The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I got my phone call from V&A yesterday afternoon confirming everything. We are dining there on 8/26 and we are so excited!

How does V&A compare to Remy on DCL? I know one of the menus is from the V&A chef, Hummel.

We couldn't get an early ADR for our trip in 2012. After eating at Remy last month, I must really try V&A now. So, I will try again for an ADR when we go in March. I am hoping to get one this time. We will be staying onsite. Is it hard to get the regular room if you try at 6am on your 180th day out?

I have eaten in V & A twice for my anniversary (12/26). First time I think we made the ADR 4-5 months in advance.. Second time we made it less than 2 months in advance.

We have reservations for 10/4 - I did a DIS search but came up empty. Does anyone have a review of the vegetarian options?

Thank you!

I have eaten in V & A twice for my anniversary (12/26). First time I think we made the ADR 4-5 months in advance.. Second time we made it less than 2 months in advance.

Thanks. Really hoping to get one this time. I think I get to book ADRs middle if September.

We just got our reservation confirmation for next Friday (9/19). I was told the price is now $150 / person, just FYI as I heard $135 / person on disboards when I was booking months ago. So it seems they have had a 10% increase in prices recently. Just a heads up, we are still going and very excited about it!

First, I want to thank everyone for all the info and tips. We are staying at the GF and V&A is a gift from our children for our 35th wedding anniversary. We will be there Sept. 21st. We are so excited!!
We are in the main dining room with the wine pairings. Have the prices increased for that spot? I read somewhere that the main dining room prices did not change.
Also, are the wine pours 3-4 oz. each or larger? I am concerned we will not be able to find our way back to our room.;) . I guess its a good thing we will be staying close by.
I understand that we should be getting a call to confirm, however, we are 6 days out and no call. I will call tomorrow.

This thread has really got me thinking of making a reservation for my next trip

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

First, I want to thank everyone for all the info and tips. We are staying at the GF and V&A is a gift from our children for our 35th wedding anniversary. We will be there Sept. 21st. We are so excited!!
We are in the main dining room with the wine pairings. Have the prices increased for that spot? I read somewhere that the main dining room prices did not change.
Also, are the wine pours 3-4 oz. each or larger? I am concerned we will not be able to find our way back to our room.;) . I guess its a good thing we will be staying close by.
I understand that we should be getting a call to confirm, however, we are 6 days out and no call. I will call tomorrow.

Although a recent post suggested an overall price increase, we were not informed of such by V&A regarding our forthcoming reservation.

The wine pours are approximately 5 ounces, so anticipate a lot of great wine with a wine pairing. Sharing a single wine pairing will allow you to experience three different wines, which will permit you to leave V&A's in "good shape." Last month, we saw a female guest being "assisted" by her male companion as she exited...a circumstance we have seen on more than one occasion at V&A's over the years.

All the best. :thumbsup2

I can't wait for our res on 1/18! Great 1 year wedding anniversary at the chefs table. I want to call Disney cake line to see if they can remake the top of our cake. I have it frozen but I'm are it will be nasty.

We ate there for the first time last week. Wow what an experience! FYI, the price was still $135 in the main dining room. We did have the wine paring too. It was very nice to have the right wine to go with each part of the meal. Also, we are not white wine fans so they pared all our courses with a red wine, perfect!!!! They also reprinted our menus to reflect the change which we said was not necessary but they said they would not have it any other way :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I'm new around here but wanted to share!

I ate at V&A with my parents in 2012, main dining room, it was a lovely experience. Everything was absolutely divine.

I also have an ADR for Valentines Day that will be followed by a private pontoon Wishes Cruise - A Romantic evening for sure! :love: can't wait :mickeyjum

Has anyone ever dined solo?

The Dh is not an adventurous eater and frankly, would probably leave hungry.

I take solo trips and eat in sit-down restaurants all the time. Eating alone does not bother me. I'm not sure why this one feels different, but it does.

Has anyone ever dined solo?

The Dh is not an adventurous eater and frankly, would probably leave hungry.

I take solo trips and eat in sit-down restaurants all the time. Eating alone does not bother me. I'm not sure why this one feels different, but it does.

I've done V&A 3 times solo....I was treated like a queen and had a great time.

Jill in CO

Hi All,
Just ate at V&A's two nights ago and the price for the main dining room was $150. I did the wine pairings, DH did the upgrade to the turbot, and we both did the upgrade to the true Kobe beef. A very pricy evening that was worth every penny! Thanks for all the advice on this thread.

Although a recent post suggested an overall price increase, we were not informed of such by V&A regarding our forthcoming reservation.

The wine pours are approximately 5 ounces, so anticipate a lot of great wine with a wine pairing. Sharing a single wine pairing will allow you to experience three different wines, which will permit you to leave V&A's in "good shape." Last month, we saw a female guest being "assisted" by her male companion as she exited...a circumstance we have seen on more than one occasion at V&A's over the years.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Never had a wine pour at V&A's more than 3oz at best, even at the chef's table.

We've consistently had 4-5 oz pours of traditional wines (ice wines, port, etc being less) in the main room, Queen Victoria room and the chef's table (done the CT 4 times and QV once). However, as with anything, YMMV

So excited to try V&A for the 1st time next week!!! We are celebrating BFF's 40th birthday!! Can't wait!! Btw, are they suppose to call me to confirm our reservation or are we good to go?

We've consistently had 4-5 oz pours of traditional wines (ice wines, port, etc being less) in the main room, Queen Victoria room and the chef's table (done the CT 4 times and QV once). However, as with anything, YMMV

Our esteemed UncleRemulus, in post #1409 of this thread,

"The wine pours are quite small--MRS U estimated 2--at best 3-- oz pours when we were there in April. So it wouldn't be much (if any) more than two regular glasses of wine at most restaurants"

JenKatt, this is right in line with what we have received in all our past visits (last visits were May14 and Dec13 both in the main dining room) so yes, YMMV. We've been pretty disappointed with the portions in our half dozen or so visits we will probably will skip the pairings going forward.

So excited to try V&A for the 1st time next week!!! We are celebrating BFF's 40th birthday!! Can't wait!! Btw, are they suppose to call me to confirm our reservation or are we good to go?

They should call you. We received our call 5 days before the reservation. Enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter