The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

question.. can I purchase LL for Remy from the airport in Philly at 7am (staying on property checking in that day at 1030am) have park passes for Epcot day 1...or do I have to wait until we land and in Orlando?
We did this in Nov when AA cancelled flights. We couldn’t get into Epcot until 6:30 pm. We purchased Frozen and Remy (at 7 am) and had a dinner ADR.

Was she maybe there during the time that some of the $ILL were changed to Genie+ LL's?

I'm not sure BUT her ILL's were the four that I know stayed put. Remy, 7D, FoP and RoR. She said she did Remy four times, 7D three times, FoP three times and RoR three times. If she was there after Christmas when it went back to two, then it is even worse because she has space two times, runaway railroad once and frozen twice. She states she was there for 4.5 park days (5 day tickets)

I think it's as I thought....an over inflate to explain the love of G+. At the end of the day, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything :)

Here's how this could have worked yesterday at Magic Kingdom to stack for the evening --

12:00, return time for Jungle Cruise 6:30-7:30
2:00, return time for Peter Pan 6:15-7:15
4:00, return time for Big Thunder 7:00-8:00, or Haunted Mansion 7:45-8:45, or Pirates 6:30-7:30

(Data from thrill-data.com)

Since you can only access LL once per attraction per day, you wouldn't want to get LLs in the morning for anything you planned to stack for the evening. You could do your 12:00 through 4:00 stacking while lounging around the resort pool.
By 12 we already rode Jungle cruise (booked as first pass), Pirates, Big thunder and magic carpets. So choose one side of the park for AM, another side for PM.

I'm not sure BUT her ILL's were the four that I know stayed put. Remy, 7D, FoP and RoR. She said she did Remy four times, 7D three times, FoP three times and RoR three times. If she was there after Christmas when it went back to two, then it is even worse because she has space two times, runaway railroad once and frozen twice. She states she was there for 4.5 park days (5 day tickets)

I think it's as I thought....an over inflate to explain the love of G+. At the end of the day, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything :)
If the ride breaks down or a part of it is not functioning, then an anytime pass is issued. We had that happen on MMRR (they only gave a pass for 2 riders, we had a party of 4 riders, 1 infant).

Did she state any were done via standby?

Probably a minor detail she's leaving out

Could it be she's counting the times she rode standby?

Can I go back and forth between parks for G+ reservations? Our plan is to tour HS in the morning and Epcot in the evening. I'm hoping to grab a G+ for SDD or maybe MFSR at 7am. Then at 11am (or earlier if I'm lucky enough to use my first G+ before then) I'd like to get one for Test Track if it's booking in the evening. Then at 1pm get another one for HS. Would this work?

Can I go back and forth between parks for G+ reservations? Our plan is to tour HS in the morning and Epcot in the evening. I'm hoping to grab a G+ for SDD or maybe MFSR at 7am. Then at 11am (or earlier if I'm lucky enough to use my first G+ before then) I'd like to get one for Test Track if it's booking in the evening. Then at 1pm get another one for HS. Would this work?
I wouldnt recommend. We’ve had security take out every single thing in my diaper bag. We carry AuviQ and had car keys we forgot about. It takes time to go between parks/rides.

I wouldnt recommend. We’ve had security take out every single thing in my diaper bag. We carry AuviQ and had car keys we forgot about. It takes time to go between parks/rides.
Have you visited since the new security measures were put in place in summer 2020? No longer any need to unpack bags, just walk through scanners. Very fast and efficient for the majority of people.

Have you visited since the new security measures were put in place in summer 2020? No longer any need to unpack bags, just walk through scanners. Very fast and efficient for the majority of people.
I went 3 times post covid. This happened nov 2021. I do believe it was someone having a bad day. The Second security person looked at him multiple times as he asked me to separate clothes, diapers (They usually just squeeze them to look for metal).

Last edited:
I don’t think the poster means leave and go to Epcot and then return to DHS for one ride. They just want to make G+ in the evening at Epcot and when their 2 hour window opens then make one for earlier in the day at DH.

If so yea you can.

I don’t think the poster means leave and go to Epcot and then return to DHS for one ride. They just want to make G+ in the evening at Epcot and when their 2 hour window opens then make one for earlier in the day at DH.

If so yea you can.
Yes thank you! That is exactly what I was asking. Thanks for confirming!

Seriously, I have read about 100 blogs and never had anyone explained the ability to stack rides with concurrent windows in the afternoon/ evening. This is my new plan. Ride standby early and just book LL for (almost) everything after lunch til we leave. Thank you so much for this advice. Game changer!

This is pretty much my plan for most days. It’s how I utilized FP+ too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter