The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just had our call back for our October booking. Looks like they've finally hammered out the details for F&W festival. They are offering both the 7 and 10 course option in the main dining room, with the 3 additional courses being inspired by the chef's recent world travels. The 7 course price is $185 and the 10 course is $235. I forgot to ask the price of the wine pairings this call, but last time I spoke with them it was $85 for the 7 course.

THANK YOU PsychoCelloChica :). Sandy and I are not "on" until Nov 16.... but we now know that V&A is indeed working through "the list" :). Really - I kind of hope Israel KEEPS this booking method - permanently :).

How strict are they on the age restriction does anyone know? Our daughter is used to fine dining and enjoys it. She is very mature and well behaved. She is 8
If you are staying at a WDW Resort you would have to register and pay for her (tickets and meals plan) as Age 10+ and then you might get away with it.

Thank you for the update. We haven't received our October call back yet. Did they give you a set time or did you get to choose?

I'm just wondering if the $185 (7) course price will remain permanent? The 7 course is currently $150, so that is quite a price jump. Especially since this was offered as an enhanced menu to accompany the F&W 20th anniversary.

It was a bit confusing as we'd been given a reservation number when I initially called with a time set for 6pm. I received an email this morning asked me to call them to discuss our reservation and finalize things, and they told me it would be for 5:15 (which is definitely a bit earlier than I prefer to eat), I asked if it could be moved later and she checked and said since I was one of the first ones to call back, it was no problems and she could move us to a 6:15 slot. So, if you want a particular time, I would suggest you call them as soon as you get the email.

She was getting ready to give us another confirmation number when I asked if we should just disregard the first we received, and she was super surprised that we'd already been booked in the computer system, but said that we could remain at the 6pm time and we were all set with that first number.

We started discussing allergies and she suggested that if I was comfortable with it, replying to the reservation email would be the best way to communicate our (rather lengthy and specific) list of allergies. I did that about an hour later and received a confirmation back from them within 30 minutes.

While I was on the phone, I decided to increase to the 10 course menu (you only live once, right?). And she told us that they would be calling us once more shortly before our arrival to double check, so I have plenty of time to change my mind if needed.

I figure that I can justify the larger menu since we'll probably split the wine pairing (unless I want to carry my wife back to AKL afterwards).

I know with the Queen Victoria room and the chef's table you can take a break between courses and go for a walk to digest a bit. Does anyone know if this an option for the main dining room as well? I'm thinking my wife (who is a grazer by nature) would appreciate it.

Not to be a goof, but what exactly is a call back? we have reservations at V & A for 2nd week of October and haven't gotten anything like that. And, where did you get the food and wine fest. information? thank you!

Our reservation is for October 9th and I received the email asking us to call them this morning. So I imagine you'll hear from them soon. When I initially called, they told us they were changing things for F&W, gave me a reservation, but stated they would call us later to confirm once they knew what they were doing for certain.

I actually really appreciated the email instead of them calling me. I'm not a phone person. And I can't have my phone on at work. So this was easier.

It was a bit confusing as we'd been given a reservation number when I initially called with a time set for 6pm. I received an email this morning asked me to call them to discuss our reservation and finalize things, and they told me it would be for 5:15 (which is definitely a bit earlier than I prefer to eat), I asked if it could be moved later and she checked and said since I was one of the first ones to call back, it was no problems and she could move us to a 6:15 slot. So, if you want a particular time, I would suggest you call them as soon as you get the email.

She was getting ready to give us another confirmation number when I asked if we should just disregard the first we received, and she was super surprised that we'd already been booked in the computer system, but said that we could remain at the 6pm time and we were all set with that first number.

Yes, that is confusing. We weren't given a reservation number; she just jotted down our information and said we would get a call back. Also, our reservation is at the end of Oct, so that is probably why we haven't heard anything back yet. I will definitely call asap upon notification.

We started discussing allergies and she suggested that if I was comfortable with it, replying to the reservation email would be the best way to communicate our (rather lengthy and specific) list of allergies. I did that about an hour later and received a confirmation back from them within 30 minutes.

While I was on the phone, I decided to increase to the 10 course menu (you only live once, right?). And she told us that they would be calling us once more shortly before our arrival to double check, so I have plenty of time to change my mind if needed.

I figure that I can justify the larger menu since we'll probably split the wine pairing (unless I want to carry my wife back to AKL afterwards).

That's right - we only live once. And what's $50 extra at Disney? ;)

I know with the Queen Victoria room and the chef's table you can take a break between courses and go for a walk to digest a bit. Does anyone know if this an option for the main dining room as well? I'm thinking my wife (who is a grazer by nature) would appreciate it.

That's a really good question. I forgot about the break. I'm interested to see how it's going to work with 1/2 our table on 7 course and the other on 10 course? Whatever the outcome, I'm sure they will be well prepared to accommodate the main dining room in a different manner than before.

My reply is within quoted post in blue. :goodvibes

Have any of you guys been lucky to get cancellations on the Chef's Table prior to your visit?
We have a 12/21 QVR and on the wait list for Chef's Table, someone beat us by a day lol. 12/22 is available, but that's our departure day.

We just had our call back for our October booking. Looks like they've finally hammered out the details for F&W festival. They are offering both the 7 and 10 course option in the main dining room, with the 3 additional courses being inspired by the chef's recent world travels. The 7 course price is $185 and the 10 course is $235. I forgot to ask the price of the wine pairings this call, but last time I spoke with them it was $85 for the 7 course.

We are booked for Sept. 8th in the Queen's room. It's our first time dining there. Should I be concerned that we haven't received a phone call yet? We're both vegetarians and I have a tree nut allergy. I don't want to hassle them, but how long do I leave it before I call them to let them know?

We are booked for Sept. 8th in the Queen's room. It's our first time dining there. Should I be concerned that we haven't received a phone call yet? We're both vegetarians and I have a tree nut allergy. I don't want to hassle them, but how long do I leave it before I call them to let them know?

Your date is well before F&W festival, and a lot of what is going on affected only bookings in October and later. So I wouldn't be too worried. Personally, I'd be fine waiting until late August, maybe 2 weeks before your reservation. Your dietary needs are pretty straightfoward compared to a lot of them(my wife and I have 12 between us... we wanted to give them plenty of warning).

Edit: I just noticed your banner! Congrats on DVC! We bought in at VGF in January and this is our first trip back as members as well. We decided to do AKL to stretch our points a bit, especially since we don't plan on much Magic Kingdom time this trip.

Thanks for the info PsychoCelloChica, that makes sense. I keep forgetting F&W is right after our trip. I'll give them a call in August just to give them a heads up!

Thank you! And congrats to you on your DVC purchase! I already told DH that our next trip we will be staying at AKL. I am completely in awe of that resort, but GF has been a 20yr long dream of mine so I couldn't pass up the chance! We are spending quite a bit of time at AKL though. We are having dinner at Jiko's on our AK day. And we also booked the Wild Africa Trek, so we agreed after that we'll head over to AKL to have some wine!

Last edited:
Another question...Sorry everyone!

I have quite a few tattoos (one arm is covered in a Little Mermaid one). I plan on covering most of them up (even though none of them are offensive and they're all "cute"). But I will most likely still have a few showing. Is this going to be an issue at V&A's? I don't know what their policy is on tattoos. I know some people have personal issues against them, but that's a topic for another thread I'm sure.

Thank you for any insight!

We never did receive a phone call from V&A. We were booked for the Queens Room as well and received an email from them a couple of days prior to our dinner last week. They asked if we had any dietary restrictions; I informed them of some of our dislikes and they were quick to respond and meet those requests. When we arrived they also went over the menu with us to make sure we were ok with everything. Let me say it was a fantastic meal. Very expensive, but worth every single penny of it and will do it again.

We never did receive a phone call from V&A. We were booked for the Queens Room as well and received an email from them a couple of days prior to our dinner last week. They asked if we had any dietary restrictions; I informed them of some of our dislikes and they were quick to respond and meet those requests. When we arrived they also went over the menu with us to make sure we were ok with everything. Let me say it was a fantastic meal. Very expensive, but worth every single penny of it and will do it again.

Thank you! I see you are new VGF DVC members too! September will be our first trip as DVC members and our first time at V&As. Needless to say we are very excited. And I have no doubt that V&As will be worth every penny based on everything I've read in this forum!

Just got my email this morning for my 10/19 reservation. Currently waiting on them to return my call.

Jill in CO

Thank you! I see you are new VGF DVC members too! September will be our first trip as DVC members and our first time at V&As. Needless to say we are very excited. And I have no doubt that V&As will be worth every penny based on everything I've read in this forum!

You are going to love both the VGF as well as V&A's. It was the first time for us as well at both and am excited to be booking our trip for next year in the next week or so. You have every reason to be excited. Enjoy! :thumbsup2

Hi there, V & A fans!

I just confirmed my reservation for November 23 in the main dining room and for a client's reservation for October in the Queen Victoria Room. I was told that the 7-course wine pairing will be $65 per guest and the 10-course wine pairing will be $105 per guest (main dining room). I will confirm what another poster said of the courses being inspired by the chef's travels. The Queen Victoria Room is $340 per guest, inclusive of wine pairings. I was told that an enhancement coming to the main dining room is the addition of a cheese trolly at the end of dinner! I love this!

There will also be an in-depth explanation of each wine for guests in the Queen Victoria room.

I am very excited about dining here, as always!

Yay for a cheese trolley! That's one of the things I like best about Remy on the Dream and the Fantasy!

Jill in CO

I'm just wondering if the $185 (7) course price will remain permanent? The 7 course is currently $150, so that is quite a price jump. Especially since this was offered as an enhanced menu to accompany the F&W 20th anniversary.

However, I do like the option of having a 7 or 10 course in the main dining room. We currently have DH/I down for the 10 course and DS/DD down for the 7 course...
Not sure about permanent, but when I called for my early December reservation for the main dinning room 2 weeks ago the 7 or 10 course and new pricing was what I was told.

Hi there, V & A fans!

I just confirmed my reservation for November 23 in the main dining room and for a client's reservation for October in the Queen Victoria Room. I was told that the 7-course wine pairing will be $65 per guest and the 10-course wine pairing will be $105 per guest (main dining room). I will confirm what another poster said of the courses being inspired by the chef's travels. The Queen Victoria Room is $340 per guest, inclusive of wine pairings. I was told that an enhancement coming to the main dining room is the addition of a cheese trolly at the end of dinner! I love this!

There will also be an in-depth explanation of each wine for guests in the Queen Victoria room.

So is the that new price for the Queen's Room after they changes for October everyone is mentioning?

I wonder if that means you don't get a choice on wine pairings then for the QR?

Hi there, V & A fans!

Cheese trolley in the main dining room = awesome! It looks like the QVR is the same price as the 10 course main dining room ($235 + $105 wine pairing).

And when you say "confirmed," you mean they put you down for a specific date, correct? Many of us are already confirmed for reservations; we are just waiting for call-backs and emails on timing...

...now back to waiting for my email. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter