The "I don't care...wait you didn't tell me that" family trip

weezy26nm

Mouseketeer
Here we go. We first went to Florida in 2006. The reason of course Disney. Oh we did other stuff, but Disney was the main reason. It was our "trip of a lifetime". But before we even got back, I already wanted to go back. In 2008, we started discussing the fact that I would like to go back by at least 2010. I didn't want to wait any longer. My sister had decided that the next time we went she would like to go with us. By the end of 2009 it didn't look like it was going to happen. Then my sister called one day in January and asked if we were still going. I said I didn't know if we could afford it this year. So I started playing with numbers and since we would be only paying for 3 people instead of 5 like last time, I thought we could swing it. This time 1 DD is working and old enough to pay her own way and the other DD is going to school where they hold classes all summer. When we originally talked about going in 2010 she was going to a different school. When she switched school, I said but you won't be able to come to Disney and she basically said "oh well". But hopefully there will be a next, next time and we can all go together again.

Then my sister stopped by a couple of weeks ago and we got the calendar out and started discussing when we would go. I work a seasonal job from Apr - June but it sometimes runs into July, so to be on the safe side I suggested late July. So we decided on July 24 - Aug 6. DH said "It doesn't matter to me, I can get off anytime so I don't care when we go" A couple of days ago he calls me from work to get the vacation dates (as he forgot to take the paper I wrote them on). When he got home that night he asks "why are we going to Disney in Aug?" I said "because I wanted to make sure I was done work and we discussed this already" He doesn't listen and then tries to say that I didn't tell him. Sometimes it's funny but most time is just frustrating.

So I should introduce the cast of characters:

Me: Nancy 44 - weezy26nm

DH: Darrin 45 in April

DD: Nicole B 23 - PiratesFan

DSD: Nicole M 20 (yes we each have a daughter named Nicole from previous marriages) the one who is attending school

DS: Taylor 13 in April

DSister: Debbie 47 (first trip)

Sounds like my DH sometimes... ;)

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear more!

Don't have much to report. I really don't have anything booked yet. I've been watching flights hoping for a deal, but nothing yet. I have a condo lined up but haven't bit the bullet and booked yet. I'm afraid to book anything too early incase something better comes along or something goes wrong. I do have a couple of surprises already planned but I can't discuss them on here because my daugher is a member of the Dis and she might see what I'm up to. LOL My Sister did just become a grandmother for the second time on Wednesday, her second beautiful grand-daughter, so I guess that is something to report, not just related to our trip. My DH just asked me what I was typing and I said something on the Dis and he said oh you're on there telling a bunch of strangers that we are going to Florida so they can come rob us while we are away.:confused3. He is so paranoid and some of the stuff he comes up with just amazes me sometimes.:sad2: I am sure he will make for some amusing posts on here. We just won't be able to tell him I am talking about him.:rolleyes1

Here is what I think we should do (everyone else thinks I think too much):

Sat. July 24 - arrive (hopefully by 12:30) pick up rental car, find condo,
pick up supplies, go to either Universal Studios or Islands
of Adventure (DH's idea)

Sun. July 25 - Seaworld all day

Mon. July 26 - Magic Kingdom all day

Tues July 27 - Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure

Wed July 28 - Epcot all day

Thurs July 29 - Aquatica or Wet N' Wild

Fri. July 30 - free day (or as DD calls it "free to do what Mom wants
day :rotfl:

Sat July 31 - trip to gulf coast possible Tampa Bay

Sun Aug 1 - Animal Kingdom all day

Mon Aug 2 - another free day

Tues Aug 3 - Hollywood Studios all day

Wed Aug 4 - Magic Kingdom all day

Thurs Aug 5 - Aquatica or Wet N' Wild which ever one we didn't already do

Fri. Aug 6 - leave to come home

Now DH mentioned Busch Gardens :confused3. So much for a vacation, he is going to have every minute filled and every dollar spent.:scared1: But I did book the condo yesterday and put my deposit down. Makes it seem a little more real. I can't sleep now and I still have 149 days left. Not sure what I'm going to do when I only have a few days left. LOL Still looking for flight deals. West Jet has a seat sale today but it's still over $600. Maybe I'm being unrealistic in hoping for something lower.

I know, I leave in a week and am having MAJOR problems sleeping. That could have something to do with the 10 week old baby sleeping next to me though. :confused3

My husband seems to be hard of hearing most days too. :rotfl:

Well, I hope you and your family have a fun time. I've vowed to never go in July or August again because of the heat. Hope the weather isn't too hot and humid for you though.

BTW what condo are you staying at?

Hi!! we are going to be there for some of the same days!! I can't wait to hear your plans

I found the condo through CyberRentals.com and then I contacted the owner (Mike) directly. It is located near the Ventura Country Club and is only $399/week, which I thought was a good deal. There is free long distance calling, which is good for calling back home to Canada (we had outrageous phone bills last time we went), washer and dryer, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom, 2 pools by the condo plus we can use the country club pool down the road if we want. He also said there was golfing if we want. He said he even supplies the laundry and dish soap. I'm almost scared that it is too good to be true. LOL. It is a little farther from Disney than we stayed last time, but it is close to the airport and Universal which we plan on going to too. So I think we will be fine.

I know, I leave in a week and am having MAJOR problems sleeping. That could have something to do with the 10 week old baby sleeping next to me though. :confused3

My husband seems to be hard of hearing most days too. :rotfl:

Well, I hope you and your family have a fun time. I've vowed to never go in July or August again because of the heat. Hope the weather isn't too hot and humid for you though.

BTW what condo are you staying at?

Hi reyasmommy. Hope you have a great trip and that we get to hear all about it when you get back.

So I'm sitting here the other night on the Dis (of course) and DH says to me "are there any space shuttle launches going on while we are in Florida?":scared1: So being the wonderful wife that I am (meaning stupid) I look it up and low and behold there is one on July 29th. When am I going to learn to lie.;) So now he wants to do that. Well everyone knows it never happens on the day they say it is. I thought we would be going to a waterpark that day and I had something planned that no one else was going to know about. So I say "how am I supposed to plan a surprise if you change things around on me?" He say "what suprise?" To which I reply "if I tell you then it won't be a surprise" To which he replies " oh I suppose we have to eat with Mickey and a bunch of strangers you met on the internet wearing Mickey ears":rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Oh he know me too well. So I did manage to change my "surprise" (which by the way isn't eating with Mickey or anyone off the Dis) to the 30th. So we can go see the space launch that probably won't happen. I'll let you know who is right.;)

Since there is still not much happening in this pre-trip report, I thought I might do a mini trip report of our 2006 trip. Not sure if this is allowed. If not someone slap my fingers and I apoligize up front.

Let's step back to a time long, long ago. OK so it was only 2006, it seems like a long time ago. LOL
Day 1 - Friday July 7, 2006
We are up at 2 am:scared1:, plane leave at 6, Halifax airport is just over an hour away and we are supposed to be there 2 hours before the flight. No problem. We are flying to NY, then Miami, the Orlando. And it is the first flight for 3 of us and DD Nicole B is scared of heights and thus scared of flying. I of course get patted down at security. DH figures I look like a terrorist.:eek: We had to walk through some construction in the airport to get to our terminal. We also have to physcially walk outside to get to the plane. And imagine our shock when we see this:
2006_0708Image0008.jpg
we board our miniture plane and we are off and land safely in NY around 7 am. We go searching for some place to have breakfast. All we can find is the SoHo Bistro. A bit pricey ($56.32) for breakfast and we are not fond of the cold, spicy, stringy "hash browns" but it does the trick. We are back in the air by 10:15 (supposed to leave at 9:30) and land in Miami at 1 pm. Board final plane at 1:50 but don't take off until 3:30 due to thunder storms. Finally land at 4:45, find our shuttle to Enterprise car rental, stop at McDonald's for supper and finally find our hotel, The Palms Suites Lakeside
2006_0708Image0029.jpg
after having to stop for directions (and getting the wrong ones). We head across the road to the Super Target for supplies, unpack, watch Tv and are in bed by 11:30.

You guys are going to be so busy on your vacay that you are going to need a vacay from your vacay!!LOL

Ya I know! I guess when we spend all that money to go we want to see and do as much as possible. We can always sit around at home.:happytv:

Taylor and I are going to get our passport photos done today. (He has an in-service at school) Darrin, Nicole and Debbie already have their passports. March Break is next week so we plan on going then for ours. He also needs a haircut, has a dentist appointment for a cleaning and Nicole and I are donating blood.

Saturday July 8, 2006

We are supposed to be able to sleep in today after our busy travel day yesterday, but Darrin is awake at 6am:scared1: At home he could sleep til noon.:confused3 We do a little shopping and then head to Gatorland.
2006_0708Image0042.jpg
Taylor catches a gecko
2006_0708Image0065.jpg
and then a gator catches him
2006_0708Image0048.jpg
We ate gator nuggets and ribs for lunch. Saw some gator wrestling and jumping. And do you know what they do there. They allow people to go right down to the gator pond, right up to the gators, it's like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Who in there right mind would allow their kid to walk up to a pack of gators. ME!!!!! that's who. Here Taylor you go down to the waters edge with a handful of raw, bloody, rotting, fly covered meat and have fun.:rotfl2:
2006_0708Image0062.jpg
The we all turn our backs on the hungry gators and trust in the brave men with broom handles to protect us.
gatorlando.jpg
After frollicking with the gators we went to the Oriental Seafood Buffet for supper and then found ourselves at WonderWorks.
2006_0708Image0030.jpg
Spent some time having fun there and then headed back to the hotel. We are heading to Disney tomorrow!:wizard:

Sunday July 9, 2006

We sleep in til 7:30 :lmao: and we are off to Magic Kingdom. We stop at the Emporium for autograph books. We do Big Thunder and Splash Mountain, explore Tom Sawyer's Island for a while and then had lunch at Peco Bills. Then we did Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Stitch and Buzz. Then we meet up with these guys
2006_0719Image0024.jpg
2006_0719Image0026.jpg
Then we head out for a break. I surprise the kids by asking if they can ride in the front of the monorail. We stop at Ci-Ci's pizza for take out, go back the hotel, eat and have a swim. Only Canadians would be in a hot tub in July, in Florida:lmao:
2006_0719Image0028.jpg
The we head back to the Magic Kingdom and basically walk right into the Spectromagic Parade. Then we watches Wishes. Then over to ride Space Mountain before we head out. Never got to bed til 1 am. Hopefully we get to sleep in a little tomorrow.

Monday July 10, 2006

Darrin is up early again and of course wakes me. I did manage to get him to leave the kids alone until 10. We did some laundry while they slept in. The we head for Typoon Lagoon.
2006_0719Image0060.jpg
We checked out the wave pool and then headed to the lazy river. Some teenager was sitting up on the edge of his tube and it slipped out from under him and went flying backwards and crashed right into the back of my head. I didn't see it happening as he was behind me and all of a sudden it felt like someone had hit me in the back of the head with a baseball bat.:eek: Man it hurt. My head was sore to touch for days. Needless to say we got out of there. Nicole M did the Storm slide, then we all did Gangplank Falls.
2006_0719Image0072.jpg
Then Darrin and Nicole M did Shark Reef. The rest of us are not strong swimmers.
2006_0719Image0067.jpg
Then we went back to the wave pool and then we headed out and had supper at the Golden Corral. Then we headed over to Universal Studios.
2006_0719Image0081.jpg
We did Shrek, Twister, Jaws
2006_0719Image0085.jpg
, Men in Black and ended the evening watching the 360 Lazer Show.

Tuesday July 11, 2006

I am awakened at 6:30 by you know who.:confused: Kids got to sleep til 8. The we head to MGM (still called that back then).The girls and I do Tower of Terror (Taylor doesn't want to so Darrin stays with him), then we do Narnia. Then we stumble upon Sorceror Mickey
2006_0719Image0095.jpg
Then we went to the stunt show, then Star Tours. When we come out it is pouring down rain and the gift shop is packed with people trying to get out of the rain. So someone :rolleyes1 (Darrin) has the bright idea to make a run for it, cause he didn't want to be jammed in there with all these people. Well let me tell you, it is raining so hard it is literally running down the the roadway and splashing clear up over our feet, I have glasses on that now I can't see out of. I have Taylor by the hand hanging on for dear life and now the thunder is shaking the ground. We run our and straight across the road to a bathroom:confused3 where more people are huddled and of course it is air conditioned and we are soaked and cold. And my white tanktop is now see-through:scared1: So I am in there stuffing paper towel in my bra so as not to scare small children and be carted of the jail for indecent exposure. The rain finally lets up enought that we can make a run for the car and head back to have a swim as it is now sunny. We have supper at KFC, shop at a flea market (no didn't by no fleas) and head to Epcot (or Ebcot as Darrin likes to call it) We do Spaceship Earth, Honey I Shrunk the Audience and watch Illuminations. The kids stop to touch "the Magic" on the way out.
2006_0719Image0131.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter