When did you first learn to cook?

'formally' probably 10-girl scout merit badge

informally i recall using the betty crocker cookbook to make cookies and cakes around age 8 or 9.

Define cooking. I took "Bachelor Living" my Freshman year of high school and learned to bake bread from scratch and other things then, so early teens.
I say define cooking because we have microwaves now, something we didn't have when I was a kid. But a lot of kids cook in the microwave.

I never really did. I've figured a few things out, but I'm not great at it. I can manage some pasta dishes well enough and I do know how to grill some burgers or steak. I'm a little iffy with chicken as I am always afraid it won't be done, so I end up overdoing it. Forget about baking - I can't even get a box of pre-made brownie mix to come out right!

It has been a work in progress since I was maybe 8 years old. Back then it was mainly breakfast foods I guess.

I didn't learn to cook until very late in my life and it's still not something I do well. I'm getting better but much improvement is needed.

I made bread from the time I was in grade school (maybe 6-8 years old). When I was a little older (10?12?) I started making dinner once a week, and it was really a way for me to pick foods and get taught by my stepmom how to make them. This makes me feel really old, because I can say I've been cooking about 50 years. 👵

As soon as I could stand on a stool and cook with my parents, so around 2 or so? I still have my first apron somewhere and it is about the size of a 2 or 3 year old would wear.

Both my parents cook and they wanted their kids to learn early and I truly don't remember not cooking.

Baking - probably 5 or 6. Actually cooking? Junior/Senior Year of college... my father still cooks pork chops without seasoning so there was no hope there

Actually cooking was about 9 or 10. My mother was a grocery checker, so had odd hours.
I learned to cook to help when she wasn't home for dinner.
Baking, a few years earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter