The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I feel like Vicky & Al's is such a complicated restaurant choice. Here's a spot for all of the information newbies need before going. Some sample topics for discussion...

Main Dining Room vs. Chef's Table

Pricing for Both Options

Menu Set-Up

Positives vs. Negatives

Food Reviews

& more!

I just ate there on my birthday 6-30. One thing they did for me was accomidate my needs for small portions due to a Gastric Bypass surgery 2 and a half years ago. When I first called they said they dont adjust the price. One of the managers called me but we played telephone tag and never got to talk.

When I arrived the waiter told me that they would be happy to accomodate me. I could go with the regular menu or just pick which pieces I wanted and they would charge me an a la carte price.

I got tiny portions of every course and it was still too much food. I think that my cost was 75.00.

I got to try each course and the tiny portions helped.

We are going back in October!! I want to be a regular there!

We eat here at least once a year and my biggest complaint is that bread. It should not be so good. It should not tempt diners to fill up on it instead of the food. Victoria and/or Albert should not bring a new piece as soon as you pick up the last of your current piece. That bread is evil.

I realize that V & A's can be quite expensive. Can anyone give me an average price of a main dining room meal? How does it work there? I think I have read that they call ahead of time about your likes and dislikes?

I LOVE V&A :love: We go everytime we visit WDW.

They ask you about dislikes/food allergies when you first make your reservation. They call to confirm your reservation a few weeks before you go and reconfirm everything then.

You have to get the coffee when you go . . . so tasty and you'll love the way it's brewed.

I realize that V & A's can be quite expensive. Can anyone give me an average price of a main dining room meal? How does it work there? I think I have read that they call ahead of time about your likes and dislikes?

We ate there last month. Total price with tip and sharing the wine pairing was $392. They did call about a week before to confirm and noted my seafood allergy. Best meal we ever had. We will be back.

One thing that brings the bill down a bit at Victoria & Albert's is to use a Tables in Wonderland card while dining there. That decreases the bill by 20%, and when dining there, that's pretty substantial.

Another tip is to not call it Vicky & Al's when you're there. :thumbsup2

It's a fixed price menu. You either get the wine pairings or not. When we went in January, I believe it was $125 without and $175 with (or something in that ballpark). You get 6 courses, with a choice of 3 dishes per course. You order all your choices at once, including dessert.

They called us about 10 days before our reservation to ensure that they had the correct spelling of our names (everyone gets a personalized menu), and to see what our likes & dislikes are. My d doesn't do seafood, so they had other choices for her "fish" course.

It's just wonderful!

In addition to the price fixe, they have "upgrades" on several of the courses and I can definitely vouch for the quality of those upgrades. I've done the caviar, fois gras and kobe beef upgrades on various meals and it's all been excellent.

how much is the kobe upgrade? I've dined there at the chefs table. The Kobe was included in that price. I'm going back to eat in the reg dining room in oct.

how much is the kobe upgrade? I've dined there at the chefs table. The Kobe was included in that price. I'm going back to eat in the reg dining room in oct.

The kobe is $35 and the wagyu is $80. Both are excellent. I did the wagyu on our very last visit and it's definitely the best piece of beef I've ever tasted but it was so rich tasting to me that I could not finish it.

If you are a wine drinker I highly recommend the wine pairings. OMG we are still talking about how the wine just sang in our mouths for the first course.

Ohhhhh it's not regular bread....it's perfectly matchedto accompany your course with a matching butter. Evil indeed. I just took 2 small bites but my boyfriend seemed to be in ecstasy over one of the breads.

When I was there the up charge for the Kobe was $100, there was an up charge for cavier, abalone also.

Funny thing when we went, I gave them all the information and my boyfriends menu was his full name with my last name added. We laughed about that all night. Now that was a souvenier!

I really loved getting seriously dressed up right in the middle of our vacation and the little blue Tiffany bag waiting on my plate when I got back from the bathroom made it an unforgetable evening!

Vicky and Al’s, OK, Victoria and Albert’s is one of the finest dining events I have ever experienced. I say event because it is more than a meal at a fine restaurant. My first visit was in the mid ‘90’s and I have been back three more times. My now 15 YO daughter went the last two times and would go again in a heartbeat.

If you want it, they will do everything in their power to deliver. Just let them know. We celebrated New Year’s Eve there this year. She had since become a vegetarian and they had a separate menu for her. If you are interested, here is a recap from my New Year’s trip report. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30174043&postcount=52

Any questions, let me know.

Am I correct in assuming that reservations for Victoria & Albert's cannot be made using the online dining system. There is no "Book a Reservation" box associated with that restaurant.

Michele,
You are correct. You have to call. I called yesterday morning right at 7:00 and they were great. I tried for the Chef's Table but it was already gone so we will be in the regular dining room. We finished going over all the details around 7:10 and they had to transfer me back to the main ADR center to make the rest of my ADR's so I thought I'd be on hold for awhile but they sent me right to another CM who took care of all my other ADR's.

Cathy

We wanted to do the Chef's Table so bad on our Honeymoon last year but it was booked every day of our trip. We thought about trying for it this year. I'm not sure we are "classy" enough for the regular dining room. I'm afraid we will stick out like a sore thumb. :eek: I have so many food allergies they might tell me I'm too much trouble to accommodate too. But I want to eat there SO bad.

We plan on eating at V&A on our trip next year, I know I can request no sea food and no offal which will be OK, but can you also request how well cooked your meat is, or is that frowned upon? I really can't eat meat that isn't well cooked.

We plan on eating at V&A on our trip next year, I know I can request no sea food and no offal which will be OK, but can you also request how well cooked your meat is, or is that frowned upon? I really can't eat meat that isn't well cooked.

I'm sure they'd accomodate your request, but considering the quality of the food, you'd really be ruining excellent cuts of meat by asking for it to be cooked anywhere past medium/medium rare. Also, Kobe/Wagyu should never be cooked past med rare. The fat melts away and the meat is very dry (I learned the hard way when I overcooked a piece at home).

One thing that brings the bill down a bit at Victoria & Albert's is to use a Tables in Wonderland card while dining there. That decreases the bill by 20%, and when dining there, that's pretty substantial.

Another tip is to not call it Vicky & Al's when you're there. :thumbsup2

LOL! I think Nikki's seen me refer to the place as "Vicki and Al's Diner" when I wanted to be facetious. ;) I used the Tables in Wonderland discount in October. FYI to everyone: It's only valid in the main dining room, not Chef's Table.

In addition to the price fixe, they have "upgrades" on several of the courses and I can definitely vouch for the quality of those upgrades. I've done the caviar, fois gras and kobe beef upgrades on various meals and it's all been excellent.

Sadly, the foie gras has been taken off the menus in the Disney-owned restaurants last October, JUST before my trip. Let me tell you I was not a happy camper. I wrote to Disney to voice my displeasure, and a nice sympathetic lady called me. Couldn't give me more than the "company spin" on the decision, but she was nice.

No online booking, and no 90 + 10 - it's a straight 90 days.

If you are after the Chef's Table, you can't use the TIW discount there - only in the main dining room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!