The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked for Sept. 21st and received a confirmation call just last night. Our children gifted us V&A as a 35th Anniversary present. I was informed that the main dining room price had increased to $150. A gift card was given to us for the meal, wine pairings, tax and tip. I had no idea if my son was told of the increase when he paid for the gift. It was a little awkward, but I had to ask the caller if he had been informed. She checked and said no, with the amt. on the gift card we would need to pay the difference. We would be happy to do so, just awkward.
We have wanted to experience V & A's for some time and we are so excited.

Our esteemed UncleRemulus, in post #1409 of this thread,

"The wine pours are quite small--MRS U estimated 2--at best 3-- oz pours when we were there in April. So it wouldn't be much (if any) more than two regular glasses of wine at most restaurants"

JenKatt, this is right in line with what we have received in all our past visits (last visits were May14 and Dec13 both in the main dining room) so yes, YMMV. We've been pretty disappointed with the portions in our half dozen or so visits we will probably will skip the pairings going forward.
I asked around to some other folks who have been there as well and none of them averaged 2-3 oz pours. I'd be darn angry if that was the pour. Especially if you figure (which I think is erroneous) that it would be equivalent to 2 glasses at a regular restaurant. I'm no lightweight and the wine pairings are more than that.
So yes, YMMV, but I haven't talked to anyone outside of this thread who say 2-3 oz pours.

Funny, I was actually hoping the pours were smaller. We are kind-of lightweights and even though we are staying at GF I was worried about having to stumble back to our room. Undignified after a meal in such a fine restaurant. ;)

Has anyone ever dined solo?

The Dh is not an adventurous eater and frankly, would probably leave hungry.

I take solo trips and eat in sit-down restaurants all the time. Eating alone does not bother me. I'm not sure why this one feels different, but it does.

I've done V&A 3 times solo....I was treated like a queen and had a great time.

Jill in CO

I've only dined once at V&A and it was a solo birthday trip. Like Jill, I was treated wonderfully. The harpist even came over and wished me a happy birthday. It was a very enjoyable evening and I didn't feel out of place at all.

Funny, I was actually hoping the pours were smaller. We are kind-of lightweights and even though we are staying at GF I was worried about having to stumble back to our room. Undignified after a meal in such a fine restaurant. ;)

You don't have to drink all the wine. :) At least that's what I tell myself...:rotfl2:

Jill in CO

Can anyone confirm that the main dining room is now $150? There was a post on the boards a few days ago that indicated the QVR and Chefs Table would see price increases, but the main dining room would remain $135.

EDITED TO ADD: The V&A page on the WDW website still says that menus start at $135 and wine pairings at $65.

Can anyone confirm that the main dining room is now $150? There was a post on the boards a few days ago that indicated the QVR and Chefs Table would see price increases, but the main dining room would remain $135.

EDITED TO ADD: The V&A page on the WDW website still says that menus start at $135 and wine pairings at $65.

You may want to call them yourself to be sure.
I may have misheard the reservationist but I thought the current prices were $150/225/250 (main/qvr/chef's) up from $135/210/210 (or was chef's 225?). I did not ask when the increase went in or whether ADRs booked before the change would be grandfathered into the previous prices.

We have reservations for this Sunday. When they called me to confirm, they told me that there had been a price increase to $150 for the MDR.

Hey guys, quick question...

Chef's Table vs Queen Victoria's Room.

Which would YOU choose and why, for a party of 2.
Also, what is the 'recommended' method to securing a reservation at the Chef's Table? Is it 180 day maximum window? Any 'tips'?

Hey guys, quick question... Chef's Table vs Queen Victoria's Room. Which would YOU choose and why, for a party of 2. Also, what is the 'recommended' method to securing a reservation at the Chef's Table? Is it 180 day maximum window? Any 'tips'?

This is our first time. We chose MDR. I guess it gives us something to look forward to on the next visit. I just booked 180 days out. However, I have seen a lot of times for MDR for closer in. For instance, I see availability for 11/19 MDR. There could be sooner dates, bit that's the first one that popped up. I think the Chef's Table fills up sooner though.

I'd choose the Queen Victoria room for a party of two, it's quieter, more romantic, but MDR is fine too.
the CT opens 180 days out and books (usually) 180 days out. The other two seating areas will have more availability after 180 days

Hey guys, quick question...

Chef's Table vs Queen Victoria's Room.

Which would YOU choose and why, for a party of 2.
Also, what is the 'recommended' method to securing a reservation at the Chef's Table? Is it 180 day maximum window? Any 'tips'?

I've never dined in the QVR, but my DH and I had the opportunity to dine at the Chef's Table for the first time last week. It was an incredible experience, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I think QVR vs CT really depends on the experience you want. The QVR is very quiet and romantic vs the CT, which is still romantic in its own way, but you're in the kitchen with a lot going on around you. The CT was perfect for my DH and I because it felt more relaxed to us, and we thoroughly enjoyed getting to see behind the scenes and interact with everyone.

I'm personally hoping for another CT reservation in my future, but I don't think you can make a "wrong" decision when it comes to QVR vs CT. The CT typically does book at 180 days, but there is a waiting list available.

We dined in the QVR for our anniversary Jan 1 last trip and are doing it again this NYE trip. It was quiet and romantic. We loved it. The food of course was great, as was the service! Don and Amy were so attentive! We are thinking of the CT when we want to take our sons with us.

I asked around to some other folks who have been there as well and none of them averaged 2-3 oz pours. I'd be darn angry if that was the pour. Especially if you figure (which I think is erroneous) that it would be equivalent to 2 glasses at a regular restaurant. I'm no lightweight and the wine pairings are more than that.
So yes, YMMV, but I haven't talked to anyone outside of this thread who say 2-3 oz pours.

We've done the pairings there for many years--we've dined at V&A 32 or 33 times (maybe 36--I often lose count) since they opened in 1988.

The pours USED to be 4-5 oz.

But in our April trip there is NO QUESTION but that the pours were 2-3 OZ.

Which I might add is what we got at Remy on our Fantasy Cruise in October last year----

We've done the pairings there for many years--we've dined at V&A 32 or 33 times (maybe 36--I often lose count) since they opened in 1988.

The pours USED to be 4-5 oz.

But in our April trip there is NO QUESTION but that the pours were 2-3 OZ.

Which I might add is what we got at Remy on our Fantasy Cruise in October last year----
That's unfortunate. None of us have been there this year (too many good places opening in Tampa), but last year when we went it was still 4-5 oz.
I was absolutely not impressed with Remy, we'll skip it next cruise

Thinking of booking this as a treat for my mom. She's not as adventurous as I am but I think she will love it. I see everyone stating that we will get a confirmation call shortly before our reservation to discuss allergies. She has a couple of serious food allergies. Is this also when u discussed temps of meats? Or did u just do this at restaurant. My mom won't touch anything not well done.

I got an email about a week before our reservation. They asked about food allergies & preferences, including how we liked our meat done. It was duly noted when we arrived at V & A's. I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed the experience.

Hi. I have MDR booked for two for December 26. I don't understand how you are listing the prices. Is it fixed pricing?

I have $500 put aside for our dinner and we want wine or drinks with dinner so thinking I need $600 for tip. Is this about right? Trying to do with cash.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter