The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, hello!

I'm a complete V&A virgin and my fiancé and I are going for our honeymoon in September. I have a couple questions.

1. Chef's Table or QVR? This is our biggest debate. The chef's table will obviously be amazing. But as newlyweds, the Queen Vic room would be much more romantic, yes??

2. If we do decide on the Chef's table, please tell me the things, cause I've heard a few different things. I'm renting DVC points for this trip so I do believe I get 180+10, which opens up for me this coming Tues Mar. 15. Is it that I need to be online and booking at 6am EST, or do I need to be reaching the restaurant by phone at 7am EST? I've heard both things.

Thanks for the help.

My 2-cents ...

1. If you can get the Chef's Table, get it! Nothing compares. It's a wonderful experience!
2. Be online at 6AM, but V&A is quirky ... a phone call at V&A opening might be required.

Good luck!

Brian

So I just booked our first V&A experience this morning and we are very excited about it. My 16 year old is a budding foodie, loves to cook, and can't wait to see how it's done by the best.

A couple of questions immediately come to mind:

1) My wife is a very picky eater. My daughter and I will be fine. Looking at the menu as posted she would eat only a couple things out of the 10 courses. Will she be able to make specific requests and will the chef be able to hook her up with something wonderful?

2) My wife and I are non-drinkers. Will there be any problem with this? Can't imagine there would be, except saving some money. What should I expect to pay for the three of us, without the wine pairings?

About a week out from your reservations you will get a confirmation call where they will ask for any allergies and food aversions. They can be accommodating, but I'm certain there's a point (no cheeseburger and chicken nuggets). If all you'll want to drink is coffee, tea, or soft drinks, then it will be included in the meal price. House still and sparkling water is free, and there is also a water menu with about 15 options ranging from $10-20.

Hello, hello!

I'm a complete V&A virgin and my fiancé and I are going for our honeymoon in September. I have a couple questions.

1. Chef's Table or QVR? This is our biggest debate. The chef's table will obviously be amazing. But as newlyweds, the Queen Vic room would be much more romantic, yes??

2. If we do decide on the Chef's table, please tell me the things, cause I've heard a few different things. I'm renting DVC points for this trip so I do believe I get 180+10, which opens up for me this coming Tues Mar. 15. Is it that I need to be online and booking at 6am EST, or do I need to be reaching the restaurant by phone at 7am EST? I've heard both things.

Thanks for the help.

QVR has been reported to be a little noisy due to the ceiling acoustics, and with only four tables in close proximity I wouldn't feel like I could really relax and enjoy a nice conversation without being overheard. The chef's table is a bit more informal (though the recent renovation was supposed to make it feel much nicer) but I love that you can relax, speak freely, and get up and walk around a little bit. It felt much more romantic than the other two rooms. I have not seen online booking working correctly for the chef's table, but it's worth a try. The Disney reservation line does not take V&A's reservations as far as I know, so you'd actually call the restaurant directly at 9am eastern (407-wdw-dvna).

FYI - we ate in the main dining room two weeks ago and were not allowed to split the wine pairing as we have done in years past.

Confirmed: The split wine policy has been terminated. However, you can always share a wine from the same glass.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Oh okay, thank you! I don't know where I got the info to call them at 7am EST.

Strange. Today was my 180 day mark and I was able to book for our Sept trip this morning on the website at 6am with all of my other ADR's with no problems.

So excited! Now I have to decide whether I am going to go with the 7 course or the 10 course meal.

We totally made the mistake in December in going for the 10 course meal. Mistake because now it will be impossible to go back to a 7 course meal. The 10 courses was fantastic. We've always enjoyed the 7 course but the 10 course just makes much more sense with the progression of courses. And the wine pairing progresses from light white to heavier whites to light reds to heavier reds. It just makes so much sense!

QVR has been reported to be a little noisy due to the ceiling acoustics, and with only four tables in close proximity I wouldn't feel like I could really relax and enjoy a nice conversation without being overheard.

I'd heard that too and almost moved back to the main room but we didn't find it noisy at all, there's quite a bit of room between the tables (more than at a normal restaurant IMO) and I couldn't overhear anyone's conversations in the room.

QVR has been reported to be a little noisy due to the ceiling acoustics, and with only four tables in close proximity I wouldn't feel like I could really relax and enjoy a nice conversation without being overheard. The chef's table is a bit more informal (though the recent renovation was supposed to make it feel much nicer) but I love that you can relax, speak freely, and get up and walk around a little bit. It felt much more romantic than the other two rooms. I have not seen online booking working correctly for the chef's table, but it's worth a try. The Disney reservation line does not take V&A's reservations as far as I know, so you'd actually call the restaurant directly at 9am eastern (407-wdw-dvna).

Oh really? Hmmm. So if I can't get the Chef's Table I shouldn't be trying for QVR then, and just ask for the main dining room instead??

question about V&A - we're considering booking for our anniversary, but neither of us like fish. I know they'll make some accommodations for preferences - would no seafood be too much to ask? We're willing to try just about anything else.

question about V&A - we're considering booking for our anniversary, but neither of us like fish. I know they'll make some accommodations for preferences - would no seafood be too much to ask? We're willing to try just about anything else.

"Accommodation" and "flexibility" are two terms synonymous with the V&A experience. Just ask in advance; the staff will adapt.

They can even accommodate vegetarian palates, they aim to please. I am so glad that we have added V&A's to our October F&W trip. Mostly to accommodate a friend, but any reason is a good reason! :thumbsup2

That's an easy request to fill. I actually don't think I've ever been served a fish dish, maybe scallops once, and caviar as part of the amuse bouche.

I'll spare you a bunch of pictures, but here's a few from the 'newly redesigned' Chef's Table @ V&A
(This is circa, 3/8/16 or so last week)

It's 'mostly there' according to Chef Scott.. a few more things he wants to do to it.
I don't wanna spoil it for you all, you just have to see it to believe it

A few things to notice
1) The 'iron' divider between the kitchen and the table is now a 'solid' wall (left of the butter picture)
2) The decor seems much more formal (I like it..) with some nice dark cherry'ish wood
3) Yes, he was there and cooking
4) Yes, my kids were appreciative (but they're great kids)
5) Yes I had to call the restaurant directly at 180+
6) Fabulous meal btw.. even better than main dining, or Remy in my experience
7) By the way - I was talking to Chef Scott - some people may or may not notice this, but it's going to be even HARDER to get reservations - they've cut down on seatings (no longer earlier/late.. it's just one continuous..) so total # of seatings is less - focus on quality (which I think is up some) and obviously price is up some too (just slightly, i think)
8) And my wife/I did share the wine pairing (someone who had said they wouldn't let you do it in MDR.. they did at Chef's table, at least :)
9) Lastly - try the new Turbot, and the new Wag steak (not the Iwata).. omg.

IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2183.JPG IMG_2172.JPG

A great report w/interesting update info and fine photos! Thanks for sharing.

As a followup, this was our menu (similar to the QVR one)
I have pictures if there's anything you really wanna see, but didn't want to blow up the thread with big pictures

Amuse-Bouche: Cauliflower Panna cotta with Siberian Caviar [comment: kids said, can't believe he made a vegetable Cauliflower taste so good.. first time kids tried caviar too. Light dish, was nice]
Roulade of Smoked Salmon and Alaskan King Crab [great combination of seafood together]
Alaskan Sablefish with Baby Bok Choy [this was kids favorite hit of the night as far as seafood.. ]
{Wild Turbot with Toasted Capers and Preserved Lemon} ($35) [I had extra.. what a great fish - had some in Copenhagen also before on cruise.. don't pass this up!
Scottish Langoustine with Nage Crema [kids comment: didn't know there could be something better than lobster.. hah!]
Truffled Bell and Evans Chicken with Chanterelle Mushrooms [sous-vide cooked. Made chicken good and not dry]
Berkshire "Porchetta" (pork with ham.. this believe it or not, was the only dish most of us didn't like compared to the others.. wasn't bad, just nothing spectacular)
Australian Kobe-Style Beef with Potato Gnocchi. (I had additional Miyzazki A5 Japanse Beef ($55)]. Good as always, this is a regular dish for most people MDR I think
Cheese tray (kids had White Chocolate Gelato here)
Green Apple Mousse with Sour Cream Ice Cream {ya apples, wow}
Peruvian Chocolate Crunch {ya.. chocolate}
Coffee/Chocolate to go

I'm allergic to all seafood so they make up a custom menu for me without any. DH loves seafood and even goes for the upcharge caviar so we both get what we like.

BOO YA! Chef's Table September 17th. Brb gonna go take out a loan or four.

(I'm so ridiculously excited.)
That's one of the nights of our trip. Was it the only night open when you got it? Did you book online or call? Also, do you think you will be the only party, or will they have room for 2 more? I'm not sure how it all works, but I am really, really hoping we can get it. I can't try until Saturday and Sunday. We have a split stay.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!