, I know I can rent/trade points.

Thanks for the great TR Kathleena! We stayed in room 4083 a couple of weeks ago and loved the location (our first time in a SV room)---I think it may have been the connecting 1 b/r to your studio! I loved watching the fireworks and hearing the music the one night we were in the room during that time. The BWV's are the best!!!! :sunny:

Here are a couple of photos of the lobby, taken last Wednesday. The photos don't really do it justice -- the lobby decorations were gorgeous! The garlands were just loaded with beautiful ornaments.

81115BW_Checkin_4x6.JPG

81115BW_Fireplace_4x6.JPG

Thank you so much for sharing and posting the pics LisaS! They are BEAUTIFUL! :goodvibes

I love getting up VERY early and strolling the Boardwalk...Peaceful, quiet with the occasional friendly jogger doing their morning runs. Walking into the Bakery first thing and having a cup of coffee and bringing back Breakfast Burritos for my sleepy family.

I also love the BellVue Lounge! Great place for a quiet drink and a wonderful area to get together with other DVC owner friends. :wave:

After all the "quietness" of the morning I love the "busy-ness" ;) of the eve. Sitting on your Boardwalk View balcony with Spaceship Earth illuminatied while the arcade games are being played. Sitting and relaxing in your pajamas with a nice drink of choice watching Illuminations....

sniff...sniff....I wanna go home NOW! :rotfl:

jiggerj said:
I love getting up VERY early and strolling the Boardwalk...Peaceful, quiet with the occasional friendly jogger doing their morning runs. Walking into the Bakery first thing and having a cup of coffee and bringing back Breakfast Burritos for my sleepy family.

After all the "quietness" of the morning I love the "busy-ness" ;) of the eve. Sitting on your Boardwalk View balcony with Spaceship Earth illuminatied while the arcade games are being played. Sitting and relaxing in your pajamas with a nice drink of choice watching Illuminations....

sniff...sniff....I wanna go home NOW! :rotfl:

Sounds fabulous!!! I love to do this too. Although our first trip to the Boardwalk isn't until February. I can't wait!!!

Does anyone know what a garden/pool view is??? Is that good? My DH's boss gave us her points this year for our trip. I'm sooooooo excited, I can hardly breathe...lol!!!

Well, I hope I'm able to post on this thread after being on the VWL Lover's thread too! I am an owner at BWV, and a firm believer of BWYWTSTM so that should be good credentials I hope. :goodvibes

BWV has a great ambience (yes, we're all about theming) and of course the location is super too. The Boardwalk itself is lovely, and I enjoy how it comes to life especially right after Illuminations lets out.

We will be sorely disappointed if they close ESPN Club, but I don't want negatives in this post.

All in all, it is such a lovely resort, and the long hallway thing is way overblown. Probably helps that I'm not toting little ones after a long day in the parks though. :)

Cinderella2004 said:
Does anyone know what a garden/pool view is??? Is that good? My DH's boss gave us her points this year for our trip. I'm sooooooo excited, I can hardly breathe...lol!!!
Wow, your DH's boss should qualify for Boss of the Year award! A Garden/Pool view is a Preferred View class that means you will have a view of one of the pools or the canal that runs along the BWV down towards MGM. They are lovely views and I'm sure you will have a great trip and enjoy the BWV completely! :)

Granny said:
Wow, your DH's boss should qualify for Boss of the Year award! A Garden/Pool view is a Preferred View class that means you will have a view of one of the pools or the canal that runs along the BWV down towards MGM. They are lovely views and I'm sure you will have a great trip and enjoy the BWV completely! :)

Thank you for that!!!! I'm so excited to go. DH did a whole bunch of extra work for her that put a hardship on our family, so that was part of the deal. I'm glad to see all the positive things about VWL, as we'll be staying there the second half of our trip!

I own BWV and love it there too (as well as most of the other DVC resorts). And I do like the BWV pool, but I think on of the funniest things I've ever read on this board was somebody's compliant about "the clown vomitting kids into the pool"!!!! :lmao:

There is nothing like spending an evening on your balcony overlooking the Boardwalk. My wife and I are social creatures, but we LOVE being able to watch everyone on the boardwalk and relax in our PJs sipping a drink.

BWV is awesome!

We've stayed at BWV 3 times in standard view rooms. We love the feeling of being in the middle of it all. Being so close to our favorite park Epcot is the best and being just steps away from all the activity on the Boardwalk is great. We've always had wonderful rooms and never had any problems with noise, even when we were next door to the vending room. We don't mind the walks from the elevators, and usually use the stairs to get to the pool or bus stop. The hallways have a very distinct smell, I think it maybe like coppertone suntan lotion, but every once in a while I'll smell it at home and it takes me back.

We love BW too! DH and I just got back from a 3-night stay at BC and we a ctually spent more time over at the BW than at our our resort! I just love the atmosphere over there. There's always something going on. The lobby is beautiful - especially at Christmas. We walked over one morning and got coffee and danish from the bw bakery and sat by the lake and enjoyed a beautiful morning. It was so nice. I can't wait to go back!

BWV is the closest timeshare to the Dolphin Hotel. Whoo-hoo! I love that backdoor leading from the far end of the interior hallway out toward the Swan/Dolphin saving countless steps each day of our visit.

(Sure, I know this isn't the average post -- but is why I enjoy BWV.)

We bought BWV earlier this year and our first trip home was 12/7 to 12/11. We had a wonderful one bedroom- 5011. Board walk view and top floor, no smoking. Exactly what I'd requested. No problems at all (other than the missing Christmas tree our first day), we really enjoyed the villa. We'll be back next December as we're taking my husband's whole family to the BWV with us.

We love the BWV. It is perfect - great location, close to great restaurants and a beautiful view. We always seem to return to it and consider it our home although we officially own at SSR.

I love this thread! Thanks for joining in the lovefest everyone

BWV ROCKS!!!!!

Just got back on the 13th, studio 4005 excellent fireworks view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter