• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow--amazing pictures Richard Nixon. You really came through for us! One thing--I'm confused about wagyu vs. kobe beef on the menu and why there would be an upcharge. I had kobe beef (in Kobe actually) many years ago. I thought all kobe beef was wagyu, but not all wagyu was from Kobe, Japan. Is that wrong?

Kobe is the region, and Wagyu is the breed of cattle. It's like calling sparkling wine from California champagne. Technically, it's allowed with Kobe, but it's not quite exact. Most Wagyu cattle in the US is not pure Wagyu and has been bred with American cattle. I believe that V&A called it Kobe-style for the Australian version.

When I called last Saturday to make our early November ressie, I was told that due to Food and Wine festival, in the months of October and November V&A's would be offering an "elevated menu" with the option of either a 7 or 10 course meal, the 10 course meal being priced at $185 per person. They took all my info and then I was told that since they were finalizing the menu and dining times, I'd be called back in 6-7 weeks to get an official confirmation.

Anyone else hear anything similar? I'm pretty excited about this!

This seems like the perfect place for some questions. My lady friend and I are doing Disney World for the first time next week. We're both foodies, and so one of the ADRs I got for us was the QVR at V&A's. Anyways, it's 10 days out and we haven't received a call from them regarding our menu. Is that not good? I've read about people getting calls but wasn't sure exactly when they'd call. I'm pretty open to trying new things, but she's a little more finicky with what she'll eat. Also neither of us drink coffee, tea, or alcohol. Will that be a problem? And finally, if anyone has a QVR menu from their recent trip, I'd love to see it! Sorry for all the questions! Just so excited. Wish it were a slightly later ADR, but I guess 5:30 will do!

Anyways, it's 10 days out and we haven't received a call from them regarding our menu. Is that not good? I've read about people getting calls but wasn't sure exactly when they'd call. I'm pretty open to trying new things, but she's a little more finicky with what she'll eat.

We will be at the Chef's table in 7 days - I expect a call either Monday or Tuesday, from what I've read of others' experiences. I received an email from Flying Fish on Friday regarding any allergies, etc. - and our reservation for the Chef's wine tasting dinner is next Thursday. So it appears to me that they reach out routinely within about a week or 6 days from a reservation. But, as ZephyrHawk pointed out, calling them directly would also be welcomed. Enjoy your time in the QV room - we ate there on our last trip, and it was so wonderful!

This seems like the perfect place for some questions. My lady friend and I are doing Disney World for the first time next week. We're both foodies, and so one of the ADRs I got for us was the QVR at V&A's. Anyways, it's 10 days out and we haven't received a call from them regarding our menu. Is that not good? I've read about people getting calls but wasn't sure exactly when they'd call. I'm pretty open to trying new things, but she's a little more finicky with what she'll eat. Also neither of us drink coffee, tea, or alcohol. Will that be a problem? And finally, if anyone has a QVR menu from their recent trip, I'd love to see it! Sorry for all the questions! Just so excited. Wish it were a slightly later ADR, but I guess 5:30 will do!
The last two times we ate there, they called us about 3 days prior.

We will be at the Chef's table in 7 days - I expect a call either Monday or Tuesday

So much for expectations - received a call earlier today - exactly 7 days out. It made me pretty darned excited - I smiled during the entire conversation. Told them we left all the dining preferences in their capable hands. Heck, even in the very very OFF chance that there is something served that one of us doesn't enjoy, there will be plenty of food. They said they were excited that our 13-year old was coming to dinner, and made sure to remind us to please make conversation and ask questions of the chefs. The treat of a lifetime!

So much for expectations - received a call earlier today - exactly 7 days out. It made me pretty darned excited - I smiled during the entire conversation. Told them we left all the dining preferences in their capable hands. Heck, even in the very very OFF chance that there is something served that one of us doesn't enjoy, there will be plenty of food. They said they were excited that our 13-year old was coming to dinner, and made sure to remind us to please make conversation and ask questions of the chefs. The treat of a lifetime!

Oh that sounds so awesome! I think we'll take the same approach--I don't want to limit the chef with things like "no mushrooms" (knowing full well that my kids will eat things with mushrooms in it if I don't tell them). We have the CT on the last day of our trip, in September (me, DS17, and DD22, though our reservation is the night before her birthday). So excited! Please post if you can about what your experience was like. :)

I asked today when I called about the Chef's Table. Honestly, the QVR is more than enough, but would love the idea of the Chef's Table.

When I called last Saturday to make our early November ressie, I was told that due to Food and Wine festival, in the months of October and November V&A's would be offering an "elevated menu" with the option of either a 7 or 10 course meal, the 10 course meal being priced at $185 per person. They took all my info and then I was told that since they were finalizing the menu and dining times, I'd be called back in 6-7 weeks to get an official confirmation.

Anyone else hear anything similar? I'm pretty excited about this!
I also called for a reservation towards the end of October and was told they're changing the menu for F&W. However, I was told there would be a price raise and the new 7-course meal would be $185 instead of $150. The 10-course meal would be offered in the main dining room as well, still priced at $200+ (forgot the exact amount since we're planning on the 7-course so I didn't pay attention). I know they are still finalizing everything and CM may have given me wrong info, but I just wanted to point out the possibility so you're not disappointed if there's no 10-course meal for $185.

Oh that sounds so awesome! I think we'll take the same approach--I don't want to limit the chef with things like "no mushrooms" (knowing full well that my kids will eat things with mushrooms in it if I don't tell them). We have the CT on the last day of our trip, in September (me, DS17, and DD22, though our reservation is the night before her birthday). So excited! Please post if you can about what your experience was like. :)

I sure will, Tasha. RichardNixon wrote a very nice review a couple of pages back, but I will plan to write a full trip report, and will come back to share the link here. I agree about the mushrooms. My husband used to be VERY opposed to eating any "fungi" but will eat them at Victoria & Alberts and places like Remy on Disney Cruise Line, because he says they taste great the way the chefs use them in their dishes there. They don't taste like your standard mushrooms, that's for sure. Enjoy your time - it's going to be a special trip for you!

I also called for a reservation towards the end of October and was told they're changing the menu for F&W. However, I was told there would be a price raise and the new 7-course meal would be $185 instead of $150. The 10-course meal would be offered in the main dining room as well, still priced at $200+ (forgot the exact amount since we're planning on the 7-course so I didn't pay attention). I know they are still finalizing everything and CM may have given me wrong info, but I just wanted to point out the possibility so you're not disappointed if there's no 10-course meal for $185.

I can confirm this... we're booked for the first week of October and they quoted me $185 for the 7 course main room, and $70 for the wine pairings when I made our reservation. They also stated that they may be changing the format or seatings and our reservation time may need to be changed, but that they would all us to confirm any changes and make sure we still wanted the reservation. I don't remember the exact 10 course price, but it was at least $225 or higher.

I can confirm this... we're booked for the first week of October and they quoted me $185 for the 7 course main room, and $70 for the wine pairings when I made our reservation. They also stated that they may be changing the format or seatings and our reservation time may need to be changed, but that they would all us to confirm any changes and make sure we still wanted the reservation. I don't remember the exact 10 course price, but it was at least $225 or higher.
Thank you and @bunnyboo too!
I was wondering what the wine pairing would be priced at as well. I'm glad you got that bit! Now to try to talk my fiance down from the 10 course idea. He heard '10 courses' and was sold!

Thank you and @bunnyboo too!
I was wondering what the wine pairing would be priced at as well. I'm glad you got that bit! Now to try to talk my fiance down from the 10 course idea. He heard '10 courses' and was sold!
Talk down from the 10 course? Let the man eat :).
In all seriousness, there is not (relatively speaking) much of a price difference between the 7 and 10 course. The wine pairing is about $30 extra as well, but u get 3 more wines. Please, oh please share the wine pairing, else (like one of our friends), you might fall out of your shoes. It is a full pour per course and 10 glasses is way too much.
Have FUN. Tis such a great experience.

Talk down from the 10 course? Let the man eat :).
In all seriousness, there is not (relatively speaking) much of a price difference between the 7 and 10 course. The wine pairing is about $30 extra as well, but u get 3 more wines. Please, oh please share the wine pairing, else (like one of our friends), you might fall out of your shoes. It is a full pour per course and 10 glasses is way too much.
Have FUN. Tis such a great experience.

Yup! We're going with the pairing too.
The wine pairing was $65 and $105+ for the ten course options prior, did it rise?

Hi! I'm new to this forum but used it to figure out how to reserve the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's - we can't wait!! Just wanted to thank everyone else who's posted on this topic, and provide some additional info about how they're doing reservations now (for the Chef's Table, Queen Victoria Room and general restaurant). First, I made a ridiculously long hotel reservation that I'll change later so that I could benefit from the 190-day advance reservation opportunity (we've tried a couple times before with 180 and haven't been able to get it). I called the general Disney number to confirm that I'd be able to change/cancel the hotel and to verify the logistics. On day 190 (180+10) from the first day that we actually plan to go, I tried going online at 6am ET (as others have suggested) to make the reservation. At 6am, the message changed from, essentially, "we can't run this search right now" to "there are no tables available." I tried to get reservations for the Queen Victoria Room and general restaurant and got the same message. I called the general Disney number and they said that V&A reservations are handled separately through V&A (407-WDW-DVNA (939-3862)), so I called them and left a message.

I got a call back about 2 hours later and got the Chef's Table reservation! The woman from V&A explained to me that because of the Food & Wine Festival in October and November, the chefs aren't sure what the V&A menus will be, number of courses, number of tables/parties, etc. so they are not taking any online reservations for any of the 3 V&A venues at this time. They are taking Chef's Table reservations manually over the phone, and I assume they're taking Queen Victoria Room and main restaurant reservations as well, but didn't ask. Then, at some point over the summer, the electronic reservation system will open up for any remaining available tables. Like someone else mentioned, I was also told that I'd be getting a call back in 6-7 weeks when they would electronically process the reservation, link it to my Disney account, give me a confirmation number, etc. Hopefully nothing gets lost in the shuffle!

And finally, if anyone has a QVR menu from their recent trip, I'd love to see it!

QVR April 25th. The only items we told them we had adversions to were cucumbers for me and cantaloupe for my husband. We each had the wine pairing.

I know this is a long shot, but I figured I would ask (and the Disney help chat is currently offline).

Does anyone know if any of the Disney Dining Plans can work for Victoria and Albert's? If I'm remembering correctly, I think the Platinum Plan covers one dinner. I myself have the (regular?) Disney Dining Plan. I know one of my main meals will not cover V&A's, but I heard from my mother-in-law that at some places you could trade in two dining credits for one dining meal. I don't know how good her information is, so I figured I'd ask.

And thank you everyone who is giving such helpful info and wonderful pictures! You're convincing me to make a reservation, with or without the help of a dining plan. :)

I would be in awe if combining dining credits is allowed at V&A. They also recently took away the Tables In Wonderland discount :sad1:

I would be in awe if combining dining credits is allowed at V&A. They also recently took away the Tables In Wonderland discount :sad1:

I would be impressed to but OH NO! I've been reading about the Tables in Wonderland discount and would have happily signed up for it just to help save a few dollars! But thank you for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter