• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a long shot, but I figured I would ask (and the Disney help chat is currently offline).

Does anyone know if any of the Disney Dining Plans can work for Victoria and Albert's? If I'm remembering correctly, I think the Platinum Plan covers one dinner. I myself have the (regular?) Disney Dining Plan. I know one of my main meals will not cover V&A's, but I heard from my mother-in-law that at some places you could trade in two dining credits for one dining meal. I don't know how good her information is, so I figured I'd ask.

And thank you everyone who is giving such helpful info and wonderful pictures! You're convincing me to make a reservation, with or without the help of a dining plan. :)
Unfortunately you can't use standard DDP credits at V&A.

I read somewhere that if you can't book the chef's table you can request the chef's menu in the main dinning room or the queen Victoria's room. Does anyone know if this is true?

It is my understanding the Queen Victoria's room menu is nearly identical to the Chef's Table menu. I have not heard of anyone claiming they requested the 10-course menu in the main dining room. Except for the 10-courses, I'm no longer sure what the draw for the Queen Victoria's room is anymore. I was very disappointed to discover the table-side presentations are no longer being done.

We had a party of 8 and got the "whole" room. It was a 10 course meal. The normal config of the room is 4 tables (2 head each), but ours were combined into a single table with doors closed for the meal. Very private and wonderful.
I think the charm of the VR or Chef's table is much more high touch, with the Chef coming and fielding questions. We met the Chef and he REALLY took time answering our questions, much more than I would have thought a busy Chef would take. He was awesome to converse with.

IMO, you are paying for an experience, and VR and CT are Creme a' la Creme. Again... just my opinion

Hopefully someone can help me out - I'm not seeing any availability online for our dates (or any dates) in Oct/Nov...however, just to compare, I checked Aug/Sep, and there is availability. That seems strange to me. :confused:

Is this a glitch? :confused3

In 2011, I booked 2 or 3 months out no problem...

TIA

They are changing the menu/pricing and you need to call to get your name on a list. I was told they would call everyone back in the order they received requests with the confirmed time. I called several weeks ago...no idea when I will hear back.

They are changing the menu/pricing and you need to call to get your name on a list. I was told they would call everyone back in the order they received requests with the confirmed time. I called several weeks ago...no idea when I will hear back.

That's what my DF and I found out as well. We were told they would be altering their dining for F&W and the price would begin at $185 per plate. The sittings would be between 5 - 9 PM. They told us we would be called in the next 6-8 weeks. That was four weeks ago so we're expecting a call sometime within the next month.

I got one!!! I got one!!! Dec 2 @6:30 Queen Victoria Room.

Ok details I got when they call back this afternoon, Chef table is booked sold till dec 10th. as of 3.30pm today.

Their computer system is down (not shocking) poor woman was doing all ressie old school, with a book you could hear the pages turning.

They still have several openings for reg room and Queen Victoria Room the first 10 days of December.

I'm glad there is a reason I couldn't book Dec 6th this morning online. I'm calling the VA line when it opens in a few minutes! Thanks for the info.

Yes! They called me at 1 in the afternoon. I got the Q V room. I had to shift my days though. I have to find another O'hana reservation. I'm very excited though!

Ok, so we've booked a 9pm ADR for V&A main dining room on 9/11. We arrive at MCO at 6:30, are staying at POFQ and will bring our dress clothes in a carry-on just in case. Do you think this will be a problem? We could always go direct to GF on the Magical Express if needed.

Ok, so we've booked a 9pm ADR for V&A main dining room on 9/11. We arrive at MCO at 6:30, are staying at POFQ and will bring our dress clothes in a carry-on just in case. Do you think this will be a problem? We could always go direct to GF on the Magical Express if needed.

No problem - but DO bring dress clothes. V&A does not kid around on this part... they may be the only Disney Restaurant left that is serious about this.

No problem - but DO bring dress clothes. V&A does not kid around on this part... they may be the only Disney Restaurant left that is serious about this.
We're actually considering an earlier flight and just doing DTD in the afternoon so we'll have plenty of time, but my wife needs the ok from her school

My day 180 was June 8th. I was online at midnight trying to book V&A but I kept getting the message that nothing was available for any day during our trip from 12/05-12/13. Not only could I not book V&A, I could not book any other ADRs. I finally gave up after about an hour and set my alarm to try again at 7:00am. The system was up and running for everything but V&A and Ragland Road (I'm still unable to book anything at RR). I booked our other ADRs and then waited for 9:00 when V&A's phone line opened. I called and got the recording to leave a message and I did. I continued to hit redial for the next 2 1/2 hours and never talked to a live person. I counted and I hit redial 63 times! I finally gave up and was resolved to wait for a return call or not visit V&A this trip. About 5 minutes after the last time I hit redial, I get a phone call. It says BLT on my caller ID but it was V&A returning my 1st call when I left a message! I was told that they were not taking reservations online because they were trying to decide if they could set up multiple seatings on the same night at V&A so all ressies would be done by phone for the near future. I'm not sure how they are going to do 2 seatings in one night for QVR or CT but that is what I was told. Nevertheless, we were able to get the Chef's Table for Saturday, 12/12/15! Woohoo! This will be our first time for CT so we are really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
How strict are they on the age restriction does anyone know? Our daughter is used to fine dining and enjoys it. She is very mature and well behaved. She is 8

How strict are they on the age restriction does anyone know? Our daughter is used to fine dining and enjoys it. She is very mature and well behaved. She is 8

From everything I have heard from others, very strict and as flexible as they are with men having to wear a jacket; not flexible at all. I do understand where you are coming from though, my DD is soon to be 18, but she was always well behaved in restaurants and was use to fine dining as well while growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter