The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have "devoured" this thread in a single afternoon. I was the fortunate recipient of a dusting of pixie dust and was able to book the Chef's Table for my Oct trip- to be accompanied by several DIS friends. :woohoo: (FYI- the 180 + 10 rule applied)

I'm looking forward to it so much that I can't even really describe it. I know it's going to be an amazing experience no matter what, but if anyone has any tips on "maximizing" it, please share! :)

I'm not a particularly adventurous eater but I've already told myself to leave it up to the chef's and try whatever they have to offer. I was also lucky enough to see a "demo" by Chef Scott and Israel at the D23 Sip and Stroll event last year, tried caviar for the first time and adored it, much to my surprise.

Our dinner is 6 months away but we'll be sure to come back and share. :goodvibes

We also have gotten the Chef's Table for 10/6. :cloud9:
We are so excited because we've tried for many years to get the reservation with no success. We've dined there many times before and hope that the chef's table has a little different twist on the usual menu.
DH and I have gotten to experience the counter at Napa Rose at the GC in Disneyland. That was one of the MOST amazing experiences we've ever had. We just hope V&As can live up to that experience.

I have "devoured" this thread in a single afternoon. I was the fortunate recipient of a dusting of pixie dust and was able to book the Chef's Table for my Oct trip- to be accompanied by several DIS friends. :woohoo: (FYI- the 180 + 10 rule applied)

I'm looking forward to it so much that I can't even really describe it. I know it's going to be an amazing experience no matter what, but if anyone has any tips on "maximizing" it, please share! :)

I'm not a particularly adventurous eater but I've already told myself to leave it up to the chef's and try whatever they have to offer. I was also lucky enough to see a "demo" by Chef Scott and Israel at the D23 Sip and Stroll event last year, tried caviar for the first time and adored it, much to my surprise.

Our dinner is 6 months away but we'll be sure to come back and share. :goodvibes

If you have already associated with "Chef Scott and Israel" you are off to a grand start. Get ready for an extraordinary journey at V&A's! We'll be returning there in June and can't wait, either.

All the best. :thumbsup2

We are eating there for the first time May 4th and I cannot wait! I'm really looking forward to dressing up and enjoying the setting..hopefully my husband will enjoy it enough to go again later this year. *Squeal*

I've booked a table for one the last week in September. I've never done anything like this, certainly not on my own and I'm both thrilled and excited as well as nervous. I actually called to change my reservation one night and I have to say already the service is incredible. They asked me if I was celebrating anything (I am! The Wine/Dine half marathon) and were gracious about my vegetarian menu - even asked specific questions so that I have a menu that I am comfortable with. I'm excited to go by myself, but will I stick out like a sore thumb? Is it rude to read in such a place?

I've booked a table for one the last week in September. I've never done anything like this, certainly not on my own and I'm both thrilled and excited as well as nervous. I actually called to change my reservation one night and I have to say already the service is incredible. They asked me if I was celebrating anything (I am! The Wine/Dine half marathon) and were gracious about my vegetarian menu - even asked specific questions so that I have a menu that I am comfortable with. I'm excited to go by myself, but will I stick out like a sore thumb? Is it rude to read in such a place?

No, it is not rude -- as long as it's not a newspaper or an oversized magazine or book. In fact, you will be an ideal guest for those who sit near you.

Enjoy your forthcoming memorable dining experience.

I eat out by myself all the time - and I read when I do. It' s not rude - no one is paying attention to you, so there's no need to feel self-conscious.

I just changed my 5:30 ADR to 8:45 so I can have most of a full day at the park; it's a little late for me to be eating, but I'll survive for one night, lol

I know others will (and have) disagree with me on this, but you can take as many photos as you like. They don't discourage it at all, in fact our server has always offered to take a photo of us.

I have taken food pics there, and I we didn't seem to be disturbing others. It is YOUR vacation, and if you want to take photos you certainly can. The tables are not near each other at all, and there is background noise. I have never paid any attention to what is going on at other tables when I have been there.

Have fun! It is a special evening that is to be celebrated! Don't be intimidated by the restaurant, at the end of the day that is all it is; a restaurant!

ITA! I do, however, go flashless. ;)

Thanks for the replies. I certainly don't want to disturb anyone...no flash is definitely an option. My camera can handle that.

My husband and I ate at the Chef's Table a few years ago. We are going to try again for food and wine. I assume that we should both start dialing shortly before 7 am EST and just blurt out "Chef's table" when someone answers the phone. Has the reservations process changed at all? The only thing I can find different is that V and A's has a separate line now.

Thanks in advance! Our 180 days is opening soon!

Sarah

I've booked a table for one the last week in September. I've never done anything like this, certainly not on my own and I'm both thrilled and excited as well as nervous. I'm excited to go by myself, but will I stick out like a sore thumb? Is it rude to read in such a place?

I went there by myself on 4/21 and didn't have time to read. I didn't even feel like reading :) The courses come on a regular basis, and the atmosphere is so lovely that I didn't feel the need to entertain myself.

Have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

Can anyone who's been recently tell me if the Kurobuta Pork is back with the Sherry Bacon Vinigarette for Spring/Summer? At Christmas it was with a cassolet which was not quite as delicious imo.

We're booked for the Chef's Table on May 21, and so excited! However, for anyone that has done the Chef's Table before-- what is the temperature like? I know it's in a kitchen, so I'm wondering if it gets very hot or if the dining area is pretty well ventilated?

We're booked for the Chef's Table on May 21, and so excited! However, for anyone that has done the Chef's Table before-- what is the temperature like? I know it's in a kitchen, so I'm wondering if it gets very hot or if the dining area is pretty well ventilated?

I thought it was comfortable and well ventilated.

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to having a wonderful time! And I'm thrilled to know that I won't stick out! I'm super super excited!

I've read that the dining experience for the Chef's Table or QVR is 3-4 hours. Is this accurate? Could you likely complete it in 3 hours without rushing?

Thanks muchly as always. :goodvibes

I've read that the dining experience for the Chef's Table or QVR is 3-4 hours. Is this accurate? Could you likely complete it in 3 hours without rushing?

Thanks muchly as always. :goodvibes

Indeed. During our previous V&A dinners, we have never been there for more than three hours at a time. We never felt rushed; in fact, time almost ceases to exist when you are there. We look forward to our dinner there next month.

In the Dining Room it averages a bit over 20 minutes per course, so for seven courses you are there about 140 minutes is about 2½ hours. Allowing the same 20 minutes per course average, with ten courses you will be there 200 minutes which is close to 3½ hours. And the Chef will come over to discuss the courses with you, which will add time, so closer to f hours is more likely.

They are not a production line. They will start a course for you a certain length of time, depending on what is being cooked, in relationship to the serving of the prior course. And I really cannot see any reason to want to rush through such a meal.

:dance3: 1 more day! I received our call from V&As yesterday...of course I was at school and couldn't answer my phone:sad2: We can hardly wait! I'll post a review with pictures when we return!

We are back from another wonderful visit to WDW. The experience at V&As was unbelievable!!! Words can't describe the night we encountered. I have started a TR and will do a complete review on V&As with pictures;) The link is below...stay tuned for V&As...not until Day 7 of our 10 day trip. This will certainly be a place that we return on future trips!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter