The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seating at Victoria & Albert's varies throughout the year:

September to June - 5:45-6:30 pm and 9:00-9:45 pm
July to August - 7:00-7:45 pm

Thanks. I was asking because I've heard it is a 2 hour or more experience. I can't image eating dinner that late (9pm). I wouldn't make it past the first course before I fell asleep. :)

I think (if and) when I go, I'll try for the early time.

I've been on the fence about booking this for myself and DH for our next trip. My question is....when the bill comes do you honestly feel that it was worth what you are paying? It sounds like for most people, the answer is "yes." :thumbsup2

When we returned after our dinner in December, my parents could not believe how much money we had spent on "one dinner." No amount of explaining would do it justice, but in my mind, I cant wait to fork it over again in February!

"I can't image eating dinner"

You are not eating dinner, you are having a dining experience!

I have to say that while I have not had the opportunity to dine at V&A my BFF and her husband have and between them I think they are either allergic to or don't like nearly every food in the universe. It's been about a year and I think she mentions something about it every time we talk or email. Now it's kind of a running joke, but it give you an idea of how wonderful an experience it can be if you have major concerns about food.

My BFF carries several Epi-pens with her and never fails that she has to use at least one while at WDW b/c of some kitchen error along the way. She rants and raves about she wishes she could eat at V&A every day of her trip.

Let's see, she and her hubby are either allergic to or don't eat: dairy, eggs, citrus, beef, pork, game meat, shellfish, wheat, soy, corn, nuts, olives (olive oil is OK), sugar, or artificial sweetners. I know, I know. What do they eat and why do I know this? Because she goes on and on and on about how amazing it was to eat at V&A.

We eat here at least once a year and my biggest complaint is that bread. It should not be so good. It should not tempt diners to fill up on it instead of the food. Victoria and/or Albert should not bring a new piece as soon as you pick up the last of your current piece. That bread is evil.

Its not evil, its just baked that way!!

hehehehehe

V&A is an experience that any couple celebrating anything should enjoy.

I really enjoyed the experience (and the wine!)

Yes, V&A is worth every penny. Everyone is mentioning the bread, but how about the paired butters that go with the bread. The black truffle brioche and truffle butter are to die for.

I have a question:

I have read in reviews in the past that you are given a loaf of bread as a parting gift. I believe I also read something about roses for ladies. Can anyone confirm?

I have a question:

I have read in reviews in the past that you are given a loaf of bread as a parting gift. I believe I also read something about roses for ladies. Can anyone confirm?

Yes to both. At the end of the meal, ladies are presented with a single red rose in a clear plastic protective case.

We looooove V&A's! Amazingly, we haven't eaten there in over 2 years, I think that is some kind of a record for me since we first started going in 2001.

I do mourn the foie gras though, I really really really wish they could bring that back. Best foie gras I have ever had was at V&A's (and I've had it on every visit); no other place in or out of WDW ever compared.

My other fave is the stilton cheesecake that they serve as part of the cheese course, it is fabulous! I had requested it to be made specially the last time we visited.

We are going to go if we go back to WDW in October. I am thinking about trying for the Chef's Table and surviving DH - he's never eaten there, I have once with my sister (on my first visit).

I wish they'd keep the rose. I used to take them to the Adventurers Club and give them to the cast members. Now what will I do with the rose? I don't want to carry it home.

Our roses survived about a week in the water tube they are presented in. We brought ours home, as carry on the flight. We dried them, as they were from our anniversary celebration. We received a cranberry orange loaf which we enjoyed for breakfast the next day. I wasn't sure if this was done for everyone (the loaf) or just those with celebrations.

My bf and I ate there xmas eve 2007. It was absolutely fantastic. It was our anniversary so I called ahead and arranged for a cake to be made. The cake was TO DIE FOR! It was absolutely amazing. I also called ahead and requested that the harp player learn "come what may" from moulin rouge. He learned it just for us(he called to confirm the version we wanted) and played it during the dinner. It was a fantastic night. Our 4 year is coming up and I'd love to go back, but I'm afraid I can't afford it this time around.

We did wine pairing and since it was a holiday, the price was jacked up. It was 500 for the two of us with tip.

I may have missed where this was stated, but I have heard a few different answers...

How early can you book Victoria and Albert's? Is it 180 days out, 90 + 10, or just 90?

Thanks!

Going in December and don't think I will be able to get a ressie if it's 180 days, but will be calling ASAP in the morning if it is :rotfl:

V&A is 90 days. Unless you are trying for Chefs Table, you shouldn't have a problem getting an reservation. If it is your first time, I'd suggest the main dining room.

We enjoyed V&A's (we've only been once) but didn't come away thinking "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG That was so awesome!"

Don't get me wrong, the food was great, and the service was pretty good (I actually came away a little disappointed in the service). I think I enjoyed it more than my wife did; I think she'd built it up in her head mentally and was a little let down. I thought the food was up to par but that the setting and the service was not as good.

I've eaten at several 3-star Michelin restaurants and they were better than V&A's. Cost was comparable. It's clearly the best you'll find at WDW.

I've eaten at several 3-star Michelin restaurants and they were better than V&A's. Cost was comparable. It's clearly the best you'll find at WDW.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. If you like the V&A's type of experience, where else can you go in central FL? Where else can you get onsite childcare?

I've eaten at several 3-star Michelin restaurants and they were better than V&A's. Cost was comparable. It's clearly the best you'll find at WDW.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing. If you like the V&A's type of experience, where else can you go in central FL? Where else can you get onsite childcare?

Agreed. I don't know whether Orlando has restaurants like that other than V&A's, but I kind of doubt it. It's clearly the best haute cuisine experience available at WDW.

I have to say that while I have not had the opportunity to dine at V&A my BFF and her husband have and between them I think they are either allergic to or don't like nearly every food in the universe. It's been about a year and I think she mentions something about it every time we talk or email. Now it's kind of a running joke, but it give you an idea of how wonderful an experience it can be if you have major concerns about food.

My BFF carries several Epi-pens with her and never fails that she has to use at least one while at WDW b/c of some kitchen error along the way. She rants and raves about she wishes she could eat at V&A every day of her trip.

Let's see, she and her hubby are either allergic to or don't eat: dairy, eggs, citrus, beef, pork, game meat, shellfish, wheat, soy, corn, nuts, olives (olive oil is OK), sugar, or artificial sweetners. I know, I know. What do they eat and why do I know this? Because she goes on and on and on about how amazing it was to eat at V&A.

Ooh, I want to meet your friends. They are allergic to more stuff than me! Sorry, no offense to them. But my friends give me a hard time because I'm allergic to so much. I tell them it could be worse. My list of foods is a little more limited because there is also a lot of stuff I just won't eat. :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter