The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is dinner really 4 1/2 hours long if you order the 10 course? Do they only have one seating per night?

Yes, there is only one seating per night. We spent a little over 4 hours although it didn't seem that long. They let you rest between courses, finish your wine, talk to your dinner partner. They also need time between courses to make the next one. The best way to appreciate each course is to let time pass between each one. There's also some bread that they bring in between a couple of courses so you'll need time for that too. If you're going to spend that much money and have so many courses, you don't really want to rush through it. It's not a meal, it's an experience to be savoured.

Yes, there is only one seating per night. We spent a little over 4 hours although it didn't seem that long. They let you rest between courses, finish your wine, talk to your dinner partner. They also need time between courses to make the next one. The best way to appreciate each course is to let time pass between each one. There's also some bread that they bring in between a couple of courses so you'll need time for that too. If you're going to spend that much money and have so many courses, you don't really want to rush through it. It's not a meal, it's an experience to be savoured.
That's my approach. :thumbsup2 It shouldn't be rushed and you shouldn't try and jam something in after it...

Just a personal suggestion.... I post rarely, but this one is important.

Folks, You are very likely to spend anywhere between $500 to $800 for a party of two at V&A. I have not done Chef's table, so those numbers MAY be higher. The experience is ABSOLUTELY worth it. We go to V&A once per year, in November.

Now - having done all that.... I would seriously suggest that this IS your night. Go to V&A, then go back to the Hotel :). Hit the parks tomorrow :). Doing anything else is a little like going to Chucky Cheese for dessert..... you could, but you would just end up with an unhappy feeling about how the day ended :)...

Reading through the last few pages I noticed that the wine pairing is no longer a requirement at QVR. Is there anyone here that can confirm that it's still this way. I have adr for late June in QVR. I'm not a big drinker and the other guest in my party is under 21. I wouldn't mind if the pairings is forced upon me but I would hate to pay for something that my guest can't have. Would like to know so I can switch to the main dining room since we are still within the 180ish day bracket.
This will be my first time dining at V&A. It's a surprise high school graduation present for my niece. I can't wait for this experience.

Reading through the last few pages I noticed that the wine pairing is no longer a requirement at QVR. Is there anyone here that can confirm that it's still this way. I have adr for late June in QVR. I'm not a big drinker and the other guest in my party is under 21. I wouldn't mind if the pairings is forced upon me but I would hate to pay for something that my guest can't have. Would like to know so I can switch to the main dining room since we are still within the 180ish day bracket.
This will be my first time dining at V&A. It's a surprise high school graduation present for my niece. I can't wait for this experience.

We were there in early December in the Queen Victoria Room. There is no requirement to have the wine pairings if you do not want them. I had them. My wife did not. It would have been just as easy for us both to skip the wine pairings. You will also get offered some extras, like extra caviar, Kobe beef instead of the Kobe-like beef from Australia, etc. You can easily turn these down as well.

For the benefit of others, you can also decline the wine pairings, and choose your own bottle, or bottles, of wine from an extensive wine list. The wine pairings are two ounce pours, so if you drink all eight wine pairings, you will have the equivalent of about three or three and a half glasses of wine. I had it, and didn't feel tipsy at all at the end. Of course, the meal occurs over several hours, so the drinking is not excessive.

Finally, you can also choose sparkling cider (non-alcoholic) for the young ones.

You get a choice of water as well, sparkling or still.

It is a great experience. Enjoy your time with your niece!

We were there in early December in the Queen Victoria Room. There is no requirement to have the wine pairings if you do not want them. I had them. My wife did not. It would have been just as easy for us both to skip the wine pairings. You will also get offered some extras, like extra caviar, Kobe beef instead of the Kobe-like beef from Australia, etc. You can easily turn these down as well.

For the benefit of others, you can also decline the wine pairings, and choose your own bottle, or bottles, of wine from an extensive wine list. The wine pairings are two ounce pours, so if you drink all eight wine pairings, you will have the equivalent of about three or three and a half glasses of wine. I had it, and didn't feel tipsy at all at the end. Of course, the meal occurs over several hours, so the drinking is not excessive.

Finally, you can also choose sparkling cider (non-alcoholic) for the young ones.

You get a choice of water as well, sparkling or still.

It is a great experience. Enjoy your time with your niece!

Thank you for the reply. And it's good to know they aren't making us choose the pairing. Even it's just the equivalent of 3.5 glasses. One glass by itself is usually enough for me. Not that I don't get tipsy. I just don't usually like the taste of alcohol. And thank you for letting me know about the other extras.

Does anyone have an information to share about the new menu in the main dining room? I heard a few months ago that they were offering a 10 course menu (similar to the QV room) in the main dining room, but I haven't seen any reviews or anything else about it outside of what I was told by the lady at V&A's I spoke to.

Also, has anyone tried the Miyazaki/Kobe beef there?

Does anyone have an information to share about the new menu in the main dining room? I heard a few months ago that they were offering a 10 course menu (similar to the QV room) in the main dining room, but I haven't seen any reviews or anything else about it outside of what I was told by the lady at V&A's I spoke to.

Also, has anyone tried the Miyazaki/Kobe beef there?[/QUOTE]

I have had the Miyazaki beef there a few times and it is FANTASTIC! It is expensive for what you get considering market price that I can purchase it for on the Internet delivered to my home, but they cook it perfect and it melts in your mouth. Very rich taste and well worth it.

I have had the Miyazaki beef there a few times and it is FANTASTIC! It is expensive for what you get considering market price that I can purchase it for on the Internet delivered to my home, but they cook it perfect and it melts in your mouth. Very rich taste and well worth it.

Oh, thank you!

Do you remember what cut it was? I saw some Miyazaki ribeye that pretty much looked like nothing but fat versus a filet/tenderloin which had more meat on it. I'm very curious to try some real Japanese wagyu, although usually I don't like very fatty cuts of meat. I know the fat in wagyu is different than what's normally found in other types of beef, though.

Oh, thank you!

Do you remember what cut it was? I saw some Miyazaki ribeye that pretty much looked like nothing but fat versus a filet/tenderloin which had more meat on it. I'm very curious to try some real Japanese wagyu, although usually I don't like very fatty cuts of meat. I know the fat in wagyu is different than what's normally found in other types of beef, though.

I am pretty sure it was a strip steak. Small piece and yes it has a lot of marbling in it. The fat is more subtle though in flavor and just adds a richness to it. I know the raw meat looks like all fat, but that isn't what it looks like cooked and it is like butter in your mouth. You wouldn't eat much of it at a time, kind of like pork belly is rich and you just eat a small piece. The fat in this is marbling though unlike a pork belly that is a heavy piece if fat inside.

I am going to WDW for the first time in April for my 40th birthday. I had planned on a dinner at Sanaa for my birthday, but then thought, "let's see if there are any tables left at V&A's..." And there was a table! So I nabbed it! I have read through most of this thread this weekend, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Did the 7 course meal in the MDR go back to $150, or has it now permanently stayed at $185? (Kinda confused whether that was a food and wine thing, or a permanent thing).

2. Someone mentioned above that the wine pairing pours were 2-3 oz instead of 5 as I saw mentioned way back in the thread. Has anyone gone more recently and can attest to the smaller pours now for the wine pairings?

Thank you! :)

Hi all, I'm thinking about going to Victoria and Albert's for the first time for my 30th birthday in August. Can anyone give me current pricing on the main room, and also the chef's table?

Are they currently booking through the Disney website or do I need to call directly? Anything else I need to know? I've been going back and forth on whether or not this is what I want for my big birthday splurge.

I am going to WDW for the first time in April for my 40th birthday. I had planned on a dinner at Sanaa for my birthday, but then thought, "let's see if there are any tables left at V&A's..." And there was a table! So I nabbed it! I have read through most of this thread this weekend, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Did the 7 course meal in the MDR go back to $150, or has it now permanently stayed at $185? (Kinda confused whether that was a food and wine thing, or a permanent thing).

2. Someone mentioned above that the wine pairing pours were 2-3 oz instead of 5 as I saw mentioned way back in the thread. Has anyone gone more recently and can attest to the smaller pours now for the wine pairings?

Thank you! :)

Glad you were able to nab a table! I'll answer what I can... :)

I wish the price had rolled back...but $185 became the permanent price for the MDR on Oct 1, 2015.

Hopefully someone will chime in about the wine; we don't drink...

Happy (early) 40th Birthday!

Hi all, I'm thinking about going to Victoria and Albert's for the first time for my 30th birthday in August. Can anyone give me current pricing on the main room, and also the chef's table?

Are they currently booking through the Disney website or do I need to call directly? Anything else I need to know? I've been going back and forth on whether or not this is what I want for my big birthday splurge.

The price for the MDR is $185 + tax and I "believe" the QVR & CT are both $235 + tax. You will need to call V&A directly for reservations (407) 939-3862.

My advice is to GO for it! And be sure to call at exactly 180 days in advance because tables will fill. We had an ADR in Nov and I couldn't move/switch it at all during our 14 night trip...

Happy (early) 30th Birthday!

Last edited:

I wish the price had rolled back...but $185 became the permanent price for the MDR on Oct 1, 2015.

Aw, thank you!! Much appreciated -- booooo on it remaining $185, but I will likely still keep the booking. FWIW, I managed to book it online. Not sure about QVC or CT online though...

The price for the MDR is $185 + tax and I "believe" the QVR & CT are both $235 + tax. You will need to call V&A directly for reservations (407) 939-3862.

My advice is to GO for it! And be sure to call at exactly 180 days in advance because tables will fill. We had an ADR in Nov and I couldn't move/switch it at all during our 14 night trip...

Happy (early) 30th Birthday!

QVR is $235, but the chefs table is $250. Just a correction.. Really the main dining 10 course option is $235 and is the same menu as the QVR. The 7 course is only available in the MDR and is the $185.

Aw, thank you!! Much appreciated -- booooo on it remaining $185, but I will likely still keep the booking. FWIW, I managed to book it online. Not sure about QVC or CT online though...

You're welcome :) They must've changed it back to booking online. We had to call last year for reservations after Oct 1, 2015.

QVR is $235, but the chefs table is $250. Just a correction.. Really the main dining 10 course option is $235 and is the same menu as the QVR. The 7 course is only available in the MDR and is the $185.

Ah, thanks...I wasn't 100%, since info/prices were jumping around last fall. I think at one point the QVR was higher than the CT with mandatory wine pairings.

And, yes, the MDR now serves both a 7 course menu priced at $185 per person and a 10 course menu priced at $235 per person. I should've known to add that since we had both, ugh. My mind, however, was stuck on addressing the pp's question regarding the MDR's old price of $150...

@AndieKay and @JRoyster86 - I hope this answers your question.

...btw, I took photos of both the 7 and 10 courses in Nov...hopefully I will get the time to upload :)

@AndieKay and @JRoyster86 - I hope this answers your question.

...btw, I took photos of both the 7 and 10 courses in Nov...hopefully I will get the time to upload :)

Yes, it did for mine, though if someone out there is current with the wine pairing pours, I'd love to hear it. I think the way I am leaning at this point is to just order a few glasses to go with the meal, and leave it at that. The pairing is almost surely too much for just me.

Also, I would LOVE to see the photos! :D When you have time, of course ;)

I'm really excited. We had decided to give V&As a miss for our Easter trip this year as we were only taking our 12 year old and didn't want to leave him alone.

But at Christmas time our 17 year old decided to come too freeing us up for a night at V&As and of course it was fully booked.

Last night i found a 6:15pm booking for the night we check in at VGF, the only night we have no ADR while staying at VGF. Getting ready will be tight but it'll help actually staying at the resort. Can't wait.

As for wine I'm thinking rather than a wine flight which ends up a lot of wine and we don't always like them all we will order a bottle this time.

Last edited:
We are planning to split the $150 wine paring where they give you equivalent of half a serving each (and even if you pick a different item one will get red and the other white it's no problem to match your course)

So it's much more manageable

At the Chef's Table I've shared the pairings with my partner and also had a pairing all to myself. They eyeball the pours so it's not the most precise amount, but I would say they were about 5oz. When splitting the pourings we started off getting maybe 3oz each but by the end it felt like they were doing full 5oz pours each. If you're holding a good rapport with your servers there's a better chance that they will start being more generous with their pours. My partner asked about a wine she saw on the menu and they brought her a whole glass on the house to sample.

You'll also get an option between two pairings - a $150 and a cheaper one (I think it's $105). The more expensive pairing changes daily and features select wines from boutique wineries and some rarer options. One of the bottles they brought out was limited to something like 500 bottles. I'd definitely suggest it. I usually like reds far more than whites but I told them to bring whatever they felt would be best and I thought every glass was amazing.

For what it's worth, I'm a 6'2 240lb man and after having a pairing all for myself I definitely left fairly tipsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter