The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how often cancellations occur? We finally decided to book the main dining room for our anniversary dinner, and of course... the available ressie is now gone; and there's nothing available for our whole trip. We're going 9/4-9/12. I'm sure if we had decided to do a different signature restaurant, that V&A ressie would still be there...!

Ok, so we've booked a 9pm ADR for V&A main dining room on 9/11. We arrive at MCO at 6:30, are staying at POFQ ... We could always go direct to GF on the Magical Express if needed.
I've always read that DME will only transport you to your resort as it's not a taxi service. I would plan on taking a taxi from POFQ to the GF to make your 9 pm reservation - figure 1/2 hr. to deplane and board DME and then 1-2 hrs. to wait to leave and reach POFQ. How long is very much a factor of how many resorts they stop at before POFQ.
I reserved for early December today - they are taking names and phone numbers and will call back in a couple of months. The $185 isn't just for F&W apparently, it's $185 for 7 courses and $235 for 10 courses in the main dinning room for December as well.

Last edited:
I've always read that DME will only transport you to your resort as it's not a taxi service. I would plan on taking a taxi from POFQ to the GF to make your 9 pm reservation - figure 1/2 hr. to deplane and board DME and then 1-2 hrs. to wait to leave and reach POFQ. How long is very much a factor of how many resorts they stop at before POFQ.
I reserved for early December today - they are taking names and phone numbers and will call back in a couple of months. The $185 isn't just for F&W apparently, it's $185 for 7 courses and $235 for 10 courses in the main dinning room for December as well.
We're looking at changing our flight to get in earlier, spending the afternoon at DTD then have plenty of time to get ready for dinner

You know, you MIGHT, in some fashion, be able to get to the GF directly, then change quickly into more formal wear for V&A....

But I'm going to ask you to not do this. Please, go to V&A when there is no rush, you have plenty of time, and can RELAX a bit. This is a great 5 star restaurant, run by a complete genius. It's not a ride :).

You are going to have a WONDERFUL dinner - we've had several. Unlike just about everything else at WDW? Please - take your time, perhaps go on day 3-4, and ENJOY this wonderful place :).

For the 13th time, a kaleidoscope of extraodrinary flavors served in a memorable style by first-class V&A staffers!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful time! In December my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in the Queen's Room. You are served the same menu as the Chef's Table. It was quiet and relaxing. There were only four tables, and near the end of the evening, a gentleman at one of the tables got down on his knee and proposed to his girlfriend. How sweet! Our evening was awesome in every way!!! (Just close your eyes when you sign the bill...LOL)

.... and near the end of the evening, a gentleman at one of the tables got down on his knee and proposed to his girlfriend.....

Now, it's good to know that there ARE still good men in this world who are not as old as I am :). WAY TO GO, noble gentleman :).

This Sunday is our big day with dinner in the Queen Victoria Room. Next year is my wife and my 30th anniversary, but couldn't wait that long; I bought her a new ring and a nice shiny diamond (LOL) in the center. She has had her wedding ring for the better part of 25 years. She has no idea. I have already stopped by and talked with them. I have made plans for them to serve it too her during dinner. I'm just hoping she doesn't kill me for spending the money on it. LOL

As we continued on our 1,000+ mile drive home, we stopped this evening for dinner at a Cracker Barrel in VA. The bill was considerably less than our V&A meal last evening. :rolleyes1

I love a good Cracker Barrel meal :D

Some day I will try V&A! We never seem to get there when we travel as a family, but since I've started going solo, I'm just not sure about eating here on my own. Dining solo usually doesn't bother me at all, but my impression of V&A is that it's mostly couples on "date nights", and I think I would feel kind of weird sitting there by myself!

I'm probably just being paranoid, but this thread will have to suffice until I get my courage up ;)

Some day I will try V&A! We never seem to get there when we travel as a family, but since I've started going solo, I'm just not sure about eating here on my own. Dining solo usually doesn't bother me at all, but my impression of V&A is that it's mostly couples on "date nights", and I think I would feel kind of weird sitting there by myself!

I'm probably just being paranoid, but this thread will have to suffice until I get my courage up ;)

We have seen solo diners in both the main dining room and the QV room. But only those two occasions. Perhaps, you could request the table nearest to the harpist, a location that wouldn't be so isolated.

Booked our Queen Victoria's Room reservation for December :)
We're on the wait-list for the chef's table, figure the next day it's available, but we're departing :(

I have dined solo there many times, and have never felt out of place. I usually write about the meal in my journal and take photographs of the food during the meal. I have sometimes fallen into conversation with other diners and had some lovely social experiences as well, especially in the Queen Victoria room. Go for it, you won't be sorry! These meals are some of the most memorable experiences of my food life.

This Sunday is our big day with dinner in the Queen Victoria Room. Next year is my wife and my 30th anniversary, but couldn't wait that long; I bought her a new ring and a nice shiny diamond (LOL) in the center. She has had her wedding ring for the better part of 25 years. She has no idea. I have already stopped by and talked with them. I have made plans for them to serve it too her during dinner. I'm just hoping she doesn't kill me for spending the money on it. LOL
How romantic is THAT! she's lucky to have you...I'm sure for many reasons! Congratulations a bit early on your Anniversary!

We just had our call back for our October booking. Looks like they've finally hammered out the details for F&W festival. They are offering both the 7 and 10 course option in the main dining room, with the 3 additional courses being inspired by the chef's recent world travels. The 7 course price is $185 and the 10 course is $235. I forgot to ask the price of the wine pairings this call, but last time I spoke with them it was $85 for the 7 course.

We just had our call back for our October booking. Looks like they've finally hammered out the details for F&W festival. They are offering both the 7 and 10 course option in the main dining room, with the 3 additional courses being inspired by the chef's recent world travels. The 7 course price is $185 and the 10 course is $235. I forgot to ask the price of the wine pairings this call, but last time I spoke with them it was $85 for the 7 course.

And that 7 or 10-course option may be extended permanently.

All the best!:thumbsup2

Thank you for the update. We haven't received our October call back yet. Did they give you a set time or did you get to choose?

And that 7 or 10-course option may be extended permanently.

All the best!:thumbsup2

I'm just wondering if the $185 (7) course price will remain permanent? The 7 course is currently $150, so that is quite a price jump. Especially since this was offered as an enhanced menu to accompany the F&W 20th anniversary.

However, I do like the option of having a 7 or 10 course in the main dining room. We currently have DH/I down for the 10 course and DS/DD down for the 7 course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter