The "I don't care...wait you didn't tell me that" family trip

Wednesday July 12, 2006

Up at 7 and do some more laundry. We are off to Ebcot, oops I mean Epcot again. We do Soarin' and look around the Living Seas. The it started to rain so we ducked into a building for cover and found these guys:
2006_0719Image0139-1.jpg
2006_0719Image0140-3.jpg
2006_0719Image0143.jpg
2006_0719Image0145.jpg
Minnie took a liking to my boy;)
2006_0719Image0147.jpg
2006_0719Image0148.jpg
2006_0719Image0149.jpg
Then we headed over to World Showcase where the Canadian's stopped by Canada
2006_0719Image0152.jpg
:lmao: We had lunch at Liberty Inn. We rode Malestrom, tried to do Test Track but it was down just as we got in our car so we were given Fastpasses. We did Ellen's Universe of Energy, mild side of Mission Space, back to Test Track and then headed out to have supper at the Golden Corral. Then back to the hotel.

Taylor's birth certificate arrived today and we had our mug shots, I mean passport photos done last night so we can head to the passport office next week. Since it is in Halifax, I am hoping to get some shopping done too.:cool1:

Thursday July 13, 2006

We head back to Universal today. (I know. I know. This is the Dis but it was part of our trip) We did Terminator
2006_0719Image0188.jpg
E.T., the horror make-up show,Taylor does the Fevial playground and woody woodpecker coaster. Then we had lunch at the International Food & Film Festival. Then we did Back to the Future. Then Darrin took the girls to the Beetlejuice show while I took Taylor to the Curious George water park. When we meet up we do Jaws and Earthquake. Then Darrin, Nicole M and I do Revenge of the Mummy
2006_0719Image0206.jpg
While we are doing that Nicole B and Taylor do Twister and then we all do it together. Then we do Jimmy Neutron and head out for supper at the Las Vegas Lobster Feast. Back to the hotel for a swim and over to Target to pick up some more supplies.

Friday July 14, 2006

We are off to Animal Kingdom today. First up the Safari. Not a lot of animals out but oh well it was still fun. Then we head for Everest. On our way we stumble upon
2006_0719Image0231.jpg
that's right Devine. Does anyone know if she is still there? Then we stop for mickey ice cream bars
2006_0719Image0232.jpg
Then we do Everest, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids and Everest again. Lunch is at Restaurantasarus. Then it's time for Primeval Whirl and Kali again. Then we head over for the Lion King show, get seated, but it is cancelled for some reason.:confused3 So we do Tough to Be a Bug and stumble out into the parade route being roped off. So we watch the parade and then do the Maharajah trail. Then back to Kali and the do the Pangani Forest trail. Then we head out for supper at Ci Ci's pizza and then over to MGM for Fantasmic. It was 101 F today.:sick:

Saturday July 15, 2006

Today is our take it easy day and Darrin lets me sleep in until 7:30 :rotfl2: Kids sleep til 10 and get to have a swim after breakfast
2006_0719Image0308.jpg
Then we head to Celebration in search of a post office to mail some post cards. We are switching hotels on the 17th so we go see if we can find our new home, The Tropical Palms Fun Resort.
2006_0719Image0420.jpg
They are cute little individual mobile homes. We did some shopping, had lunch at Wendy's. We picked up fried chicken and salads and ice cream and had supper at the hotel. Had another swim and were in bed by 10:30. It was 103 F today.:scared1:

Sunday July 16, 2006

Back to MGM today. Darrin, Nicole M and I do Rock N' Roller Coaster while Nicole B and Taylor check out the villian store.
2006_0719Image0312.jpg
Neither of then are fond of roller coasters even though they both did Everest :confused3. I guess it's the ones that go upside down.
Then we did the Great Movie Ride. Then Darrin and the girls did Tower of Terror and then the girls did it again alone. While all this was going on I took Taylor to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. Then we met
2006_0719Image0322.jpg
and
2006_0719Image0324.jpg
. Then we did Muppets and head into the Indiana Jones show where Nicole B gets picked to be an extra.
2006_0719Image0329.jpg
She is the one in the blue shirt.
2006_0719Image0332.jpg
3rd from the right. Then we watched Beauty & the Beast. Nicole M loves musicals. That is what she is studying, musical theatre. Then we do the Backlot Tour and then meet up with these guys
2006_0719Image0384.jpg
where Taylor got punched in the head :scared1: Don't worry it was an accident and he apoligized without being able to say anything :thumbsup2
2006_0719Image0392.jpg
No bad dancing! :laughing: We head back to the hotel for leftover chicken for supper and then back to Epcot. We played around in Innoventions West and did Mission Space and Circle of Life before heading back to the hotel for the night.

Monday July 17, 2006

Today we head for Blizzard Beach. We go to Tikes Peak and then do the family raft ride, the tobaggan sleds and the lazy river (no concussions this time:thumbsup2) But there is a storm approaching, everyone out of the water.:scared1: So we wait it out for a bit in the gift shop and then head over to our new hotel to see if we can get in to change. We can so we get changed and go to IHOP for supper. We then go to Downtown Disney to do Disney Quest. Alot of stuff wasn't working so I was not real impressed. We did do a couple of virtual reality rides that were pretty cool. Then we did a little shopping and the head back to the hotel.

Tuesday July 18, 2006

Our old hotel had a free continental breakfast, this one does not and oh how we miss it. So we head to the Ponderosa for breakfast. Then over to Animal Kingdom. First up is Kali. Then we discover this trail that led to
2006_0719Image0438.jpg
2006_0719Image0439.jpg
2006_0719Image0442.jpg
2006_0719Image0445.jpg
. We tried again to do the Lion King but missed it. Lunch was at Pizzafari and back to do Kali again and then Everest. Then we head out and go looking for Beaches & Cream where we found these
2006_0719Image0456.jpg
2006_0719Image0457-1.jpg
We shared cause there was No Way Jose we could eat all that. :rotfl2: We go back to the hotel for a swim and to do some more laundry. Supper is at an A&W drive in (we don't have the drive in anymore where we live) Then we go to Congo River Mini Golf, my kids love them some mini golf. Of course a storm ensues and we are ordered off the course. So we get a "rain" check and head back to the hotel in a massive thunder and lightening storm. Torrential rain and thunder that shakes the ground.:scared1: And as a side note at our new hotel we have these massive grasshopper things, the kids are horrified. If anyone knows what they are could you let me know. We didn't see them anywhere but at our hotel (not inside)
2006_0719Image0471.jpg

I just ordered my tickets:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
6 day MYW and 5 park Orlando flex.
Should be here in 12 days!!!

Whooo hooo on the ticket ordering :woohoo::woohoo:
I am loving the flash back trip!!your son is so handsome!

Wednesday July 19, 2006

This will be our final day at Disney.:sad1:
Breakfast was at Denny's and then we head for the Magic Kingdom. We take the train to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Then we do Mickey's Philharmagic and the Teapcups.
2006_0719Image0499.jpg
Then we decide that I will run to Pirates for a FastPass. Now everyone (except me) knows that there are no FastPasses at Pirates :rolleyes: and everyone else is supposed to meet me at Splash Mountain. Well when I get there of course there are no FastPasses, but there is this
2006_0719Image0506.jpg
Now my daughter loves her some Captain Jack/Johnny Depp. So I got some pictures for her. Then I rush to Splash Mountain, cause I am sure they are wondering where I am. Well when I get there, they are not:confused3 Eventually they show up and I find out that Nicole knew how to get to Splash but someone :rolleyes1(Darrin) thought they had to go a different way and of course they got lost. But they are finally there and we do Splash and Pirates and then Cinderellabration.
2006_0719Image0531.jpg
We have lunch at Casey's and then watch the parade. Then the kids get their picture taken with Tink.
tink.jpg
Then we did Tomorrowland Transit, Indy Speedway and Space Mountain (except Nicole B, cause she hated it the first time). Then the kids did Goofy's Barnstormer and toured Minnie and Mickey's houses.
2006_0720Image0049.jpg
Then we caught the train to the front of the park, shopped at the Emporium and took the Ferry out.
2006_0720Image0062.jpg
Taylor is a little teary eyed which makes me and Nicole B a little teary eyed. Of course he swears he wasn't crying. But I know better ;) Supper was at Taco Bell for Nicole B and Burger King for the rest of us. We went back to Congo River Mini Golf to use our "rain" check and then we call it a night.

Thursday July 20, 2006

We are heading home. So this is kind of a boring day. We were up at 5:30, had breakfast at the hotel. Dropped off the car and was at the airport by 7:30. We had stops in Miami and New York.

On the plane, I think everyone is asleep.:lmao:
2006_0720Image0100.jpg

We had a wonderful, magical trip. I can only hope that our upcoming trip is as just as magical.

Went to the passport office yesterday. Would like to say it went off without a hitch, but we were tied up in traffic due to a fatal single vehicle accident on the highway. Terrible way to start to the day. One poor man was killed and his wife and 12 year old child were taken to the hospital.:sad1: The passport office itself wasn't that busy, so it didn't take long. I managed to find the buxton travel bag I was looking for. Thought the new Walmart at Dartmouth Crossing would have them, but no. But the nice lady I asked for help looked it up and found 2 at the one in Chain Lake. Of course my DH had to stop at Princess Auto first and I was convinced they would both be gone by the time I got there (my daughter wanted 1 too). We finally go there and guess what there was about 8 of them. So we both got 1.:thumbsup2 My son got 2 new pairs of swim trunks, a pair of shorts, a pair of jeans for $2 :banana: and a t-shirt. I also got my husband a grumpy t-shirt from the Disney Store that says "I'm grumpy just deal with it" for $10, for his birthday. The girl who waited on me said that she just got back from Disney and that it was freezing down there:scared1:. Everyone keeps making fun of me for going in July, but I would sooner be hot and jump in the pool than freezing and wearing a coat and mittens in my Disney pictures.:rotfl: My daughter also got a couple of t-shirts at the Disney Store and a jacket and shirt and Sirens (they had buy 1 get 1 half off). She got some other stuff at Walmart too. All in all (other than the accident) it was a nice family day out.:grouphug:

weezy's DD Nicole B checking in! Nice to see you trip reporting, even if it is from 4 YEAR AGO :lmao: (sorry, bit of an inside joke about her DH, I'm sure she'll explain!).

Wait a minute...since YOU are pre trip reporting, do I get to too? Or would that just be pointless?? We could make it a contest and see who gets the most followers :rotfl2:

The Boy (DB Taylor, referred to as "The Boy"), is getting excited FINALLY. He randomly hugged me this morning...I was a little freaked out. I know I am going nuts waiting to go!! Not gonna lie, I am most excited for Harry Potter though :rolleyes1 I mean, OBVIOUSLY I am excited for Disney too, but I have been waiting a long freaking time for this Harry Potter park!

We better start doing some more exciting stuff for your pre-trip report , mom.... Aunt Debbie's already got her bags packed!!

Here is yet another example of DH not paying attention.

DD is a huge Harry Potter fan, so naturally she is excited for the the new Harry Potter park at Universal. And we are going. We've been talking about it for quite a while. DH keeps making comments like "oh we won't have time to to spend there, the lines will be too long, lets not bother going" all just to bug her. (His favorite park is Universal. We only went to the one side and he is looking forward to going to Islands of Adventure) So anyway, we are watching Celebrity Apprentice, and it shows a model of the new Harry Potter section. He says "that doesn't look like just a ride, it looks like a whole big thing". We're like "yah, it's a whole park section of its own! we've been talking about it for months" :confused3 And by the time we get there he will have forgotten all this and probably make the same comment.:rotfl:

DD is a huge Harry Potter fan, so naturally she is excited for the the new Harry Potter park at Universal. And we are going. We've been talking about it for quite a while. DH keeps making comments like "oh we won't have time to to spend there, the lines will be too long, lets not bother going" all just to bug her. (His favorite park is Universal. We only went to the one side and he is looking forward to going to Islands of Adventure) So anyway, we are watching Celebrity Apprentice, and it shows a model of the new Harry Potter section. He says "that doesn't look like just a ride, it looks like a whole big thing". We're like "yah, it's a whole park section of its own! we've been talking about it for months" :confused3 And by the time we get there he will have forgotten all this and probably make the same comment.:rotfl:

It's the infamous male not listening gene :rotfl2:

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter