The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

If it is the park you have a reservation for and not the park in which you made your first reservation then that is a change from when I was there in November. Say park res is for AK, and at 7am I book Test Track. AK opens at 8am, so at 10am, I would be able to book another Epcot before those with an Epcot reservation are eligible to book a second LL. If there has indeed been a change, then I’ll take that advantage for afternoon stacking.

I thought I had read that it was the park where the person started (i.e. where they had the reservation), but I haven't done any parkhopping to experience this personally.

Given what both you and cjlong88 report, I trust that your first-hand experience is correct. Thanks for the info.

I just bought a Genie+ (for science) and tested it. It’s for the park for which you made your first selection. Made a park res for Epcot, got a LL at 7am for a ride at HS. It says my next eligibility is at 11.
Great. I was just coming here to reply to the above comment and say I hope someone tests it soon and reports back. You were way ahead of me. Go you! Thank you for your service.

A tip I wish I knew before this morning…don’t use Disney’s WiFi at the 7am booking. It just kept scanning my face but wouldn’t sign me in until I turned off WiFi.

I ultimately got everything I wanted, MMRR, Rise and SDD all for this morning/afternoon but if I had to start every morning that way I would not be happy, nor would my husband lol. That was way too stressful for something I am paying for. Crazy.

A tip I wish I knew before this morning…don’t use Disney’s WiFi at the 7am booking. It just kept scanning my face but wouldn’t sign me in until I turned off WiFi.

I ultimately got everything I wanted, MMRR, Rise and SDD all for this morning/afternoon but if I had to start every morning that way I would not be happy, nor would my husband lol. That was way too stressful for something I am paying for. Crazy.
Is the VPN turned on on your phone? In the past some guests have had conflict with their phone and Disney WiFi when their VPN was turned on. As soon as they turned off the VPN the face scanning was no longer a problem.

I pretty much turn off Wi-Fi at WDW and just use data. Save the Wi-Fi bandwidth for those international guests who can’t use US cellular data.

If I pull my first lightning lane at 7am, can I pull another at 11am if I haven't entered the park yet? I don't mean park hopping. I mean I want to go to the park later in the afternoon. Thanks!

You may book a second LL reservation 2 hours after park opening so it will depend on what time the park opens that you have a reservation for of the park where you make your first LL reservation.

Last edited:
If I pull my first lightning lane at 7am, can I pull another at 11am if I haven't entered the park yet? I don't mean park hopping. I mean I want to go to the park later in the afternoon. Thanks!
Yes, we did this most every day of our trip. We usually left the hotel room 90 minutes to 2 hours after our park opened, so would get the next LL from hotel parking lot or park parking lot - we stayed near the airport

I just bought a Genie+ (for science) and tested it. It’s for the park for which you made your first selection. Made a park res for Epcot, got a LL at 7am for a ride at HS. It says my next eligibility is at 11.
So park reservation at Epcot doesn’t matter as long as your first Genie+ booking is for HS! Wow. I thought it was 2 hrs from the reserved park (Epcot). I used Genie+ in November but we didn’t park hop.

So while park hopping, is there something special you need to do or just have a park reservation at Epcot, have park hoppers and try booking Genie+ ride for a different park (it automatically gives availability 2 pm onwards for HS)?

How about LlIA$ (Can you choose an earlier LL in error or does it show 2 pm onwards at Hs)

Last edited:
As far as booking a ride on the park you will hop to. It’ll show you what the current window available is, even if before 2pm. But if it’s a park you are hopping to as soon as you pick it, it books it for 2-3 if the current window was before 2.

as far as ILL.. I don’t know what it’ll do. I figured I would make sure to pick at 2pm or later since I get to pick the time, but not sure what happens if by mistake you pick something before 2.

Yes.

On our arrival day last week we made one G+ LL at 7 AM EST from the airport before the flight took off, another at 11 AM, and another at 1 PM and arrived at DHS about 2:30 with 3 G+ LL and one ILL for ROTR ready to use.

our trip is next month, i purchased genie +. PLEASE HELP... All this Genie+ LL, ILL info has got my head going in circles.

In order to increase my chances, How do I need to go about booking/purchasing ILL for ratatouille?

Do I need to have a ressie for EPCOT before it'll let me book/purchase it?

Should I skip trying to score it through Genie+ LL or go straight to ILL and pay for it? Like, what are the chances of it being sold out if I try genie+ LL first?

our trip is next month, i purchased genie +. PLEASE HELP... All this Genie+ LL, ILL info has got my head going in circles.

In order to increase my chances, How do I need to go about booking/purchasing ILL for ratatouille?

Should I skip trying to score it through Genie+ LL or go straight to ILL and pay for it? Like, what are the chances of it being sold out if I try genie+ LL first?
You cannot book Remy through Genie+, the only option is standby or purchasing an ILL. You do not need a reservation for Epcot, you can book for after 2pm and hop there.

You can't book the Remy ride without paying for individual lightning lane. It's not included with "regular" Genie+. You either pay the individual lightning lane cost for each person in your party, or you wait standby.

Wow I made it through 50+ pages of this (started past 80) and I think I have a good handle on it. Here is my question, so far as I can tell in reading through, Genie + and the $LL are really only a good option if you are staying on site, or am I missing something? If all on site people get to book at 7am, and off site have to wait till opening of park, things like RoTR will for sure be gone.....or is there some part of this that Im not understanding. Now Im guessing if you go during off peak times, it might still be beneficial. I however am stuck going the worst possible time, Spring Break. I am glad we went for a one day drop in last year, and we were able to ride RoTR via the BG. Oh how I wish my daughters band picked a different time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter