The Gulf State Park Tradition...

Which week seems to work best in 2025?

• May 23rd to May 29th (Memorial day weekend and following week)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • May 30th to June 5th

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • June 6th to June 12th

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • June 13th to June 19th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 20th to June 26

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • June 27th to July 3rd

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same for me Jim, really any of them work. Really want folks to choose the ones that are best for them. It'll better our chances of more folks.
We may have to see how quickly Memorial week books up this May. I haven't tried to get a GSP site in 2 years and the last time I went was sort of off season (April). I didn't have any trouble then, but June-August may be tough.

j

We may have to see how quickly Memorial week books up this May. I haven't tried to get a GSP site in 2 years and the last time I went was sort of off season (April). I didn't have any trouble then, but June-August may be tough.

j
Last year I actually booked memorial Day weekend on lake front site 2 weeks out. Lucky cancellation. Honestly the week of memorial day (memorial day Monday to the following Sunday) was really not too bad.

After discussing pretty much only last two options are viable for us. Melissa is done on June 11th, but we already did the leave right after last day of school and its too much with having to pack up her room and such.

Looks like the week of May 30th is the preferred week. In the past, folks piled out of the Gulf Shores area on memorial day and it was actually not too bad that first few days as far as crowding goes.

Site location is the next topic. Typically we piled up in the area of site 2 through sites 24 close to and along white oak. I know several folks preferred not to be right on lake and got sites a little further in.

Bummer I can't make those dates. I bet it will be a great time for those that can.

Dang!
Means we need to work on something in your neck of the woods.

I like the way you think, Michael. :thumbsup2

Besides, mid/late June up there Virginia way might be cooler than down here in the South.
Hey James,

You think we could have a DIS Meet at VIR? Just pair it up with a SCCA or NASA event.

j

Dang!
Means we need to work on something in your neck of the woods.

It's less the location, the dates won't work. I got the pass for November 2024 to leave M home for 2 weeks and fly her down for the weekend. I am not going to run off in May 2025 on her just weeks before school ends. That said, still down for something else.

Hey James,

You think we could have a DIS Meet at VIR? Just pair it up with a SCCA or NASA event.

j

VIR sounds great, since they pretty much only allow their own employees to work the events now, I have no issue going down just to spectate. There are a couple decent campground options nearby too.

As a reminder, Alaparks changed their rules regarding deposits.

As in NONE now. No deposits - all reservation require full payment at time of booking.

Previously the policy was either/or - you could either pay in full or do a 1-night deposit.

You can still edit your reservation and they will true up the "full" amount and either render a refund or additional payment amount (14-day max reservations - snowbirds have different (tighter also for them) rules).

Ed

PS - just waiting for Disney to drop the hammer and require full payment at time of reservation too...

Also be aware of price hikes at GSP.

Live Oak Road campsites along the lake (and across) are about $66/night (about $56/night on Sumac which is next road back behind the water). Oh and add 30% :earseek: for various taxes/fees (city, county, sales, resort, reservation).

Now that $66 rate goes to $85.

Just setting expectations.

ED

Oh forgot to add ....

@Teamubr, reservations made to folks 62yo and over get a 15% discount.

You might want to put that on your long-term calendar ..... :rolleyes: Just sayin'.

ED

PS - also ADA, current and retired military (with ID card) and Alabama state employees all get the 15% off.

PPS - I used to kid @tiggerdad and @SouthAlabama5er in our Gulf DISMeet threads about being youngsters. I HAVE to find a foil on the other side of the equation although I think I'm still older than him ("him" being @Teamubr).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter