The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

If I’m going to AK in the morning but only planning to book LLs for my afternoon at Epcot (so just LLs with windows starting at 2pm). If at 7am I book my first LL for an Epcot ride, when does my 2 hour rule activate?
AK opening at 9am - so can search and book second LL at 11am
or
Epcot opening at 10am - so can search and book at 12pm

If I’m going to AK in the morning but only planning to book LLs for my afternoon at Epcot (so just LLs with windows starting at 2pm). If at 7am I book my first LL for an Epcot ride, when does my 2 hour rule activate?
or
That's a good question, I think I've heard it goes by the park reservation that you have so it should be 11...

or
The 2-hour window starts at the opening of whichever park you have a reservation for.

oh.. i thought it was based on the opening time for the park for whatever the G+ was for (and not which park you had a park reservation for). darn. my plan for a HS day was to have a park res for EC and stack for HS for the afternoon, go in via IG (staying at dolphin).. have lunch, then hop on gondola. but if it's as you state it sets me back against all the other HS folks.

Last edited:
With stacking, even if you are going to wait and go to the park in the evening and stack as much as possible, you could reserve rides at: 7 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM. I mean, those are the times that you can make the reservations (not times to go on the rides). So by 3 PM, you could have four reservations.

However, I have been watching Hollywood studios and by midday many of the more desirable attractions have no more availability. Rarely, when they do, it is late in the evening.

Disney seems to be selling too many Genie plus tickets because it is exhausting their supply on many attractions. It seems like they need to raise the price or sell fewer of them?

My question is when does the eligibility open for the 2 hours. It's not always 11am, 1pm, etc. It depends on park opening time. My question is, is it based on the opening time of the park you have a park pass for, or based on the opening time for the park the ride is on.

or

Awhile back I was told by someone here who did it that it is based on where the ride you made your first G+ booking was. That said, there have been changes made since that time and I see that many other people are responding that it's based on the park where your reservation is. So I'm unsure now.

My question is when does the eligibility open for the 2 hours. It's not always 11am, 1pm, etc. It depends on park opening time. My question is, is it based on the opening time of the park you have a park pass for, or based on the opening time for the park the ride is on.
It’s for your first park of the day, so the one where you have the reservation.

Sorry, I know this has been asked but not on the 12+ pages I've read. We have decided not to use Genie + every day, only for the DHS day. (right now). Can we purchase the Genie+ for DHS at 12 am the morning of our reservation? I don't want to get caught up trying to do that plus make selections at 6? or 7? Thanks

or
Both in November and December our experience was that the 2-hour rule starts when the park at which you booked your first LL opens, NOT the park you necessarily have a reservation for (this is only true for park hoppers because they have the option to book LL’s elsewhere first thing in the morning).

For example, if you park reservation is for EPCOT but you book your first LL for an attraction at HS, then the two-hour rule will start when HS opens. This was our experience every day of our trip (we park hopped each day and always booked evening LL’s for our second park).

If the rule has changed, you can always do a “check”. Book your first LL at 7am. Then immediately try to book a second LL, it will tell you you aren’t eligible yet and then give you the exact time you are eligible to book the next one.

Sorry, I know this has been asked but not on the 12+ pages I've read. We have decided not to use Genie + every day, only for the DHS day. (right now). Can we purchase the Genie+ for DHS at 12 am the morning of our reservation? I don't want to get caught up trying to do that plus make selections at 6? or 7? Thanks

Yes you can. I did our purchase at about 6:45 am with no problem.

Yes. We booked it at midnight last month, then went to bed. Woke up at 6:55 am and booked our first LL at 7:00 am. Rolled over and went back to sleep to get a few more zzz’s.

Last edited:
Awhile back I was told by someone here who did it that it is based on where the ride you made your first G+ booking was. That said, there have been changes made since that time and I see that many other people are responding that it's based on the park where your reservation is. So I'm unsure now.
If it is the park you have a reservation for and not the park in which you made your first reservation then that is a change from when I was there in November. Say park res is for AK, and at 7am I book Test Track. AK opens at 8am, so at 10am, I would be able to book another Epcot before those with an Epcot reservation are eligible to book a second LL. If there has indeed been a change, then I’ll take that advantage for afternoon stacking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter